Dynamic Aviation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A/P mechanic"

Current Employee - Mechanic in Bridgewater, VA
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Bridgewater, VA

I have been working at Dynamic Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay and treats me fairly.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

none

2. "Watch out"

I worked at Dynamic Aviation full-time

Pros

The people you work with. The fun work environment. The schedule home every night

Cons

The pay 11.50$ for first officer, 25$ an hour for captain at medfly. Upper management doesn't care. You'll work 6 days a week from 7am to 4 am and you're considered part time. Had to talk directly to HR to get benefits instead of talking to management.

Advice to Management

This isn't a pilot shortage, it's a pay shortage. Give your employees appropriate salaries and benefits and you could retain people.

3. "I did not like working for Dynamic Aviation"

Former Employee - Logistics in Bridgewater, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Bridgewater, VA

I worked at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros to working for this company other than some great people work there but their knowledge and experience deserves more!!

Cons

No raises in 5 years, no adequate break areas. Cannot afford benefits. Lack of respect for the employees that are more than experienced to work there!!

Advice to Management

Make employees more than an asset to your bank account.

"High Turnover for a Reason"

Former Employee - Avionics Technician in Bridgewater, VA

I worked at Dynamic Aviation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is slightly better to work at Dynamic Aviation than it is to be unemployed.
    It is easy to commiserate with other employees.
    Payroll is fairly dependable.
    Uniform allowance covers the purchase of approximately 2 shirts and 2 trousers.
    Vast parking area.

Cons

Inefficient processes.
    Archaic maintenance tracking systems.
    Inconsistent implementation/enforcement of company policy.
    Higher than advertised cost of living.
    Impenetrable "good ol' boy" network.

Advice to Management

Change focus from protecting your own positions to developing in-house talent and fostering growth. If employees can succeed, they will be more likely to stay, and you'll see return on the investment you've made in your personnel.

"Poorly Run Establishment"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Bridgewater, VA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Bridgewater, VA

I worked at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were great people and always willing to help.

Cons

Pay is considerably less than average for all positions, and don't expect a raise. The owner treats the company as a play toy and uses company resources for personal projects.

"Not the best company to work for."

Former Employee - Avionics Technician in Bridgewater, VA

I worked at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get aircraft experience locally that you can't get anywhere else in the valley.
    You have a chance to work on D.O.D. projects that will look good on your resume so you can go somewhere else.
    There are a wide variety of small and medium aircraft to work on.
    Pay is decent.

Cons

Management has gone off the deep end since the company started D.O.D. contracts in the mid 2000's. They do not care about their employees anymore like they used to, and haven't had a raise in 5yrs!
    I suffered deep emotional stress while I was there, and lost nights of sleep because of it. I was always in fear of losing my job because of some of the back-stabbing co-workers I worked with because I could never fully trust them.
    The owner, judges you the first time he meets you, and if you don't impress him first thing, it will be in your best interest to avoid further contact with this man. The CEO used to be a great guy, a bit loopy, but ok. Now he likes to surround himself with generals and military high ups, he has no time to talk to the workers and get to know them like he used to. Company picnics were cancelled and Christmas parties were a joke.
    My in-law got a job working in the records office and also suffered emotional stress. She said the records manager was not very nice, and hardly gave her anything to do. She finally quit.
    I was planning on retiring here, but if you are not in the "click" with upper management you won't stay long weather you get canned or quit.
    I do not recommend anyone to work at this place. It is poisonous to a person's soul.

Advice to Management

There is no help for you people because common sense and logic are non-existent in your company. The Government military has got their tentacles wrapped around you, and you have changed for the worst. God help you all!

7. "Loved it, but over time it will take your soul."

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Bridgewater, VA
    Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Bridgewater, VA

I have been working at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some amazing opportunities to travel if you are willing. I travel as a Field MX Rep and love it.
    While not good for the aircraft you can have the opportunity to do maintenance actions you've never done before should you wish to try.
    Beautiful base location!
    Deployed ISR positions will pay very well. 400-1k dollars a day depending on your role. (Mech/Pilot/ Logi and their respective management positions. (The deployed ISR positions also receive raises)
    I have enjoyed my work here! There are some chronic issues described below that just have caused my experience to bottom out.

Cons

Middle Management is typically required to be on call 24/7.
    Turnover rate is very high. Management is shuffled around frequently during the year for 'reorganization'. Personally i have had 4 changes in the management tree 2 levels above me in the last 6 months. This often leads to personnel being hired for jobs that do not suit them or their employees well.
    I have heard from management when hiring pilots that they view most of the Non-ISR roles as "entry-level" positions and do not offer a mind blowing wage. From most of the pilots i speak to and know well here, ive heard from 70 % or so that are actively looking for other employment. Their views are to build time here and move on.
    No raises in 5 years with no word on future pay increases. This is communicated during the Annual Performance reviews. "High marks and you are doing an amazing job- however there will be no pay increase this year." This is attributed to a lack of money. In the same time period the owner buys Eisenhower's Air Force One Constellation (+a spare Constellation for parts) and devoted many company resources into refurbishing and relocating it to Bridgewater. A new hanger is also built to house this aircraft. When asking about this to the VP during a meeting he gets visibily agitated to the questioner and deflects.
    Flying in to Bridgewater as an FO making 12 dollars an hour it is hard to miss the private lake that was built for the CEO's family to jet ski on just across the road and not be depressed.
    The health benefits are horrid. As a single worker with low medical needs this is a non-factor. You won't be paying in much at all. If you have a family you can be paying up to 300-600$ a month. Dynamic sent out a notice in the mail a few years back stating that employees had the option to use Medicare and it would provide better health benefits.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately at this point i do not think anything i say here will have a positive effect.

"Cheap-Small minded- Change resistant"

Former Employee - Manager in Bridgewater, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Bridgewater, VA

I worked at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small company, Easy to get hired because there pay and benefits are so low.

Cons

Too many to list, if you can find a job somewhere else, you should.

Advice to Management

Get organized.

"Avionics Technician"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Bridgewater, VA
    Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Bridgewater, VA

I have been working at Dynamic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can come work here and do things that you are no where near qualified to do. You can do whatever you want. No sheetmetal experience? Give this complex repair a try! No turbine experience? Go ahead and replace this FCU. Never been out of the states before? We'd love to send you to every corner of the earth on our dime!
    This is a great place to come get experience and build your resume! I happened to also fall in love with the area so now I have to choose between better job or stay in the area that I'd want to retire at.

Cons

This is a company that refuses to make any sense. Hard work and sacrifices are rarely rewarded. The small group of people who actually get things done and make things happen are often ignored. Laziness and/or incompetence are rarely corrected. Mistakes are often rewarded. The pay scale is all over the place. Communication does not travel up or down in the hierarchy. The management structure is very top heavy. All of these things are held in place by an HR department that is more concerned with protecting the company than helping anyone in need. Any time anyone at the company tries to do something that would make sense, they are immediately met with miles of red tape.

Advice to Management

If you're trying to show your employees that you care even though the company has no money, do something nice on your own dime. The company picknick that has been cancelled can be a personal thank you from senior management instead of a vague and awkward "thank you" from low ranking HR employees. Stop the constant movement towards your employees who have names becoming resources with ID numbers. Learn someone's name and face if they've worked for you for 5+ years. People only stay because they like the "family business" culture. Try as hard to keep that intact or you'll lose the few remaining experienced employees you have.

"Why anyone would stay at this company is beyond me"

Former Employee - Captain in North Mianus, CT
    Former Employee - Captain in North Mianus, CT

I worked at Dynamic Aviation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than getting to fly a turbine airplane, there are none.

Cons

They say they have good company morals and values, but its a sham. All they care about is making money, not the employees happiness or satisfaction. For the entire time I was there, not one person told me I did a good job. NOT ONE! How hard is it to recognize your employees for doing managements dirty work? Also, the fact that they hire people who cant even perform their job functions, and keep them there because they're "too nice to let them go". Total joke. The sad part is they hire pilots who, if they were to be in the plane by themselves and not with a babysitter, they would break multiple FARs and to be honest I don't have any faith that they could land the plane without someone holding their hand. And government agencies hire this company!

Advice to Management

Figure it out man!