Desigual Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2021

3.4
Desigual Chief Corporate Officer Alberto Ojinaga (no image)
Alberto Ojinaga
Pros
  • "Free uniform every new collection, monthly commission(in 9 reviews)

• "Fun environment, lots of inspiration, and great values(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "They want to operate solely out of Barcelona, but cannot put enough care into the projects that they want to grow in the US(in 6 reviews)

• "The CEO listed here is not the current although the current gets a horrible rating as well since all operation issues come from upper management(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Fun And Positive Environment With Room For Growth"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at Desigual part-time for more than a year

Pros

*Fun, positive, energetic, free, relaxed, entertaining environment *Meeting international clientele from many differnt cultures and countries *Free uniform pieces every few months from new collections *Opportunity to grow *Really nice, kind and understanding country manager *Promotions and gifts for clientele and occasionally employees *Beautiful, fun and eclectic clothes, purses and patterns with a cultural fusion print *Nice employees and management team *Salary plus commission *You actually create great bonds with customers who will come in ONLY when you're scheduled because they enjoy and love the experience they had with you

Cons

Hmm not really any. Occasionally I've had associates/management "steal" a client I was working with. We have a monetary goal to achieve daily so that can cause some friction. However once addressed it was resolved.

"Good first job experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Desigual part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment and good energy from coworkers. Welcoming and very understanding, great as a first job. Good benefits.

Cons

Store manager was replaced several times, and there was some miscommunication about it.

"DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Management in New York, NY

I worked at Desigual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None! Except that most of the sales associates and assistant managers are great people

Cons

Filthy. MICRO-MANAGEMENT BEYOND!!! Nothing is correct, they change things every day. Operationally nothing works in stores. POS System fails daily. They expect you to work later than your shift to prove you can do your job. There’s bug infestation. Theres no sanitation you have to manually do it. The bug infestation and sanitation issue is where the break room is. None of the nyc locations have had appropriate store managers for months. There’s no PR done right, nothing for marketing. There are no security guards so items are robbed weekly. The CEO listed here is not the current although the current gets a horrible rating as well since all operation issues come from upper management. Members that are of African American descent feel that they are discriminated...... Desiree is a nightmare so beware. I worked for years until she came on board changing everything with nonsense and micromanaging EVERYTHING YOU DO INCLUDING BREATHING

Continue reading

"Save yourself..you won’t regret it"

I worked at Desigual

Pros

Free uniform that consist of 3-4 pieces that you receive every 3-4 months and have to wear it everyday

Cons

Speaking as a sales associate for Desigual soHo, this is the most unprofessional and unsanitary store I have ever worked at, all types of bugs and insects in stock room including bed bugs,roaches,waterbugs and spiders. The higher up’s used to bring all sorts of food to the stock room(same room where all the clothes is kept) and have little meetings within themselves and leave all the lefts overs and crumbs on the table for weeks, they once left left-over donuts on the table with all the mess that was made and nobody bothered to throw it out but me after a month. District manager is pretty much an air head who doesn’t know how to do her job to well, terribly lazy and very unprofessional, forces employees to follow customers around the store and force them to buy stuff wether they want to or not literally. The key holders except for mayja have disgusting attitudes and will make you do all the work plus theirs, than go behind the register and be on their phone ... called out sick one time due to getting sick from the district manager having the door open in 45 degree weather to get people to come in and buy and not thinkin much about the employees complaining that is too cold and was never scheduled to work again, asked her if I still worked their and was told I was removed from the roster even though the last time I went to pick up my uniform she told me I would get it my next shift(that was never scheduled)

"Horrible management."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Desigual part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free uniform, that’s about it.

Cons

Management is a joke. District manager is lazy. Doesn’t really inspire employees or offer incentives. They want people to strive for high target of sales but don’t motivate employees to do so.

Continue reading

"Fun company but disorganize"

Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY

I worked at Desigual full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good at keeping employees entertained and happy Their motto is "Life is good" and they mean it Laid back compared to other retailers

Cons

They are a bit disorganized with roles and management

7. "Nice Small Company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Keyholder in New York, NY

I have been working at Desigual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere Fun product to sell Working with a great team Meeting international customers Room for growth Nice upper management/corporate (in NY) Free uniforms

Cons

Pay could be better “Commission” is basically non existent No set schedule and working late nights and weekends(but that’s the sacrifice you make when working retail) Company is based out of Barcelona, which can make communication difficult if needed.

8. "Store Manager"

4.0
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Desigual full-time for less than a year

Pros

The franchise owners we're amazing it was a very upbeat small store to work in in Honolulu Hawaii I enjoy it very much

Cons

I really can't think of any

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Desigual full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay rate and Uniform options.

Cons

Store manager is completely incompetent and lazy. Do as she says not as she does.

10. "Sales"

5.0

I worked at Desigual part-time

Pros

Very fun environment! Loved working with my store manager who wasnt political like some environments

Cons

Nothing i can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 English Reviews