Digineer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Digineer President & CEO Michael Lacey
Michael Lacey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at Digineer (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the people, the people! Extremely talented consultants who are superior to consultants at other consulting firms.

Cons

Would really like some new logos to add to the mix.

Advice to Management

Absolutely LOVE the new President and the direction he is leading the company! It's great to get his fresh perspective!

"Horrible leadership, good employees"

Former Employee - Consultant in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Digineer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They truly higher good candidates and have a good interview process. The company culture is trying to get back to where it was years ago.

Cons

Corporate tends to give the impression they are better than the billable folks. Never mind we are justifying their existence by actually bringing in the revenue.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat and don't forget you are really a staff augmentation company.

"Need to figure out how to sustain growth."

Current Employee - Consultant in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is very positive and fun. People are genuine and caring. HR department is doing a good job considering the challenges.

Cons

The sales approach and sales team itself is woefully ill equipped to grow the company. They are essentially desperately shooting in the dark....

Advice to Management

Devise a focused and disciplined sales strategy and execute it!

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carteret, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carteret, NJ

I worked at Digineer (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Intentions, great consultants. Solid employees that want to make an impact on the organization and the clients

Cons

Once Digineer decides what they are vs what they aren't and adjusts to the market, they can get back to profitable growth

Advice to Management

Pivot towards your strength

"You Own Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are going to sit and wait for someone to hold your hand or bend over backwards to every wish you have then Digineer is not the place to be. Digineer is not the top paying employeer in the marketplace but that's not what it's all about. If you want to invest in yourself their are plenty of opportunities at Digineer to own something outside of your client commitments.

Digineer trust it's employees implicitly.

Clients that Digineer has are very grateful for Digineer and are not afraid to recognize you for your contributions.

Cons

- Client list could be a little deeper, new client acquisition has been tough.
     - At times hiring managers have lowered their standards just meet a client need which just creates other problems long-term
     - Digineer is trying to make the transition from a small to medium sized company and it has been a struggle

Advice to Management

Get some more middle level management from outside the organization. Just because some one is a good consultant doesn't necessarily make them a good leader.

"It's What YOU Make It!!!"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here is my little list of Pros:

1. The assistance is ALWAYS there.
    2. Constantly Learning
    3. The culture is one of a kind - Nothing I have ever experience
    4. Flexibility between Work and home ( I am a mom - multiple hats)
    5. Ohana Events (employees and family day)
    6. Growth within Digineer - Help developer your career path
    7. Excellent Team members

Cons

No company is perfect. So, the "CONS" would be whatever YOU feel doesn't work for you. We all can list complaints about our issues in our current roles (I honestly do not have any). However, what may be bad for you may work for me, and, what may be bad for me may work for you. It's truly WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focus on growing Digineer. This is truly a wonderful company that can expand and grow in the near future.

"No reason to leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You own your career at Digineer. By taking the initiative to step up and lead on internal projects/engagements and been awarded with further opportunities to grow and have amazing engagements with our clients
    - Talented People
    - Variety of engagments
    - Strong Delivery Teams

Cons

- Small company challenges, yet they are overcome able
    - Latch on to tenured employees who are stagnate in there desire to grow
    - Opportunity for improvement in Account Management

Advice to Management

Leverage experience of consultants, partners, and clients. Look for some more outside talent to lead the organization to the next level.

8. "Digineer East - The energy is tangible!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

Pros

The Digineer east coast branch is growing very quickly and is full of exciting opportunities. The perks of being close to Manhattan and the shore make it very desirable. The sharp and nimble east coast team are a pleasure to work with. Everyone here works hard, plays hard. The management is world class. The benefits & compensation are comparable to competitors.

Cons

Not many cons other than the typical entering a new market challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your east coast team and region with 'A' players. There so much opportunity for growth and experience. The corporate team should take the time to visit and experience more of the east coast.

"Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Project Management in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Project Management in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Digineer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some really great and dedicated people.

Cons

Accepting a position with Digineer was the worst career choice I have made. Turnover is alarmingly high! Hard to find any employees that have worked there for more than 1 year.

There is a huge disconnect from "what they say they are" to "what they are"

Only have a small client list which leads to high turnover and many people being on the bench.

Often given conflicting input and advice from management. I was told to "stay late and take on at many projects as possible" the next day I was told to make sure to "focus on the responsibilities you have and do not bill over 40 hours per week"

Work life balance is preached by leadership but is horrible within clients. Our project team worked over 8 hour days every weekend over the summer. We were often told to be "on call" and asked to give an hourly break down of our weekend on Fridays, we were told that the expectation was if we were called over the weekend we would be available to work within 30 minutes. One team member was asked to check his phone every time he turned his riding lawn mower in case he was needed. This was not just this project, many consultants were working 80 hours + per week and compensated at 40 hours.

Bottom line is I would not recommend Digineer to anyone. Very negative experience.

Advice to Management

Need a huge change in culture and environment. Digineer has a very negative reputation and it will continue until there is a conscious change in culture. Not more parties or events, real change.

Find a way to get in with the large companies so turnover can be reduced.

Digineer Response

Jun 11, 2014 – VP Human Resources

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the positive experience that most people have had by choosing Digineer for their career. It sounds like you received mixed messages and for that, I... More

"Unprofessional workplace"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consultants are very talented and professional! Events are held to meet other co-workers outside of the day to day.

Cons

Management staff is inexperienced and very unprofessional. It is a very immature work environment. Requirements to attend meetings that are unproductive and are really about drinking and poor entertainment. Great way to start a bad habit or worse. It is a very clicky environment to say the very least. The client base is also limiting. Only one major client. Turnover is high!

Advice to Management

Hire professional management. Listen to your employees. Work on retaining great employees with talent. Practice what you preach. It is not aligned.

Digineer Response

Apr 22, 2014 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Digineer and how we could improve our company. I would be very interested in talking through your concerns and opinions. Could we please... More