Delta Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Elizabeth Barry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engineer"

Pros

It is great to work here

Cons

I did not experience anything bad yet

"Very Pedestrian with a High School like atmoshpere"

I have been working at Delta Systems full-time

Pros

Pay is high for the area.

Cons

A lot of unchecked high school antics and Management does nothing to keep it in check. The place is run by Cliques HR doesn't hold anyone's confidence as it is supposed to do. The leadership is inept and I would have to say the founder of the company Mr. Barry is rolling over in his grave out at how poorly the company is being run.

Advice to Management

Bring in a third part for HR ans this person should not be part of local politics and gossip at Delta. Shake it up some all of your Managers and Supervisors knew each other at other places and all ended up at Delta together. They insulated themselves at the cost of others. Not good.

Mar 24, 2017 – Leadership Team

Thank you for your review. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we continually strive to make Delta Systems a destination workplace. We apologize for the frustration you appear to be... More

3. "Great place to work"

Pros

I've been working in the manufacturing department for several years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. It's the cleanest place I've ever worked, it's air conditioned/heated, you don't get stuck doing the same job day in and day out, supervisors and managers are easy to get along with and upper management are always ready to listen to every single employee.

Cons

Since I have to put something here, I'll say the pay could be better, but who doesn't always think that.

Nov 5, 2016 – Delta Systems HR Team

Thank you for the review! We're glad you enjoy working at Delta Systems. We continually benchmark our total compensation package (base pay, benefits, etc.) against other employers in the area and... More

4. "No advancement"

I worked at Delta Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent for starting out.

Cons

No cost of living increase. Team lead's were very difficult to please even if you were doing the very best you could do. They loved to micro-manage which made you feel like a small child the way they would stand back and watch you work. Very annoying. Too much drama.

Advice to Management

No point to give advice.

Jul 7, 2016 – Delta Systems HR Team

Thank you for your review. We strive to empower our employees to successfully perform their jobs through rigorous training. Over the past three years the company's base wage increases have exceeded... More

5. "Delta"

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Delta Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, loved the people I worked with

Cons

Management got terrible over the years

Jun 28, 2016 – Delta Systems HR Team

We really appreciate you sharing comments and will be sure to forward them to our management team. We're disappointed Delta Systems was not able to meet your expectations as an employer.

6. "good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH

I have been working at Delta Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean Factory and overall friendly atmosphere to work in
    good starting pay
    job not difficult and comfortable work stations

Cons

Cycle through temps like crazy. keep people temps for extended periods of time without hiring them on in order to save money
    cant have cell phone on shop floor at all.

Advice to Management

allow workers to rotate more often

Jun 28, 2016 – Delta Systems HR Team

Thank you for your review! Because of our seasonal business we utilize temporary labor in order to respond to our busy build and shipping season. It is always our goal to try and bring the most... More

7. "A Company intent on making a mark"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Delta Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very motivated employees, market foresight, innovation, vertically integrated processes and state of the art machinery.

Cons

Still a fee years before having a true global footprint.

Advice to Management

Positive to see a defined goal and plan. Comapny on the right path. Keep carrying on good work.

Nov 18, 2015 – Delta Systems HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our employees and the company. We too recognize establishing a larger global footprint is very... More

8. "This company helped me grow up. A good place to come FROM."

Former Employee - Molding Tech in Streetsboro, OH
    Former Employee - Molding Tech in Streetsboro, OH

I worked at Delta Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a tech in the molding department for 4 years. One of the lowest stress places I have ever worked. Had a nice structured schedule with weekends off, and time off around holidays. Recognition for hard work, although I found that good things only came if you were "liked" by management. They offered a decent (but not great) benefits package and an overall stable working environment that was air conditioned. The facility was clean and there were many nice people that worked on the floor. I started there when I turned 22 years old and I learned a lot about business and how things work in the professional world, whether I liked it or not. Tuition reimbursement was available which I used when I was there. The company over all was decent (but far from perfect) and I did enjoy the majority of the time I worked there and was over all an important part of my working career. I learned a lot there and wouldn't be where I am today without the experience I gained there.

Cons

Pay rate slightly low but not horrible
    Not a place to make a lot of $$$ (no overtime or decent sized bonuses)
    Drama gets out of control very quickly if there is a problem between employees / gossip
    Managers clearly show favoritism, and hire friends rather than more qualified individuals.
    Health insurance not very good (a lot of out of pocket expense)

Advice to Management

-Do not micro manage your shop floor employees. Everyone I met (even if I didn't personally like them) on the floor really cared about their job and took pride in their position. So what if they have a few minutes to themselves here and there.
    -Put more effort / money / investment into your key employees (process engineer, experienced techs, design engineers etc) and don't let these people leave, as many have.

9. "Long boring nights. Lack of movement will put you to sleep"

Current Employee - Assembler in Streetsboro, OH
    Current Employee - Assembler in Streetsboro, OH

I have been working at Delta Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay isn't bad for the little bit of work you do

Cons

They will tell you they are going to do something for weeks and never do it no matter how many times they tell you it will be done

Advice to Management

listen to some of the employees. even though some have a temp badge doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about. We are temps not retarded

"Not a great career choice for experienced, knowledgeable professionals!"

I have been working at Delta Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees working in production. (those employees below management)
    Lowest paid employees seem to work the hardest and take pride in their work. (Line assemblers, machine operators, supervisors, a few managers in production)

Cons

If you are looking for a career at an organization that will appreciate your knowledge and experience and listen to your ideas..... this is not the place for you. Sr. Management penalizes anyone who does not conform to their ideas and way of thinking. CEO and CFO put their ideas and agendas before the good of the company. President is clueless to what is really going on in her company. Great employees are leaving or let go because they don't fall into compliance with the management team. It is more of a popularity contest then a professional organization based on skills. There are several managers who are in positions of authority, but have no business being in their positions. They are not popular among the employees, they are part of a "GROUP" within the organization that is protected by dysfunctional Sr. Managers. They have no clue how to treat people with respect, integrity and professionalism. You go places in the company only if they "LIKE' you. Unless you are part of the "GROUP" and if you are, you can treat people with disrespect and not worry about losing your job. They are not held accountable for their actions.

The Berry family has turned a once revered company into a failure. They are struggling to come up with new ideas to stay competitive in the market. Relying on old products to continue their success. Failure after failure with new product lines. They do not have a strong team within the management group to stand up for their employees and make the company a great success. They are struggling with ideas, concepts and final stages of production because Sr. Managers and Directors don't have the skills needed for success.

What was once a place where employees felt appreciated, and their ideas were actually taken serious, is now an organization of dysfunction, failure and dread.

Same employee appreciation activities year after year after year. How many times can you have the same stuff without getting tired of it.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to the Berry's that they bring in a Sr. Manager that has no ties to the current management team. They should look at the skills, knowledge and experience of each manager to see if they are a good fit for their position.

Look into the compensation structure. Make it fair across the board.

The Sr. Manager that you hire to look at the company should also be forthcoming with the Berry's concerning the future success of the current organization.

Find new people or form a new committee if you want your employee appreciation activities to be impactful and successful. Your current ones are not working.

I would suggest restructuring the management team. That is just my opinion. Too many great employees have gone..... don't let any more go. Maybe consider rehiring employees who actually made a difference in the organization but were treated unfairly.