Dynamic Owl Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Carriere, Michal Pisarek,Shereen Qumsieh and Denise Ching
1 Rating

1. "Great culture, best of breed product and rapid growth"

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Owl truly does an amazing job of hiring the right people. For being a small start-up they have been able to achieve what companies of much larger magnitude have not even come close to. The company offers competitive salaries, stipends for continued learning and good health benefits. The work environment is very pleasant to work in. The fridge is always stocked with food, good coffee is endless and fun events are on the regular.

Cons

Possibly not a con but we are growing so fast that we need more people keep up with demand for Bonzai.

Advice to Management

The founders of the company are naturally very attached to the product, and company. It would be in their benefit bring a COO on board.

"Great culture with a winning product..."

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the product, and the vision.

Cons

Hard to think of any, but if you are looking to join the team, be prepared to work more than 40 hours per week. Not really a "con" - hard work pays off.

Advice to Management

Keep making great things happen and remember to breathe! You have created something special - be proud.

"Fast Growing Company Full of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You take ownership to projects assigned to you.
    Close knit Development Team, each individual is highly skilled in what they do.
    Tech stack is always being updated to whatever is trending.
    Amazing work environment, office is beautiful.

Cons

Very fast paced work environment, and deadline driven.
    If you can't keep up, this is not the place for you.
    Especially with how fast the company is growing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Great place to gain experience and share knowledge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

I've been working in this company for more than a year now and it has been a wonderful experience so far. The founders have so much knowledge to share with us and the company may look small but every person that works here are real experts and challenging in what they do and it's growing very fast! The workplace is very relax and fun, everyone is super friendly and we enjoy going for drinks or playing Rockband once in a while.

The founders are very supportive and accessible.

Cons

There is so much work to do here! but honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing... and less if the boss takes us to dinner after a week of hard work! :)

6. "I love coming to work every day!"

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first job I've had where I look forward to coming to work and seeing my co-workers. Everyone in the office is an inspiration and I learn something new every day! We have a "learning" culture that let's us grow and learn from past successes and opportunities for improvement. Every one works very hard, looks out for one another and our clients definitely notice. Team work and collaboration is very important and encouraged here so the end result for every one of our project deliverables is quality.

Cons

None I can think of for now! We have quick access to great coffee so that can get dangerous...

Advice to Management

Go home at a reasonable hour!

7. "Passionate people doing great things"

Current Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Owl really loves what it does, its clients and also looks after its staff. Unlike some other consulting companies they really try to do amazing work every single time in an atmosphere of fun and inspiration. The people are really smart and we get to work with really challenging technology

Cons

SharePoint can be challenging to work with and the founders all work like crazy which can be a bit intimidating. But honestly there are no cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Don't be scared of growth because everyone has a feeling that the company has a really bright future.

8. "Dynamic people who are great motivators!"

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently been brought on at Dynamic Owl and all I can say is WOW! The founders have done a great job of creating a fun, goal orientated, dynamic atmosphere. This company knows how to take care of their employees with a strong focus on career development. It is very exciting to take on new projects while working with such versatile software. Every day is a new challenge, but the founders and CEO are there to help you every step of the way. Oh and on Friday's we have ‘Lunch and Learns' where employees get a chance to showcase what they have worked on while dining on delicious food, provided by Dynamic Owl.

Cons

None! As long as the coffee and tea don't run out everyone is happy.

9. "Inspired, motivated and challenged ..."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

This is a great place to work both on a professional and personal level. The founders are extremely knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and are open and willing to share that knowledge. It is a highly collaborative team atmosphere, with everyone sharing a common purpose, which is reflected in the quality of work produced. We take on interesting and challenging projects, which gets me excited to go to work morning.

Oh and it is super fun!

Cons

Dont have a single thing to say ... Oh except I need to work out more now because the founders are big foodies and im always trying new things.

10. "A great experience and a great team"

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time

Pros

Great company culture, everyone who works here has a great attitude and work ethic. I find that everyone here works together really well and the founders genuinely care about all the staff. It is a smaller company at the moment (10-25 people range) and everyone who works here really is a leader in their field.

The projects that we take on are projects we know we can deliver excellent results for meaning there is a lot less stress and we don't take on projects we don't have experience with. (unlike a lot of other companies i have worked for). Having said that the projects certainly are not boring.

Cons

I don't have anything to really say as a con for working here.

11. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - SharePoint Development Lead in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - SharePoint Development Lead in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Dynamic Owl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by smart people who love what they do... A very fun environment to work in. Get a chance to work with cool projects using the latest technologies and best practices!!

Cons

The elevator in the building is scary.