Dataiku Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

4.9
Dataiku Fondateur Dirigeant Florian Douetteau
Florian Douetteau
Pros
  • "Great Product : innovative, beautiful and meeting the market needs(in 17 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is something unrivalled(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing fast, we will have to set up new processes(in 6 reviews)

• "Nothing immediately comes to mind(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people & culture; about to hit its stride

May 3, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dataiku's product vision and market message are as tightly aligned as any company I've worked for. I think 2021 is the year more and bigger customers realize just how strong a bet they can make with DSS. The executive team often makes tough choices quickly, particularly in management direction. Meanwhile the support for cultural development, campus outreach, community building, ethical AI -- and other programs not entirely about revenue -- have strong leadership and clear goals. The sales team only seems to be picking up steam. The kudos for sales wins go far and wide. No active contributor seems to go unnoticed. We have a Happiness Team that looks out for company-wide morale through a variety of programs. 2020 would have been an especially dismal and grey year without them.

Cons

Dataiku is a French company with naturally strong business relations and momentum in the EU. For an American worker, there is of some learning and adapting to do, which is all very fine. Staying connected across many time zones is hard, however, especially for complex projects and multiple stakeholders. Staff growth is crazy fast right now, and onboarding remains a remote process for the time being. I suppose that's true for almost every company today, but Dataiku culture is high-touch by nature, and that's a hard thing to sacrifice for so long.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with a great culture, people, and product in an exciting space!

Apr 13, 2021 - Enterprise Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organization feels fairly flat, and C-suite and senior leaders are truly open to meeting with individual contributors. Company as a whole is very successful within its space; I feel confident that our product and our services are stronger than our competitors Strong outlook with a clear path to IPO

Cons

Dataiku is a fast growing company and you have to be open to change and adaptable Processes are often being redesigned and reimagined as we iterate on our operating model Fast promotional cycles have created first-time leaders who are still developing their style and skills

3. 5.0

Low-key awesome

Apr 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are very collaborative, smart and hardworking. Employees truly believe in the product and are energized by the company's growth. Management is thoughtful about structural and process changes. I feel supported as a parent and encouraged to take time off when needed.

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0

Best Company Yet!

Apr 18, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency and open dialogue, collaboration, caring (internal & external), real teamwork, customer commitment, trust, listening, vision...

Cons

None that I am ware of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

Apr 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many opportunities to learn, grow, and explore your interests. Folks are incredibly smart and welcoming. Employee happiness and wellness are a priority.

Cons

Typical growing pains that come with a successful scaling company. There are not a lot of processes in place but that's beginning to change. Collaborating cross border can also be challenging sometimes as you work around different time zones and cultures.

6. 5.0

Excellent Company in so many ways. Great products/Great people/Great leadership

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is unique. The leadership drive an excellent culture which motivates everyone to work together to get things done and have some fun along the way.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Maybe some of the typical growing pains that rapidly growing companies experience.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots to Love about Dataiku!

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Strategic Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of kindness Best product in its category Humble leadership Global, collaborative and FUN culture

Cons

Fast growth creates challenges for every company, especially during Covid, but Dataiku takes the challenge seriously and earnestly tries to implement policies that support new and current employees.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Perfect Storm: Humility, Credibility and Growth

Mar 5, 2021 - Director of Lead Generation in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

After 3 years I still find it crazy that it feels like my experience at Dataiku will never be topped by another organization. Everyone can say "I love the company I work for." And I'm sure they mean it. But the reason to love a company normally means you value what the company is best at providing. Some companies are growing at incredible rates and the employees there love being part of something big. Something exciting! On the other hand, some companies are a comfortable, steady environment filled with family oriented company culture and provide a great work life balance for employees looking to build young families. From my experience - it's hard to find a place that offers an environment that can cater to all types of employees who value each of these experiences. Dataiku is just that. This is the most incredible place to work. We work hard. We are a leader in our growing industry and being part of this company puts you at the forefront of the data science space. It is challenging. I feel like I learn something new every single day and simply keeping pace with the newest developments is a challenge in itself. Working here is exhilarating. It has been 3 years and I can honestly say there has not been a single day that "dragged". Hours will fly by as you are moving from meeting to meeting and are learning something new and taking on a new challenge at each part of your day. At the same time - even in this exciting and challenging environment - our leadership prioritizes the people in this organization. We have more than tripled in size since I got here and yet I still feel the same core values that I felt when I first joined. Happiness is a priority to our leadership. Our entire company believes that employees will perform their best if they're happy. I can't express my appreciation enough for the culture that has been built here. The craziest part of all fo this is not only is this an exciting and challenging industry, not only do we all feel valued here, but the company is doing incredibly well. We are all bought in to something special here. We have grown incredibly quickly and we are all focused on enabling our organization to continue to grow for years to come.

Cons

With any growing organization there are always growing pains. This isn't a "con" necessarily but more a challenge that we face. As we add new roles there is simply going to be a period of time where we figure things out and it's a bit of trial and error. It's worth noting because aspiring Dataikers looking to join our organization should simply come in with an open mind and a willingness to be adaptable. There are times when roles aren't fully baked out until we go through the process of putting them in place.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best career choice i have ever made

Mar 29, 2021 - Vice President Marketing in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, clear vision, international team, smart people

Cons

We don't have the same quality food in the New York office as we do in our Paris office.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really amazing company to work for

Mar 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Believe the hype: the reviews on this page pretty much sum it up but its unlike most companies you will ever work for.

Cons

None that I can really think of other than the growing pains of a successful and scaling company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews