Doss Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Driver manager"

I worked at Doss full-time

Pros

Great accounting dept, willingness to order whatever supplies/resources needed.

Cons

Unbelievably unorganized. No clue how to run a company. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Let the people you hire handle their job you hired them for.

2. "unless you have zero options left, do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Doss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the only pro i have is that they do pay overtime. Some of the people i worked with were normal and did enjoy what they did.

Cons

They do not let you give any input. Tried to warn them about people they hired in very important positions, was ignored and was told to shut up. Turned out I was right and they had people practicing illegally. Never have i seen a place care so much about making money they would put the dollar sign above ethics and safety. I don't know how they made it 30 years, but i would rather perform my own home dental work than risk exposing myself here.
    on top of all of this there is an insane amount of drama within the family and throughout all the offices. they constantly move managers around, assistants, and anyone else for obvious reasons and because of high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Remember everyone you work with is also a human like you, and we have families and morals we live up to everyday. take concerns staff notices seriously, and yes although this is a business, there are humans coming to this place with trust that you are doing whats right for their bodies, not whats good for your wallet.

3. "Rich Doss is a company built on "old school" customer value, tradition and employee respect turned into crap"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Fresno, CA

Pros

The company does have full medical coverage for employee only.

Cons

The children and extended family of first owners have done a very poor job at keeping the level of employee and customer satisfaction up. It's all about the "mighty buck" that reaches their pocket, not about keeping a good company running strong. It is unlikely that I would be proud of my own children if I had built a company up and they in turn misrepresented it. Shame on Rich Doss's kids for being so selfish.

Advice to Management

Be a team player. Don't just sit at your desk and send a driver who's an hour away to do a local pick up you could have done yourself. It doesn't do the employee driver, the customer or company any good to have such lazy and selfish managers. P.S. give your senior drivers a freaken raise. They deserve it just for working under such undercompensated conditions for so long. $14.00 is a joke compared to the 50K drivers can make