DialogueDirect Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
DialogueDirect CEO Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I learned a lot from the people I worked with and the job itself" (in 10 reviews)

• "Helps build communication skills big time" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It involves long hours of sales work even during bad weather conditions" (in 15 reviews)

• "I see a lot of people write that the weather can be a con at this job but that's only if you make it one" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Very Positive and Worthwhile"

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

Incredible employees and genuinely meaningful work, with worthwhile and reputable charities being helped by your efforts

Cons

One must possess patience, endurance and positivity which can be challenging on some days. Hours are long but you have a lot of freedom to find the right donors as a result!

Aug 8, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for this review and your endurance to make a difference with us!

2. "Such amazing people!"

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

I just got hired onto Dialogue Direct in Philadelphia and I am having such a fun time! I feel like I am already part of the family and I have only been here 3 days. They make standing out in the sun all day so much fun! Everyone works hard together and really cares about you! You get commission on top of a great base pay. You meet amazing people and most importantly you help great charities!

Cons

Some people can be rude to you on the streets, but your team members help you shake it off and keep you going!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 10, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Welcome to the team and thank you for the awesome review! It is great to hear how much you're enjoying the Philadelphia campaign, from helping great charities to positively overcoming adversity in... More

3. "Fundraiser"

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a place to grow mentally, physically, and emotionally, this is the place for you.

Cons

Grit is the minimum requirement to work the job.

Aug 10, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

We appreciate the review and agree with you! The growth you mentioned is necessary if we want to make a positive change. Thank you for your work!

4. "Highly recommended career path"

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Phila, PA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What an amazing career opportunity. One can learn and grow every day. Perfect for a goal and career oriented person. Leadership is remarkable and the best I’ve ever experienced. Office life is very much like a family. Great opportunities to travel and make a very comfortable living.

Cons

Seeing as though the pay is competitive you have to learn the job first to make great money. Job is not for everyone though. You need to be hardworking, positive and focused.

Advice to Management

Management honestly knows what they are doing. Everyone from trainers to team leaders to the CEO to city coordinators are very approachable and helpful.

Aug 4, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you so much for the thoughtful and great review! We are glad that you feel like you can grow with us every day and that our leaders have been helpful. Providing opportunities and a supportive... More

"SF Office- Great place to hone communication skills for motivated action takers."

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent communication coaching from a passionate leadership team.

-Fantastic summer internship opportunity for those willing to expand their social comfort zone.

-Great pay for hard workers who can bring the charm, class and passion.

-SF City Coordinator creates a safe space for motivated team members of all walks of life.

-LGBTQ encouraged to apply.

Cons

-C-suite is out of touch with local office operations and culture.

Advice to Management

-Invest more into recruitment department as this is will unlock more canvassers walking through the door.

-Treat recruiters similarly to canvassers both in terms of coaching and competitive pay structure.

-Reorganize management structure to allow local city coordinators more scheduled weekly contact with the national recruitment manager.

Jul 19, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and review! We’re glad that you felt the San Francisco office is a welcoming and passionate environment. It is important to our team that we provide growth throughout the... More

"Amazing potential"

Current Employee - Canvasser in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Miami, FL

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This kind of work isn’t for everyone, but it’s overwhelmingly rewarding. You get to talk to amazing people all day. Coworkers are fantastic and the opportunity to grow is endless. The job has a lot of freedom and welcomes anyone that’s willing to learn.

Cons

the way that pay is split up is unnecessarily confusing. They work on a point system per donor and it’s just hard to understand. People can often be very rude so their is a lot of things you put up with as a canvasser. If you let even one comment get to you then it’s the death of you that whole day.

Advice to Management

In comparison to other street canvassing companies I have worked for this company is desperately lacking structure in the way we canvass. Coming up with your own rap and the way we talk to people directly affects donations. If there would be one clear concise message it would be more effective. Training could be a lot better as well; instead of just throwing people into the field it would be much more effective to baby step them into it.

Aug 8, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review and the feedback. We agree the work isn't for everyone, but as you said very rewarding in so many ways! It's important to us to provide consistent and structured... More

7. "Don't let your dreams be dreams. Just do itttttttttttt! Make the world a better place, one conversation at a time"

Current Employee - Site Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Site Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It doesn't even feel like work... with opportunities for growth, travel, and financial freedom, what's not to love?

Cons

Sometimes you run into grumpy people who just don't get it

Advice to Management

Target system is cool. I get it, most of us do, however I feel that some people might take a bit longer to get comfortable with the job than is allowed. Someone who is willing to put themselves out there and ask people to help charity is hard to come by. Don't let them go

Jul 24, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your contribution and review! We're glad that it doesn't feel like "work" or a job to you! Agreed that success happens when you love what you do every day. We understand that there is a... More

"THIS IS A FAMILY AND A CAREER NOT JUST A JOB."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming up on my 3 year Anniversary with Dialogue I felt it was important to reflect on my time here and finally write a review. Especially since I've been a leader here since my 3rd month on the job and I feel like I really understand the ins and outs of the company and the importance of the work we do.
    So here we go:
    1. Weekly Pay (Hourly AND Commission)
    2. After 90 days full health insurance benefits (vision , medical & dental)
    3. After 90 days PTO kicks in (20 days a year & 5 sick days)
    4. Skill share lessons every morning to get better at the job
    5. Super inspirational impact meetings as well to kick start every day on the right foot
    6. We play GAMES! Yes I said it! GAMES!
    7. LOTS of travel opportunities both national and international
    8. SO. MUCH. GROWTH. You are your only limit at this job otherwise there is no ceiling limiting you. It's not just a job it's a career, a lifestyle & a mindset. You will become a better PERSON just working here.
    9. You'll also meet some of the best people in the whole world at this job. I thought after I graduated from college I wouldn't be able to create the kind of close knit family relationships I made back then but I HAVE! Some of my best friends I've met at this job. We are a giant family here. You'll always feel like people have your back!
    10. And lastly, you are helping charities who need it and who's causes are really worth fighting from or!

Cons

You will need to build up a thick skin and not be afraid to ask for help. I see a lot of people write that the weather can be a con at this job but that's only if you make it one. I view extreme weather as a easy way to meet people who truly care and weed out the people who don't.

ADVICE: I can definitely say over my lengthy time here that one of my only regrets is not standing in the snow or rain but not asking for help MORE OFTEN and being less defensive when I'm receiving feedback. You are your own worst enemy at this job. If you live in your head your dead. Make sure you are OPEN to feedback and that you ask for help when you are stuck. Too much pride can be a downfall in this line of work. Just walk in our doors with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic and rely on our systems and structures to help you and the OPPORTUNITIES ARE ENDLESS!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what y'all are doing! Especially to my City Coordinator - I wouldn't still be here or be as successful as I am today if it wasn't for you believing in me! Thank you!

Jul 19, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for the thoughtful review and for your 3 years of impact with us! Congratulations on the positive influence and growth you have had. It is our goal to provide this type of professional and... More

9. "Experience at DialogueDirect"

Current Employee - Entry Level Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid hourly and commission , hours are get , and boss is great.

Cons

Pretty far from where i reside

Advice to Management

None the management is great .

Jul 24, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for the review and your work in San Francisco!

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is great, this is the first job I've had where coworkers feel like family. The job can be challenging but the work environment is very supportive. There is definetly money to be made here just have a good work ethic, student mentality and attitude.

Cons

There are days when you doubt yourself and the public. Some people don't like adverse weather conditions.

Jul 24, 2018 – Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your review and glad to hear that the Boston team has become a family to you. We appreciate your 3+ years on our team!