KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 252 of over 311 reviews

3.6
DialogueDirect CEO  Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland
Pros
  • "The job can be challenging but the work environment is very supportive(in 17 reviews)

• "You can grow your communication skills(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't see much downside besides the stigma associated with canvassing(in 24 reviews)

• "Hours are long but you have a lot of freedom to find the right donors as a result(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Community

Mar 10, 2021 - Fundraiser/Dialoguer
      Business Outlook

Pros

wonderful group of humans to be around. You get to be your true self, and embraced and appreciated for who you are! Work environment is always fun! making the world a better each and every day with a fun group of people is awesome!

Cons

not much of a con but just that a performance driven environment like this isn't for everyone. Do your research before you apply or join the team and decide for yourself if it's a good fit.

Director of Community

Thank you for your review! It's always great to hear that team members enjoy their colleagues and work environment. We're glad that you feel a sense of belonging and space to be your true self, we believe that's what helps each individual thrive! You're right that it's performance driven and may not be a fit for everyone, so we also encourage to do research and ask questions in the interview process to evaluate well. We appreciate the feedback on individual support! Reaching out for support is always welcome, so we also began the bi-weekly national skill shares, Director one-on-ones, and recently launched mentorship program to help further the support of each team member's personal and professional goals. Your feedback on those resources is welcome as well, thank you for your impact and sharing your voice!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The place to be

Aug 17, 2020 - Social Media Strategist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities here are endless. As diverse as the roles are, the company always manages to stick by their values. They’ve made amazing strides since getting their B Corp certification. I've seen immense growth in Operations and HR since being hired in Summer 2019. Overall love working here! DialogueDirect cares! About people, about causes, about growth. It’s an exceptional place to be if you want to make change while still making a living. Management is constantly working on bettering themselves while looking out after their teams. Most managers and leaders have also worked in the field so they have a thorough understanding of fundraising and the challenges the job comes with.

Cons

I don't see much downside besides the stigma associated with canvassing. It's not as respected of a profession as it should be. Fundraisers work incredibly hard and endure crazy situations with weather, rude pedestrians, etc. These fundraisers are true heroes. They live by their values and truly lead by example with lifestyles that promote their causes. The culture is fun and inspiring, so no matter what people may think about the job, it's incredibly rewarding.

Director of Community

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide your perspective! Our values drive our decisions and we're glad that you've been able to see that at different roles and levels of DD. We are challenging the stigma and reminding people that change starts with a conversation or an idea shared between 2 people. We agree that the fundraisers work very hard and face daily challenges, yet are still dedicated to their cause and find success! DD appreciates your feedback and impact on our team, thank you.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ive never seen a company so immoral.

May 16, 2021 - Fundraiser in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great You get to help the misfortunate.

Cons

*They take %70! They get commission for donors you get. Cool, thats their business structure. But they pay you 20 dollars an hour, 800 a week and make 1800 off the donors you get. Make money its a business. But don't tell me you care about us and then rob us blind.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

another company ruined via mismanagment

Jun 8, 2021 - Fundraiser
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good, get out what you put in

Cons

Everything other than pay. Our office was shutdown because the company chose to not put the resources or time to effectively manage it. Awful company.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Top of the line slave ship

Jan 26, 2021 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money if you’re willing to hustle and go get it. Excellent training - you will be a better more effective communicator. You will learn how to talk people into doing anything. You will help big charitable organizations make the world better. If you have the right mindset it’s hands down one of the best slave ships to be on.

Cons

Difficult work life balance, constant rejection (so not for everybody), they will run you down like a race horse if you let them.

Director of Community

We appreciate the feedback for growth and improvement. We do not appreciate or condone the language and reference to an incomparable and historically traumatic experience. This platform is a place for communication and learning, it should not be used for an inappropriate reference that can harm people coming here to grow. That being said, yes, there is an opportunity for great training and impact here. Yes, there is rejection because what we do is ask people to help others in need. Yes, having work life balance can be a real challenge. Our team is very transparent about these challenges from the interview, to orientation, and to every morning meeting when we conduct training to help our team overcome them. Knowing this, we’ve implemented personal development tools, access to counseling, paid time off (holiday, personal, sick, volunteer), parental leave, and community engagement to better support our team. We’re clear that fundraising with DialogueDirect is a performance-based role because we are meeting the goals of worthy causes. It’s the function of the role that we choose, not because it is easy, but because it is important.

6. 1.0

beware

May 6, 2021 - Fundraiser in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy application to fill out. fast and concise

Cons

bad work conditions, very misleading for an entry level career

Director of Community

Feel free to reach out to ddmedia@dialoguedirect.com to provide further insight into your experience. It's important to our team to understand clear feedback as communication is key to our values. For clarification, our team works outdoors, begins at the entry-level fundraiser role with communicated promotion standards, has a competitive pay structure, and covers up to 100% healthcare premiums alongside multiple employee assistance benefits.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It is a hard job, but they do their very best to make it fun

Nov 11, 2020 - FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management tries hard to make every day fun. Pre-COVID, we started in the office every day, did trainings, played games, etc. to get everyone energized for the day. The biggest pro of this job for me personally was those trainings in the morning. I learned so much that they certainly helped me secure a sales role as my next job. Also, they set up lots of team events (happy hours, dinners, etc.) to foster camaraderie and positive morale.

Cons

It is just a very difficult job, high turnover as a result

Director of Community

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience! We're happy to hear how beneficial training and the team environment were for you. As you said, we understand how challenging the role can be so our goal is to create a space and experience that equips team members with confidence, skill, and passion for their development. Thank you for your great work and we wish you the best!

8. 4.0

Great place to work!

Jan 29, 2021 - Fundraiser in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work and travel

Cons

Would enjoy more benefit options

Director of Community

Thank you for your review! We agree that we have a great opportunities to work and travel. DialogueDirect provides an extensive health and wellness benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, mental health resources, 401K, paid time off, volunteer time off, gym reimbursement, transit benefit, and personal development tools. We cover up to 100% of health insurance premiums for our full time team members currently. We're open to ideas of new ways to support our team!

9. 2.0

Benefits Specialist

Mar 3, 2021 - Benefits Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work enviornment? That depends...

Cons

Disorganized management. Not very bright people working there.

Director of Community

There is not and has not been a "Benefits Specialist" role at DialogueDirect. If you believe there's a misunderstanding in reviewing the accurate organization feel free to contact us at ddmedia@dialoguedirect.com

10. 1.0

Not great Bob

Feb 23, 2021 - SIT Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You make great friends and fun office

Cons

Honestly, literally every thing else

Viewing 1 - 10 of 252 Reviews