Diosynth RTP Reviews | Glassdoor

Jacques van Kimmenaede
  1. "QA"

Former Employee - QA Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Diosynth RTP for less than a year

Pros

Great co workers, really work as a team, but allowed to fly solo when needed

Cons

six sigma overload, even when it doesn't make sense.

Diosynth RTP2017-01-25
  2. "An ok place to start your career as a chemist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

Excellent lab supervisors and senior associates. Coworkers are great

Cons

Lab manager was very demanding. Production always pushing lab to pass samples

Diosynth RTP2011-07-27
  3. "It used to be a good job."

Former Employee - Senior Associate Biologist in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

Interesting work involving Microbiology and Biotechnology. As a contract lab you work with different client samples and testing for sterility. It is a smaller facility so you really get to know everyone that you work with. There is always something new to learn or work on new projects. I worked with some really good people at one point in time. Not sure how many of those people are still around after layoffs.

Cons

Due to the contract nature of the testing, the work comes and goes with the economy and the number of clients that the company is working with. There are times when there is really not a lot of work for everyone to go around. The company has been bought and sold numerous times and it's current owner is Merck. Merck has another facility closeby so there is constant chatter about closing the plant down and layoffs. ...

Advice to Management

Most people in the lab are college educated people, treat them as such.

Diosynth RTP2011-02-09
  4. "Student Contractor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

The atmosphere is very laid back, the engineers are very on top of their game. Of the people I've met there, they are all very friendly and also focused and driven.

Cons

It is a smaller company and there is most likely not much room for career advancement for technical people. The paperwork to have access to do anything seems redundant at times.

Advice to Management

I think the company is being run by very competent people as far as I can tell. Keep it a meritocracy and get the capable people to the top.

Diosynth RTP2009-11-02