EXOS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Dan Burns

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Should be paid more based on cost of living and the job requires a degree (in 6 reviews)

• Very low pay for required job responsibilities (in 9 reviews)

1. "GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR AND STAFF"

Pros

Discounts on food and shakes, staff wellness programs and engagement, great management team, wonderful staff and team culture

Cons

No cons of working here

Oct 10, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you for the pleasant review. We are so glad you enjoy working for EXOS and we are happy to have you!

2. "Program manager"

I have been working at EXOS full-time

Pros

Trend setting, research driven and cutting edge

Cons

Staff turnover and support

Advice to Management

Stay current and competitive with the competition to avoid losing quality staff members

3. "Wellness Coordinator"

I have been working at EXOS full-time

Pros

Lots of perks - like discounted adidas gear. You also get a career stipend to help pay for certs you may use outside of EXOS. In addition they give you an ideafit account that gives you access to a ton of FREE certs.

Cons

Not a lot of upward growith. It's hard to make the change from working in corproate fitness to a performance specialist in a performance center. You must have the education and a ton of experience.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth so employees will stay with the company.

4. "I LOVE MY JOB"

Current Employee - Talent Development Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Talent Development Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EXOS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite part of being an EXOS employee is that I am not seen as a number, but more so as a human. Management is very understanding and willing to work with you. With that said, employees are given a lot of trust to complete their job duties above and beyond to EXOS values. My department feels like a team and I am never afraid to ask for help when I need it.

I love not having to dress business casual every day. Athletic clothes and jeans are acceptable. We get great brand specific discounts and the culture is relaxed--I have never been micromanaged. Some of my coworkers have become very close friends.

Cons

Some employees get a Mac and some get a PC. I prefer Mac, but I was given a PC.

Advice to Management

We're a fast growing company and I don't want to lose the company culture because of it.

Sep 7, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your job and appreciate the work that you do for our team. We understand that our team members may have a preference when it... More

"I really do enjoy coming into work every day"

Current Employee - Creative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Creative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EXOS full-time

Pros

As an AZ team member in the creative lab, I absolutely have a voice and the creative freedom when it comes to the projects we work on. I couldn't be happier with my co workers and the senior staff, who always motivate us to grow in our respective fields. The work hours are extremely flexible for those who need to balance our work/home life. The facility and all of the perks/benefits we receive as team members are great as well. I couldn't be happier!

Cons

In my respective field, the national salary average is much higher than what my current salary is. This isn't as much a big deal when it comes to me and my household income, but a lot of other potential or current team members might be turned off by the fact that the area is relatively more expensive to live, yet the pay is a bit lower than expected.

Advice to Management

We do know that you guys are expanding our staff more and more each day, but maybe consider raising our pay above the national average when it comes to some of the respective fields, and hire half as much as you are now. It is always good to expand, but it is also important to care of our current staff when it comes to pay.

Sep 7, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying it here at EXOS and appreciate all the hard work you put in. Our goal is to always take care of our current team... More

6. "Performance Coach"

Former Employee - Performance Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Performance Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at EXOS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers are awesome. Relatively easy work. Low stress. Pride in your work and your ability. Not sales based, which is very cool! The job is important because you are changing for the better someone else's livelihood.

Cons

Poor benefits. Under paid. Very limited growth opportunities. Lack of company unity - most positions are contracted. Most sites across the country are 1-3 employees only with the headquarters in Arizona.

Advice to Management

Be your employee's biggest supporters. We need to know that you care.

7. "Left a great job to come here - no regrets, things keep improving"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at EXOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High values, ambitious goals, careful and caring management, innovative methodology and approach to business. We each get to contribute to improving human performance; we're making a difference in a million different ways.

The company practices continuous improvement, and it is a fairly flat structure so there is an open-door policy and everybody is encouraged to contribute ideas and raise issues. Complaints are welcome and always taken seriously.

I have recommended EXOS to friends and several have joined and have been working here for several years, experiencing high satisfaction in a stimulating environment.

Cons

You need to be comfortable in a dynamic and evolving environment. If you want stability and repeatable certainties, work for a bank or an insurance company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing: you're striking the right balance between innovative edginess and conservative sustainability.

8. "Courtesy Desk Assosciate"

Former Employee - Courtesy Desk Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Courtesy Desk Associate in San Mateo, CA

I worked at EXOS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good management support. Free place to work out. Great for student or extra part-time work

Cons

Not really any. Can have it's occasional waves of busy time, but it's manageable if you work with a good team. Be prepared to work, as it is a service industry.

9. "Performance Specialists"

I have been working at EXOS full-time

Pros

Great education and system. Awesome environment to work in.

Cons

Pay is low for area to live in. I have to have 3 jobs which is exhausting. There is little room for promotion and raises are little.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on living. create a system where employees can "level" up or be promoted easier.

"If you value your sanity stay away"

I worked at EXOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, telecommute options, access to a high quality gym and trainers, healthy cafe on-site

Cons

EXOS is the Google-wannabe of the health and wellness world. While wanting to be on the cutting edge of things, some areas of the business are sloppy and haphazard. Many top talent have left the company which should signal HR and top execs to determine on what they are doing wrong.

Advice to Management

Take the time to value and listen to your employees. Promote from within. Implement consistent policies throughout the company.