KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 273 of over 336 reviews

DialogueDirect CEO  Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people with an incredible amount of energy and joy.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Pay is good and does not depend on your position for the most part.(in 18 reviews)
  • "The team is awesome.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers rank amongst the best pros of this company.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Good money if you’re willing to hustle and go get it.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DialogueDirect and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

I love it

Oct 4, 2021 - Call Center Representative in Grand Prairie, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment was great

Cons

They didn’t pay enough money.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

Jul 4, 2022 - Site Representative in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people to word with

Cons

Poor payment.. the base is too low to make a living

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard work pays off

Feb 28, 2022 - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- the company benefits after 90 days. Great healthcare, vacation accrual, etc. - the pay structure rewards working hard - being outside on beautiful days - the conversations you have can be rewarding, and some of them can really be hilarious. New Yorkers are funny people. overall, dialogue strikes a really good balance between the bottom line and the well being of its workers by making sure everyone knows that there IS reciprocity. You work hard, dialogue rewards you with good opportunities. Plain and simple.

Cons

the only real con of face to face fundraising is that the public can and will be mean. That'll never change, so... and management knows this. They know how tough the job can be at times. That's why you can make good money doing it. The charities know how hard the job is. But the value of what dialogue does comes from how hard the job can be. Always a balance.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

"people are our priority" ...unless you work for us

Jan 30, 2022 - Roaming Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

team leads were amazing to work with.

Cons

this company suffers from a lack of organization, first and foremost. there were plenty of instances where teams were not provided information, enough equipment, etc, to be able to best execute our jobs. there is a huge disconnect between management and the people on the streets putting in the work. there is also no work/life balance. yes, you're signing up for working long weeks - 48 hours, 6 days - but while they say you have a day off (sunday) that's untrue, as that's the day spent traveling to your next location, unless you're fortunate enough to be staying in state, in which case you actually do get a day off but are told it's a PRIVILEGE. team leads are not paid accurately for the work they do, as they're expected to put in time planning and organizing after they're off the clock. there is no actual 'off the clock' but you're only paid for those eight hours a day, and if you don't meet their inflated expectations (immediately, by the way, as there's not much training), you're not paid a living wage. if you get sick (ie: COVID, as your days are spent interacting with strangers on the street) management doesn't care, they simply seem annoyed by you being unable to work. they never treats you as more than you are to them - disposable and replaceable. perhaps that's why their turnover rate is so high.

Director of Community

We're glad that you believe the Team Leads are amazing to work with. Leaders and senior management work closely to make sure all information is communicated as clearly as possible. Naturally with any communication there's room for improvement so we take your feedback into account as we continue growing. Team Leads have a role with more responsibility and hence their pay is higher to compensate for their impact. There are regular check ins with Team Leads, on and off the field, to support their success and the development of their teams. We've had COVID-19 protocols to take care of our team and support their health, the public's health, and ability to support our charity partner missions. We've updated protocols to remain current and continue wearing masks to uphold health and safety. For traveling we strive to paint as clear of a picture as possible. From schedule to lifestyle, and team dynamic to goals - we have a multiple step interview process to communicate with clarity. The National Roaming Team are pace setters because they take on a role to be the face of great charities while traveling across the country. We understand the combination of travel and performance is not a fit for everyone but we will continue improving to make the best impact for our team and partners.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

UGH

May 12, 2022 - On-site Representative in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are lovely and the mission is good.

Cons

The payment... they make you feel like bad.

6. 1.0

Don't waste your time

May 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to see different parts of the city.

Cons

Working in the horrible weather. Having to come in on the weekends to "make up" for my time off. They sell it as an easy thing to do. You are literally on street corners.

7. 2.0

Good money bad management

Mar 22, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

As long as you approach people/hit goals you can make good money.

Cons

The only way to move up is tp retain people you don’t get paid extra to train and guaranteed training will affect your sales numbers and take away from your pay. Management is so manipulative and favortistic that retaining people is nearly impossible. You’ll be asked to come in early and stay late unpaid.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Descent

Dec 28, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice management, flexible schedule, and good morale

Cons

Pay is low for what you do.

9. 2.0

It's a hard job

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worth it to do the job

Cons

Travel is hard. But you can learn to adapt

Director of Community

Thank you for taking the time to leave review. We agree that a traveling role takes time to adapt to and that the impact and rewards of the role are worthwhile!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team, professional growth and sense of purpose

Jun 29, 2021 - Canvasser in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing. Everyone is super passionate about the work and really works to support one another. Feels like a family. I always enjoyed the morning meetings and getting to work for meaningful causes. There are a lot of opportunities to grow as a leader and take on more responsibility. For those who are looking for a challenging role that can help them grow both personally and professional, and develop a great skillset in communication, fundraising or sales, then I'd say go for it.

Cons

The obvious one. As with any canvassing job, rejection is unavoidable. But you always have a team around you to build you up and support you when you're feeling down.

Director of Community

Thank you for leaving a review and sharing your experience! It's great to hear that you feel the sense of family and support. You're absolutely right that rejection is unavoidable but we're proud that you are still able to experience the opportunities and growth that this career can bring. We'll continue to develop more ways to grow and we thank you for your great work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 273 Reviews

DialogueDirect Reviews FAQs

DialogueDirect has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 336 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at DialogueDirect to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DialogueDirect employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DialogueDirect. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

53% of DialogueDirect employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DialogueDirect 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DialogueDirect to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with DialogueDirect Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at DialogueDirect? Share Your Experiences

DialogueDirect Careers

Cover image for DialogueDirect

DialogueDirect is the industry leader in face-to-face fundraising for exceptional non-profit organizations. Founded in Austria in 1995,...More

• What We Do
  • Our Partners
  • Career Path
  • Benefits

Company Updates

14 days ago

Company News
Taking a moment to recognize our fantastic DialogueDirect team in the Dominican Republic! 🇩🇴 ⁠ ⁠ ⁠A journey that began almost a year ago has now made an unmeasurable impact on local children and families thanks to our partnership with UNICEF. ⁠We couldn’t be prouder of our team’s accomplishments and tenacity. This is just the beginning of an incredible journey ahead!
Shared image

141 days ago

Company News
What does that mean?⁠ 🤷 ⁠ Benefit corporations and Certified #BCorps are often confused! They share much in common and are complementary, but have a few important differences. Benefit Corporations and Certified B Corps are both leaders of a global movement to use business as a force for good. ⁠Both meet higher standards of accountability and transparency. Both create the opportunity to unlock our full human potential and creativity to use the power of business for the higher purpose of solving society's most challenging problems.⁠ ⁠The benefit corporation structure is useful on its own, whether or not a company decides to pursue certification. Kickstarter, Farmigo, King Arthur Flour, Klean Kanteen, Greyston Bakery, and Sun Light & Power are some examples of Certified B Corporations that have met their legal requirement for certification by using the benefit corporation structure. Click below to learn more:
Shared image - What is a Benefit Corporation?
What is a Benefit Corporation?
benefitcorp.net