DialogueDirect Reviews

3.4
DialogueDirect CEO  Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland
Pros
Cons
  • "Hours are long but you have a lot of freedom to find the right donors as a result(in 23 reviews)

• "But the first day in the company, I was been told this job was actually a canvassing job(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Company That Cares for People That Care"

Current Employee - Site Representative

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company cares about the well-being of its employees. You get health benefits after 90 days, travel opportunities, and lots of performance-based incentives.

Cons

The job can be physically and emotionally draining, because you spend all day talking to strangers, and you're outdoors every day, rain or shine. That being said, management understands this aspect of the job, and provides a lot of support to help employees manage these situations.

September 12, 2019Social Media Strategist

We LOVE our team members! Thank you for your feedback. DD is constantly looking for ways to improve, so your advice is highly appreciated.

2. "Great way to build confidence!"

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere and a way to build your confidence by approaching random folks of a worthwhile cause to support. Make good money, and travel the country are great benefits.Career is all of what you make of it with the company.

Cons

Everyone has a unique experience. The job is designed for you to look at life through the lenses of working hard, having fun, while supporting a worthy cause.

February 7, 2020Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your review and your impact on the team! We 're glad that you built a part of your career supporting worthy causes and building confidence. We wish you the best!

3. "You need to have thick skin, and be able to do the same task for 8 hours"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Boston, MA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn how to communicate persuasively to a variety of people, and feel reward with the fact that your effort helps someone in need.

Cons

If you're whole team isn't motivated and falls behind on donor targets, it can be challenging to remain positive and keep-pushing, when everyone around you doesn't.

4. "Lol"

1.0

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

Being outside all day was nice

Cons

Stay away Bad leadership not helpful

5. "Not bad, not the best"

Current Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

great energy, opportunity to grow if you put in the effort.

Cons

If you aren't headstrong, this job isn't for you. A lot of standing, walking, and energy in order to get more donors (more commission)

6. "Great causes and great people"

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting to work on behalf of charities actually making an impact was amazing. You also get to build close relationships with like minded people that last even after you leave.

Cons

Lack of growth was the main reason for leaving. After you reach Team Leader moving into a higher position feels extremely difficult. Your progress can feel like it’s crumbling by having one person on your team leave.

7. "Good guys to work with"

2.0
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Management, Perks and opportunity to grow.

Cons

The nature of the jobs isn't that great.

8. "Do good work"

Former Employee - Rep

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Making an actual positive impact with your time

Cons

Not for everyone, can frustrating and its very easy to get cut

February 7, 2020Operations Coordinator

Thanks for your review! Making a positive impact is rewarding and at the same time can be challenging, so we agree it's not a fit for everyone. But we believe it is worthwhile as our goal is to bring real, lasting change for our charity partners. Thank you again and best of luck in your career!

9. "Everything good comes with a challenge"

Former Employee - Field Fundraiser in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing teams that are incredibly positive, everyone works to make sure that your needs are met and that you're able to be successful! -The amount of stories you hear and people you meet from all different walks of life is absolutely incredible and one of the best parts of the job! -When you're able to inspire someone to make an impact its an amazing feeling, and getting to share that moment with someone, knowing that a child now has access to education and health care is unlike any other! -Pay is really nice! Like any other job, there are goals. The sense of growth you get while working to meet or exceed your goals is rewarding! -The amount you learn about communication, marketing and leadership skills while working on behalf of these charities is great and everything is very transferable.

Cons

-People on the street aren't always as kind as you hope, but there are always other people who can turn your whole day around. -The skill set can be tough to master, it definitely takes a lot of practice and patience to get good at. -Definitely challenges what you perception of having a good work ethic is. Like anything rewarding, you really need to work hard to be successful.

October 19, 2019Social Media Strategist

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are incredibly happy to hear that your time with us was worth while. We live to inspire and love to make a difference. Thank you for having been part of our mission. Your feedback is appreciated!

10. "Hard work but 100% worth it"

4.0
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive work environment, good pay, and it teaches skills you can't learn anywhere else.

Cons

Can be emotionally straining and frusterating, long hours on your feet.

September 27, 2019Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your review. Our team is passionate about providing a great work environment and learning experience for all our team members. We're glad your time with us was worth while!

Found 235 reviews