ESET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.3

IT Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied direct through the company site. Process was fairly fast. Internal recruiter did a basic phone screen and then I was scheduled for an onsite interview with HR, then a panel interview afterward helpdesk mgr., a sysadmin, and the VP of IT. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unusual. The panel was very professional (i.e., no swordfighting). Took about another 10 days to get a verdict.

Despite being downtown, the building was easy to get to, parking is validated, and the other staff I met on site were super nice.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a Sr Recruiter of a position, the first question was would I be available on a Friday afternoon for a "conference" interview virtually, which I advised I would be. I am in different time zone, but the job was work from home, as I found out from the recruiter via email. No phone conversation took place, but i thought about it and I am definitely qualified for the position, so was interested. Apparently if they are interested an offer is made, then would fly to San Diego for 2 weeks of training. The salary was good, so I waited until that Friday, and at 3pm PST (6pm EST) followed the link and found no one there on a "conference". I must also state, the email had stated it was required for the candidates to have camera on their laptop or mobile device, so I figured while taking the test, they may want to monitor to ensure we were not online getting the answers. I was very disappointed as I dressed appropriately, and at the date/time given found no "conference" taking place. I emailed the recruiter five minutes prior to the interview, been 2 weeks now and he never had the courtesy to let me know if there were any issues, or anything.
    I held up my end of the agreement and took the 58 question test which 60 minutes is given to complete the test. As of today, I have never heard back from him. I took time out of my schedule to show up, take the exam, and not to be repetitive, no follow-up email, never a phone call. nothing. Sadly, I wish I could say this is the only company I have encountered this type of behavior from. it is becoming pretty commonplace for some companies to never follow-up, in this particular case it is a technical customer service role? Really, you treat potential employees like this, I would wonder how they treat actual employees, or the customers. As I always say, fortunately I have nearly 20 years of IT experience and industry certifications, instead of bothering to email the recruiter back, I chalk it up to experience. I would probably let him know I would not consider working for them if he ever did contact me again. There are numerous decent companies looking for a hard-working employee. As a job candidate, i do not tolerate this type of behavior, professionally or personally.

Interview Questions

ESET Response

Aug 17, 2016 – Recruiter

We sincerely appreciate your response and feedback, as ESET is continually improving our process to ensure proper communication and complete transparency. The conference that you are referring to did... More

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I got an email from HR asking a few questions (Why I'm looking for a new job, what attracted me to this position etc.) After that I was invited to take an in person technical test consisting of about 60 questions. The questions covered topics ranging from LAN, Exchange, Outlook, configuring domain controllers, IP, TCP/UDP (study all the ports), Windows/Linux, and basic troubleshooting. After scoring pretty well on the test I was invited to a phone interview with one of the Customer Care supervisors. The interview consisted of typical interview questions (why I'd be a good candidate, why I want to join, questions about my previous experience, strengths etc.) After doing well with the phone interview I was invited to participate in an in-person interview. I interviewed with a total of 4 people and it lasted about 2 hours. More typical interview questions but they also threw in some scenario questions (If working in a group, what would you do if one of your coworkers wasn't doing their part, what is better: a good product or good customer service, how would you handle difficult criticism from a supervisor etc.) After checking in with 3 of my references, they sent me an offer of employment. I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• In linux, how do you change directories and list the contents of that directory.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very tough. I knew right off the back that they were not interested in hiring me. The HR Director asked me 7 questions in 1 questions, go figure. I was thought to myself that makes no sense, but tried to answer the best I could. They are very structured with their interviewing technique. All the questions were behavioral questions. I interviewed with a panel of 5, they were all very, very stuffy. I would like to say that the recruiter who contacted me was very nice. From his first emails, to the few telephone conversations we had, he was awesome.

Online Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Once my application was considered I was invited to participate in an online assessment that included questions regarding Windows and Linux operating systems. Questions were mainly technical questions that ranged from Windows Desktop to Server products, as well as Linux OS's. Expect to be familiar with Linux and Windows command line. Be familiar with Windows domain architecture and enterprise applications.

After the assessment results are scored, I was invited to participate in a teleconference interview with the an HR Representative, the Customer Care Supervisor, The Director of Customer Care, and the VP of Customer Care. The interview was long (2hrs) and included typical interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, etc...) as well as additional technical questions (more from the Customer Care supervisor).

Interview Questions

• An example of one of the technical questions I was asked (multiple choice question from the assessment.):

Q: How do you set a static IP address on a Windows OS?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, then a 2.5 hour in person interview with several different team members and HR. It's been over a month now and haven't heard one word back.. it seems to me that even if they aren't interested they should have the courtesy to contact you back and let you know, especially if you had an in person interview. It's rude and I'm not sure I'd want to work for a company that behaves like that.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual IT questions.. nothing more difficult than I've been asked before.   Answer Question

KB Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

phone interview and then it was an onsite interview with HR and Management. Was really easy talked about your goals and what you know and dont know. They asked about my background.

Interview Questions

• How would you build an applications? What is your process?   1 Answer

Trade Show and Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

So disappointed in this company and the process. I was thrilled when I was offered an in-person interview over a month ago based on how highly people spoke of this company, on Glassdoor. It was over two hours and I met with four different people. At the end of the interview I was told, with conviction, no matter what, you will hear from us ( within two weeks). GREAT! If I am not the right fit, that is fine, just let me know. It has been over a month I sent hand written notes and followed up with an email. NOTHING! Have the decency for those going through the job process to be up front and let them know. Communicating for two weeks before my interview, having the interview, then NOTHING. I have told a few people and the common response " do you really want to work for a company who is treating people like that"? No, no I don't. I thought so much for of ESET when I went in for the interview. I am so unbelievable disappointed in how this all turned out. Happy hunting, maybe think twice about a company that treats people like this. I feel like I wasted so much time and that is so upsetting.

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick a favorite PR campaign, what is it and why?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process seemed a bit more entailed than others with 4-5 people to actually interview with. Process took about a month with a couple of interview hoops and re-arranged interview times and people. Questions seemed normal. However, very difficult to contact anyone about the process and procedures of the hiring process. After a 4th email a response was finally returned stating they decided to look internally. Seems as though the "hoops" of the interview process were unnecessary if they were just for protocol to then hire internally. Kind of disappointed with feedback and communication of a company that seemed to have a great culture at the time.

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESET in July 2014.

Interview

When through a phone interview first which consisted of a few personal and technical questions, nothing that wasn't expected. Second interview information was emailed in an easy to understand way with times, directions, and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. Upon arrival for the interview, it was a little confusing as to where to go once I got to the floor I was supposed to be at. All the doors are restricted access and the only way into the receptionist area was by pressing an intercom button that was not an obvious thing to do until I got close to it to read the small label under the button, maybe a note on this in the email would've been nice. The people were very nice and the interview went on seamlessly.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult questions. As the position was an internship spot, the technical questions were very basic and general knowledge.   Answer Question