Ditech Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenneth D. (Ken) Naumann

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

Always room to.move up the ladders and do better things with your career.

Cons

Leads could could come slow at times. You have to be assertive would leads come

2. "Don't plan on staying forever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Ditech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company outings, bagels on Monday and Friday's

Cons

If you don't brown nose everyone you won't get far

3. "Customer Service Program"

Pros

The people at the center are great personable welcoming people and they are very open with details of the work environment.

Cons

I did not appreciate being told that the start date would be delayed due to issues with new employees and I will be contacted with confirmation of new start date by Friday. No call or email received then after contacting the recruiter to be told I should have been there today and she expected that Since she didn't call I would know to come. This is very unprofessional being that I am relocating to the area and to be given the run around is ridiculous.

5. "Relationship manager -SPOC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ditech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay rate, PTO accrual, and benefits are good.

Cons

The environment of the workplace is very racially segregated and uncomfortable at times. Management is always coming up with a new solution to production issues that start at the bottom up, but do not seem to address the root causes of poor performance. Communication between departments is so deplorable that they have to institute policies that place a timeframe for responses...which still was ineffective. Certain departments literally do not respond to emails even if escalated by the supervisor. They really are a poor performing company with too few good employees and poor management. This was the worst job I have ever had and would not recommend anyone work there.

"Loved my team members"

Former Employee - Collections in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Collections in Rapid City, SD

I worked at Ditech (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits good bonus amounts

Cons

Managers are stuck in the reality that they have to tell us to hit the our numbers when more times than not its out our control. Moral compass is often used. Want to get paid? Or be human and let it go...culture in the company is toxic

Advice to Management

Realize we are there doing our best and its not the end of the world if we dont get to bonus.

7. "In flux"

Pros

The people are amazing to work with. Many friends.

Cons

Can't make lasting decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop changing out executive management.

"No Accountability"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ditech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to boost your job title on your resume for future career opportunities elsewhere. The office is very relaxed; jeans, filter-less language, very laxed schedule for salaried employees.

Cons

Executive team changes quarterly, which is unsettling for any employee. So much time and resources are spent trying to "re-invent" the company, however basic legal and compliance related issues are queued up and not immediately addressed. Issues brought to mid and upper management are typically bounced to a different department (almost indefinitely), and known compliance red flags are rarely taken seriously or addressed. Despite the new core value, "#OWNIT", very few take this idea seriously. I cannot foresee a profitable future for Ditech. Anyone can go online and read horror stories of this company, however the company website rates itself as 4.9 stars. Absolutely ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Spend more resources on the base of the company to focus on both loan servicing softwares rather than establishing a new set of values every few years. Pick an executive team and keep it. It's actually a joke amongst the office when we get our quarterly "new CEO" email. It's sad to say that most employees I work with have said they'd immediate refinance if their mortgage was sold to Ditech.

9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Set-Up Tech in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Set-Up Tech in Columbus, IN

I worked at Ditech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is good about trying to solve problems

Cons

They need to pay there employees better

Advice to Management

Get tour hands dirty

10. "Director of Operations"

Pros

Great pay and great commissions potential for all.

Cons

Corporate office is not always honest with employees.

Advice to Management

Company needs to get a CEO that stays. Company is changing so much and they are failing as of today. Stock prices have dropped dramatically for Walter Investment.

"This place is really Whack-a-doodle!"

Former Employee - Developer in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Developer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ditech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really can't say there were any pro's to working here because the pro's were outweighed by the cons. But if I had to give you one, it would be the cheap pop.

Cons

There were so many cons that working here proved very difficult.

1. No training - you were just dropped into the deep end. If you sink, you are talked about and then gone.

2. No documented standards - they assume you know them. If you do not its a ding.

3. Runs on the buddy system. If you aren't liked by the in crowd you will barely get a average review.

4. Middle management is unethical at best. They change the rules just to satisfy their goals. They implement rules that are like, what!?

5. If you are on PTO and you have a project in QA they may change your code without telling you. Then once you are back you will have to document, Unit test and code review.

6. You are thrown to the wolves if a bug is found in production. Matter of fact, if you have too many bugs in QA your dinged. (Not documented)

7. Business has no clue what they need and sign off on projects without UAT. When an issue is found like missing, oh by the way, requirements, see #6.

8. If you are in the in-crowd then everyone comes to meetings on time. If you are not, they may not show up at all.

9. No recognition of any kind. The business assumes the architect is the developer, you the secretary.

10. Code reviews can only be done by those in-crowd people. But then they may re-write your code after the fact. See#4, 5.

11. Forget a real review. If you aren't liked you will get a bad review even if only a couple issues are found. When asking for examples or what the expectation is, they have none and start to get agitated.

12. Work life is good but they like you best when your there all day. Ding.

13. Projects, good projects, are only given to the in-crowd. If your not in this group then expect maintenance regardless of your experience.

14. Layoffs, early retirement are common.

Advice to Management

It's time to move on. When you start down the unethical path you have lost all respect from your piers. Upper management is useless.