EA Engineering, Science, and Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Ian D. MacFarlane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Solid Company, Areas to Improve"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Earleville, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Earleville, MD

I have been working at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong technical staff, decent work-life balance, support continued education and professional licensure/certification, competitive salary and benefits

Cons

Performance reviews need overhaul to help establish and track goals, communication between offices is limited, no bonus or incentive packages, programs are rolled out without any implementation fan causing them to fail

Advice to Management

Continue to take the pulse of the company to evaluate where improvements can be made, establish some bonus or incentive program for start employees

2. "Technician (I-IV)"

Pros

Deerfield Office: Relaxed Environment, work your 40 hrs (or usually more) whenever you want. Some people show at 7am others at 10am.

Can learn whatever you want on downtime, if it applies

Cons

No leadership
    No real growth
    A lot of downtime during winter
    Never know if you will have a job through the winter
    No help advancing
    People hoard work so they can keep their jobs...

Advice to Management

Spread knowledge and responsibilities around. Have meetings so people are on the same page.

3. "Engineer I"

Former Employee - Engineer I in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Engineer I in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology (More than a year)

Pros

I started my engineering career at EA at the Hunt Valley office. I really enjoyed the experience. The office has a very professional vibe to it and my coworkers taught me a lot while I worked there. I enjoyed my job and didn't take the job home with me. EA puts families first and were great with balancing life's commitments.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. I left because I moved.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Good by shady"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of very good, bright people.

Cons

Backdoor politics and lack of honest management

5. "Great community of employees"

Pros

Hires smart employees who are genuinely interested in the profession. Good work life balance. Interesting project work.

Cons

If you live in Baltimore, the commute isn't great.

6. "Woefully Behind the Times"

Former Employee - Engineer in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Engineer in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting exposure to different jobs, generally good technical people though limited in number and capacity.

Cons

There's a general attitude of self-reinforcement that makes the managing staff far too overconfident in the company's ability and they continually overestimate the core abilities of the firm. This self-reinforcement prevents the culture from shifting positively. There's no need to change your course if you're always self-affirming your excellence. Fake it until you make it seems to be the rule. Internal politics and P&L issues between groups make competing with the outside world second to competing with the internal "EA World" and put the company at firm disadvantage for new clients and new work. Taking time off is difficult, and there is little regard for family or personal needs. Loyalty is not rewarded; everyone is on edge and jobs feel far from safe. Management is tremendously risk adverse and therefore isn't on the cutting edge.

Advice to Management

management and corporate structure should be reorganized. Outside consultants and outside leaders should be imported to shake up the culture.

7. "Admin"

Pros

friendly people, interesting projects to work on

Cons

high pace of some work

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a small company it makes it easy to connect with employees across all the offices. Management really cares about you as an employee. A relaxed atmosphere while also keeping a good task management.

Cons

Depending on the projects work can slow way down.

"Lab Technician II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD

I worked at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The lab management was great to work with.

Cons

The company segregates the lab employees from the other employees of the company. The company really doesn't invest any time into their employees. There is no mentoring program to help you move up through the company. In fact, they actually do everything possible not to promote from within the company. The employee turnover rate is absolutely ridiculous. Every other week there is a new position open. I've been told you basically have to threaten to leave the company to get the pay raise you deserve. They pay you as little as possible and work you like a mule. The lab had some overtime opportunities but every position outside the lab they expect you to work overtime every week.

Advice to Management

Start promoting within!!! Invest in your employees!

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at EA Engineering, Science, and Technology (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People, Treated Well, Good Office, Not Overly Supervised, Care about Employees

Cons

Not a lot of occupational autonomy, too much bureaucracy, company systems not conducive to completing things efficiently. Not sure their is a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Streamline processes to facilitate expeditious completion of proposals. make procurement and invoice review easier. Trust that experienced senior manager and employees know how to mahe jobs profitable.