ESET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ESET

3.1

Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with two gentlemen in an office with a view of the harbor, downtown San Diego. They were very friendly and had several questions about my past experience and the pay that Im accustomed to. They seemed a little put off by my answer because they said, well here you can definitely make that, but to start out you would not make that. A lady came in next and talked to me. She wasnt very friendly and it seemed as though she was trying to intimidate me. I kept smiling and keeping a very fun, yet professional demeanor. When she was done, she said we will touch base with you in a few days.

Interview Questions

• I honestly only remember the income questions. Perhaps it was because they knew I was qualified but wanted to find out if I would even be interested in a lower pay grade, which I was because I wanted to get my foot in the door for a growing tech company.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process seemed a bit more entailed than others with 4-5 people to actually interview with. Process took about a month with a couple of interview hoops and re-arranged interview times and people. Questions seemed normal. However, very difficult to contact anyone about the process and procedures of the hiring process. After a 4th email a response was finally returned stating they decided to look internally. Seems as though the "hoops" of the interview process were unnecessary if they were just for protocol to then hire internally. Kind of disappointed with feedback and communication of a company that seemed to have a great culture at the time.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, then a 2.5 hour in person interview with several different team members and HR. It's been over a month now and haven't heard one word back.. it seems to me that even if they aren't interested they should have the courtesy to contact you back and let you know, especially if you had an in person interview. It's rude and I'm not sure I'd want to work for a company that behaves like that.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual IT questions.. nothing more difficult than I've been asked before.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were clear and better than expected. Interview schedule was set up and emailed to me so I was very aware of the time and who the interviewers were. Everyone was professional and aware of the questions that should not be asked diring an interview. There were no snafus.

The office is exemplary. It is located in a high-rise building in downtown San Diego and has a perfect view of the bay.

Work culture is professional and most employees are highly-intelligent. From the CEO to the receptionist, all dialog was intellectually engaging and energetic. This is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your most challenging deployments and how did you resolve those challenges?   1 Answer
    • If we suffered a breach, how would you handle it?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation - their offer was more than fair.

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESET in July 2014.

Interview

When through a phone interview first which consisted of a few personal and technical questions, nothing that wasn't expected. Second interview information was emailed in an easy to understand way with times, directions, and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. Upon arrival for the interview, it was a little confusing as to where to go once I got to the floor I was supposed to be at. All the doors are restricted access and the only way into the receptionist area was by pressing an intercom button that was not an obvious thing to do until I got close to it to read the small label under the button, maybe a note on this in the email would've been nice. The people were very nice and the interview went on seamlessly.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult questions. As the position was an internship spot, the technical questions were very basic and general knowledge.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very tough. I knew right off the back that they were not interested in hiring me. The HR Director asked me 7 questions in 1 questions, go figure. I was thought to myself that makes no sense, but tried to answer the best I could. They are very structured with their interviewing technique. All the questions were behavioral questions. I interviewed with a panel of 5, they were all very, very stuffy. I would like to say that the recruiter who contacted me was very nice. From his first emails, to the few telephone conversations we had, he was awesome.

ESET Response

Dec 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely share this with the team, as we strive to make the actual interview as pleasant as possible, while keeping it strategic and challenging.

We... More

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

This was by far the best interviewing experience I have ever had. They were very friends direct with questions. I had three different round of interviews each had a copy of my resume already even though I had brought extra. The only part I felt was annoying was having to fill out the application on site before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• It was a judgment call question. Where I had to make a call between a down user and the CEO being down. Unfortunately the company I worked for at the time always made us bend over for the CEOs this one didn't see it that way. I made the wrong call.   Answer Question

My job at the time better the offer. To this day I still wish I could get another offer there.

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a week seeing if I was still interested. From there a phone interview was set up for that week and a panel interview was set up for the following week. I met one on one with the hiring manager, VP of my department, VP of HR and a member of the team for 30 minutes each. Everyone was very respectful and the questions were based more on my past experiences and how I would handle situations than seeing my technical skills. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question I had was giving a one minute pitch on why I should be the one hired over anyone else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what the salary range would be from the first email so I knew exactly what I should expect.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and spoke to the HR recruiter over LinkedIn. The entire process from application to finish took around 1.5 months.
    There is an initial phone screening by HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the first two phone interviews, I was invited for a 1.5-2 hour onsite interview with the hiring manager, HR manager, a team member from the marketing team, and 2 additional team members from the demand generation team. After the first in-person interview, I supplied 7 references, 2 of which being manager/supervisor references, to complete an online survey. Two days after that, they requested a final interview onsite with the director of demand generation and VP of strategic planning, which lasted ~1 hour. I received notification a few days later that they decided to pursue other candidates.
    Although there were a couple scheduling conflicts along the way, the HR team was very responsive and kept me informed during the entire process. I never had to wait more than a couple days for a response, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Name three adjectives your boss would say to describe you?
      Why do you want to work for ESET? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Explain why you left each company you worked for.
      If someone took a look at your resume without meeting you, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Everything was great, answered all question, but found out that they decided to look for another candidate the next day. Staff came just in time. There were 2 guys, 1 lead engineer and 1 an IT director. Interview was 1 hour, asked about previous experience, some technical questions (answered without any confusing, just for their simplicity) and asked what I need to know. They were in a good mood and told that hiring manager will reach me out in day or two, nothing foretold reject. Overqualified maybe?...

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between role and feature (Windows Server)
      What are ESX, vCenter, vSphere
      Difference between standard switch and distributed one (vSphere)
      Tell about previous work places
      What type of hypervisor is ESXi
      What are HA, DRS, SDRS and where are they configured   Answer Question