ESET Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Richard Marko

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, HR really cares, plenty of activities to feel included, decent benefits (in 8 reviews)

• They built an onsite gym with classes to keep us mentally and physically sound (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing currently comes to mind (in 4 reviews)

• Unfortunately the greatness of the benefits has been overrun by poor sales management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Tech Suport Agent (TSA)"

Former Employee - TSA in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - TSA in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits
    Young & fun
    Big family
    On-site Gym
    Company activates

Cons

Hard to grow outside of Customer services

"Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits, onsite gym, free drinks and fruit, downtown, beautiful location and free parking if this is your why you go to work, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Politics, lack of skill and common sense within the leadership team. Leadership has their favorites (golden employees) the only ones who grow, are not bullied and can work in a non stressful environment.

Advice to Management

Over the last year ESET has lost a lot of good, dedicated employees who were passionate about their jobs. Why? With amazing benefits, and a great environment to work, they didn't leave due to money then why are they leaving. Time to listen, take a deep dive and see just how dysfunctional the core of the business is - HR.

"Tough Leadership Needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Superb benefits, a Disneyland for the Millennials. Beautiful location, and paid parking. The benefits for the employees who actually do the work are non existent.

Cons

Lack of leadership, ownership and accountability. I continue to sit here and watch the best of the best leave due to politics. The level of experience from the leadership team is crippling the business. ESET is no longer the place where you love your job and the people you call your family. It is in a very sad state.

Advice to Management

Favoritism, bullying, taking advantage of the hard dedicated workers needs to be addressed. Take a good look at your leadership team and clean up if you want to grow.

"Friendly people and ok pay"

I worked at ESET full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people and location was easy to get to

Cons

Lack of communication in between teams

Advice to Management

Develop more open communication with the employees

5. "Fast Paced + Challenging = Rewarding"

I have been working at ESET full-time

Pros

Great team environment. Transparent Leadership. Lot's of opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Awesome wellness initiatives and a caring HR staff. Free fuit, coffee, ping pong tables, arcade machines, yoga classes, weight room, huge break room with balcony with great view of Downtown San Diego.

Cons

Sometimes the executive team can be a little too reserved.

Advice to Management

We know you have a lot on your plate and sure, there are things you need to keep close to the chest at times, but don't forget that we are all one team, and when you seem too secretive more often than not you create an us vs. them feeling for the rest of the organization. You guys are great, but we want to hear you speak from the heart, smile and laugh more - it works wonders.

"Global Company with SMB Thinking - Sales People Stay Away!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product, great co-workers, great location

Cons

ESET still treats its employees like children.... listen to their gripes and then send you on your way. Many teams have been frustrated by the metrics-driven management. The focus is on how many entries you make into the CRM and number of calls instead of training and nurturing talent within the departments.

The quickest way to lose talent is to limit compensation. Taking away accelerators, introducing decelerators, limiting MBO payments due to company performance and killing any form of president's club gives employees not so many reasons to do just enough to get a paycheck. This company controls your OTE by raising quotas to keep you out of accelerators and limit your commission. When your compensation plan for commission changes 3 to 6 times a year, the sales team is not blind to what you are doing!

All of the hokey Christmas parties, yoga classes and pizza lunches don't pay the bills. So give us all a raise instead of those rooftop stretch sessions and gay pride parade sponsorship. People come to work for money and benefits, not onsite gyms and pizza.

Advice to Management

If you want to make yourselves an enterprise software company, treat your employees like they work at one. Pay them well. Demanding "white boarding" and "long hours and weekends" with "what ever it takes" type of thinking is not going to happen when you pay so low.

Get your head out of your CRM and look at the human beings right in front of you. Invest in them, their families and their careers to nurture talent and you will find you have a fantastic group of hard working people right in front of you that will work harder without asking if you take care of their pocket books instead of ping-pong tournaments and over stacked trade show booths.

7. "Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The human resources department is amazing at organizing company events like volunteer events, department meetings, fitness, and all hands meetings. The company culture is by far the best I've been able to experience of all my former (and current) employers. Everyone is has a great attitude, management values your input/opinions, and it is like a family. Also, their breakroom/gym is insanely large! It takes up half a whole floor! This has been the best employer I've ever had the honor of working for and from. I've not only capitalized on skills I had, but ESET helped me grow and identify other skills I didn't know I had.

Cons

I can't submit this unless I have at least 5 words. So there.

Advice to Management

None

"Solid Product / I loved my team!"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before moving out of state, I worked at ESET for more than three years on multiple teams (Marketing / Business). I truly enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I felt that I accomplished a lot for ESET and my career, and it was a solid investment in my future. People are passionate about what they do, and work hard and really try to cultivate the 'team-first' environment. There is a ton of opportunity if you are a hard-working, solutions-focused individual.

Cons

I really think that the benefits are great, although the company is still privately held - so no profit-sharing / stock options. I think that they could still improve on the perks / employee rewards to stay competitive.

Advice to Management

Focus on your talent and continue to develop and promote from within.

"Positive Changes"

Pros

Benefits are the best I have ever seen in the private sector. Pay is also higher against industry standard.

Cons

Definitely politic heavy, it may impact how long it takes for certain projects and initiatives to get done.

Advice to Management

Listen to all voice when making key decisions, not just those higher up.

"Management Agenda is Self-Serving"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, good downtown location. Pay is above average for what the roles actually require.

Cons

Management doesn't understand the sales structure and is aimed in the wrong direction to fix. This is a channel focused company, but rather than build the channel, the sales leaders focus on nurturing small customers. The set-up of the channel team needs better focus. Smile and dial isn't an effective strategy, but seems to be all management is able to promote. Leadership hasn't got the experience to effectively grow and they continually promote either people with very limited experience or people than have gotten all of their experience at ESET.

Management seems to be more interested in protecting their own roles and advancement opportunities, than stirring the pot or creating a positive change. There is a lot of individual and personal focus on career betterment, rather than on maximizing their own role and becoming superior leaders.

HR is impotent and will agree with complaints, but will not do anything to correct a situation for the same reason of not wanting to cause a stir.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror.