DataScan Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Brent Sergot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are lots of interesting problems to solve, management is extremely supportive, benefits are awesome, good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Great benefits and the company is invested in sharing in it's success with bonuses (in 8 reviews)

Cons

"Great Place! Great People!"

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Associates work together and are family.
    You are encouraged to question processes.
    Your voice is heard.
    You know you are valued as an associate.

Cons

Holding people accountable isn't always done consistently.

Advice to Management

Obtain a full story/picture before making a decision or passing judgment.
    Stay engaged and listen to what your team is telling you.

2. "no longer with this organization"

Pros

cant think of any fond memories

Cons

they can go take a long walk on a short pier

3. "Field Risk Specialist"

Pros

Minimal supervision, could manage my own time effectively. Excellent benefits. No day was the same as another. Met new people every week and was able to forge relationships.

Cons

Long days and driving. Not a 9 to 5 job. Sometimes I was required to travel on Sunday to be ready for Monday.

"Best Place I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at DataScan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An awesome company to work for!. It is part of JM Family, started by Mr. Jim Moran - a man with a vision and a mission. Datascan lives the core values of JM Family.
    Excellent teamwork, great pay and amazing benefits.
    The company is totally employee focused - Sorry, employee is not the right word. We are 'associates' here.
    Most humble top management. In almost every company meeting you would hear the President say that - all the credit goes to the associates.
    I see why we have associates who have spent 40 years with this family. Would love to retire from here, a couple of decades from now.

Cons

Don't see any so far.

Advice to Management

You are amazingly humble and respectful of the associates. Remain that way and we will give you our best and then try to improve on it!
    Together we will make it happen! Dare to dream and we will make it possible!

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DataScan is a great place to work. The benefits alone make it a very appealing place to work. But it is much more than that. It is a place were you feel like family.

Cons

Unless you are in the IT field, there are not many open jobs for movement with the the company.

6. "Great People, Great Company"

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DataScan is a hidden gem to most job seekers in the Atlanta market. This is an organization that I have been part of for more than 12 yrs and my experience here is only getting better. DataScan is part of JM Family Enterprises which has been ranked on the 100 Best Companies list for 17yrs straight. The culture at JM Family is awesome and it is stronger than any other company that I have worked for in my 20+yr career. They truly live the philosophy that their associates are their most important asset! If you are looking for a fun and innovative place to work, DataScan and JM Family should be on your short list.

Cons

The only drawback to DataScan, even though it is part of a larger organization, is that we are relatively small in terms of associates in the Alpharetta office. We currently have 150+ associates here so the opportunities for advancement and growth are somewhat limited. That being said, you are ultimately part of an organization with 4,000+ associates, so you do have options but they may not be based in the Alpharetta location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing as you are truly making DataScan a great place to work!

7. "Great place to work"

Pros

-The people. It is truly like a family here.
    -The benefits. Let me just say....WOW. You are really taken care of here.
    -Great fancy new coffee and fun break room with games to really take a break when needed.
    -Challenging and exciting work with room to be creative and take risks. Plus you can use the innovation lab as a space to work on new projects!

Cons

-The building is outdated, but there are plans to build a new office and move within the next year.

8. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DataScan embraces innovation, and is pushing forward with new technology and ideas every day. There is always an opportunity to learn and explore new technologies. DataScan has proven time and again that they look out for their Associates first. The benefits are far above average, exceeding anything I've seen anywhere else. Annual bonuses are also amazing. Career Longevity in this field of work is something I didn't see until I got here. So many people have been here for many, many years. We constantly endeavor to improve our processes, our products and ourselves. You can't ask much more from a company than that.

Cons

The downsides of working here are equivalent to any job. You have some politics, you have some older technologies, you have some long hours at times. But in the long run, its the support you get from the company that makes it all worth it. There's nothing specific to this company that is a con vs any other company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Remember where we came from while we move forward. A lot of long nights were put into our product, and a lot of teamwork. Hindsight is 20/20. Also, continue to keep your focus on our clients, and our departments that support them. We have to own our past as much as our future.

9. "Exciting Place to Work"

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Focused on driving innovation in process and technology. The company has been a leader in the Financial Floor-planning industry for years and is focused on reinventing itself to ensure it's future. Flexible work hours with a great associate base. Great benefits and the company is invested in sharing in it's success with bonuses.

Cons

DataScan is still a relatively small company, so with associate retention, it's limited in its job growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

New business is awesome, but don't forget to invest in your existing customer base and the support of their environments.

10. "Awesome company, Definitely on the Up and Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at DataScan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great company, they take care of their employees even when the company wasn't doing well.
    - A lot of room to growth either laterally or vertically
    - Good work/life balance
    - Friendly people
    - Extremely good benefits
    - Will be a company to recon with in the very near future

Cons

- Outdated Software (that has created opportunities to grow and update their lacking software with the latest and greatest. Like I said on the up and up)
    - The old coffee

Advice to Management

Even greater things in 2017