Digital Waybill Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Dynamic environment with lots of opportunities"

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to work on interesting software in a variety of environments (Systems, iOS, Android, Web) which is good for exposure. The environment is collaborative while still letting you focus which, at least for me, is great. (Being 'in the zone' and pulled out sucks.)

It's an Agile/SCRUM environment so be prepared for quick stand-up meetings and updates. This is helpful for maintaining priorities and clarity.

You also have pretty direct access to implementing cool tools that immediately impact end-users. It's product-focused, with an engineering / development bent, which is nice.

I also have to say the Tier I support is great. Other places I've worked, half my time was dealing with issues that could have / should have been resolved way before they reached my desk. The vast majority of tickets that made it to me were actual problems or features to be fixed or implemented, which is nice as a developer.

Cons

None, really. If you're able to communicate and work hard, you'll like the place.

Advice to Management

Could be clearer with individuals about where they're doing well and what to work on to improve. Gonna miss working with this team.

Feb 5, 2015 – Owner

We love to hear when our employees enjoy working with us! We have a great team here, and will continue to make improvements as we grow to benefit the hard-working people who make us the great... More

2. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Business Software Product offerings - far ahead of the competition
    Relaxed atmosphere and great people to work with
    A good base salary
    Good growth opportunity - I got 2 raises in two years
    It was great selling a product that people really like, and knowing that most of my customers were satisfied

Cons

The software can take a couple of weeks to learn so you won't be making a lot of sales the couple of months.

Advice to Management

I think things were heading in the right direction - I don't have too much to add.

3. "Working as an Account Executive"

Current Employee - Sales - Account Executive in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales - Account Executive in Culver City, CA

Pros

So if you want to know what it's like to work here, I would say the best way to describe it is as a very team driven atmosphere with insane growth potential.

We launched a new product and I find it very broad and powerful but at the same time - an easy sell. However, If you are someone that wants to work in a row of cubicles with someone watching over you, or if you feel like you need to be pushed then you should go somewhere else because that not how we . do things (and that was fine for me to be honest).

I would recommend this position to a friend but not any one of my lazy friends that's for sure

Cons

You need to be self motivated. Nobody is going to make you make that next call.

Advice to Management

We could use more support reps.

4. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They use all the latest technology
    -Learn a lot of different programming languages
    -Fun, laid-back environment
    -Good company culture

Cons

-Occasional overtime, but not too often

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Feb 5, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We work hard to make this a challenging and rewarding place to work, and really appreciate the positive and constructive feedback.

"Growing, and headed in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Digital Waybill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are that your scope of your responsibilities and roles and your influence on the company are limitless. Those who are self-managers, take initiative, who engage in positive communication, and who aren't afraid to speak up and get involved can make a huge impact on the company, and on their own position in the company. The owners are VERY open to suggestions, and in learning what their employees feel will benefit the company, the customers, and the culture.

Cons

As with all small companies, one challenge is learning to multitask and wear multiple hats without feeling overwhelmed or falling behind. One thing I've learned to do is to be honest with myself and my employers when it comes to how much I'm handling and learning when to say "I need help." It's easy to get caught up in managing your tasks without turning to higher resources for assistance when needed.

Advice to Management

Continuing to communicate regularly with employees and keeping employees "in the loop" of things happening within the company go a long way to make employees feel important, creates a team environment, and facilitates feelings of loyalty and company pride. Isolation and lack of communication between employees/employers or between departments on the other hand can breed mistrust, cynicism, and false assumptions. I feel things are heading in the right direction as far as this goes, and hope we keep it up!

"Great place to learn and have an impact right away."

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexible management, generous vacation time. As a developer you'll have many opportunities to affect the direction of the software and have a large impact on the company.

Cons

Sometimes you'll have a lot on your plate but you're going to get the same at any job worth the time.

"Very strange environment"

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Freedom to work your way, if you know as much or more than management about something.
    - Attempts are made to follow Agile development processes.
    - A friendly atmosphere is shared by underlings.

Cons

- Management is high-strung and has a tendency to just micromanage when they really want to do something themselves.
    - Deadlines can be unrealistic.
    - They watch you through cameras when they are out of the office? I still don't understand that.
    - There is an invisible wall between employees and management due to unnecessary secrecy.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees.

Feb 5, 2015 – Owner

We appreciate your honest feedback. We have implemented many new ways to improve communication within the office - including an anonymous employee feedback system, a monthly newsletter, and an... More

"Working at Digital Waybill"

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation benefits and insurance benefits included, occasional company outings, quiet place to work. Close working relationship for support and the developers. Owners take the time and are interested in your feedback.

Cons

Very little downtime, you will always have lots of work to do. This is not necessarily a bad thing though.

"Laid back environment but must be a morning person"

I have been working at Digital Waybill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is pretty relaxed and the company is small so employees get hands on experience with things they may not get the chance to do at a larger company. Management is relatively nice and encouraging. The hours are more than reasonable.

Cons

Be prepared to work early. There is a bit of micro-managing.

"Tech Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at Digital Waybill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there seems nice and approachable.
    Plenty of vacation and benefits.
    On the engineering side of things, plenty of variety and challenge.

Cons

Micromanagement
    Weird hours and staying late seems common
    They fired me after two weeks. To be fair, I probably deserved it. I was overwhelmed and stressed out and this translated to me being grouchy and very bad at my job.
    But after relocating for the job to be fired after two weeks without warning was very disappointing and nuked my life for a little bit.
    Pretty sure they bad mouthed me to at least one prospective employer who contacted them.

Feb 5, 2015 – Owner

Many of our customers are located on the East Coast as well as in Europe and Africa, which means some of our customer support shifts do start early. This is something we disclose before offering a... More