Cover image for Ecosystems

70 Comments

Tech

453.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ecosystems~462013
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "You work with brilliant people and you can learn so much.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great place to work with a great culture!(in 6 reviews)
  • "You are given the opportunity to own accounts and processes like owning your own business within the business(in 4 reviews)
  • "The Ecosystems Team is considerate, kind, and resilient!(in 4 reviews)
  • "Additionally, the company culture is great, even in the current COVID(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Invaluable experience

Aug 23, 2022 - Marketing Automation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros include unlimited PTO (FOR REAL), flexible schedule, ability to wear many hats and grow a vast skillset, a very welcoming team. You are able to have a voice very early on and influence things, unlike if you were at a large corporation. If you want to truly grow and make an impact, Eco is for you.

Cons

If you aren't okay with wearing many hats, it is probably not the best place for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good jumpstart in value

Jul 11, 2022 - Value Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ecosystems provides a great jumpstart/crash-course in value selling & value management for their employees. The work is pretty engaging and the clients are easy and fun to work with; you get a lot of control over your own calendar/schedule and they truly follow their "unlimited PTO" and "Freedom with Responsibility" policies around time off which is great. The people are generally kind and will have your back. I think Eco was a great place to start off my career in Value, as they really provided all of the necessary understanding of how to approach value selling. I will look back fondly on my time with them and wish them nothing but the best!

Cons

As a smaller company, Eco can sometimes be a bit chaotic since the workload should probably be spread over a larger staff base as they grow. IF you are self-led and good at working at a fast pace, this shouldn't be too difficult. However, it can be difficult to find firm objective goals, and can sometimes feel like a subjective roadmap to growth as an employee/pay raises/promotions. The pay is on the lower end for the industry, but as I mentioned above, you work a lot less than at a usual "consulting" gig.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Ecosystems team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Growth Galore

Jun 13, 2022 - Value Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The personal growth I've had at Ecosystems in 1 year is 10X what I had at other companies after 5 years. Yes, we work hard, but it's like being on a Super Bowl Team. Everyone here is first string players.

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but there is plenty of room for people who are learning and growing, but if you ar not carrying your weight it will be obvious and you won't last.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Good to start, but I don't recommend

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ecosystems is a good place to launch into value. They are so desperate for employees because of their high turnover, you don't need much experience. A year or two here and you're set for a career in value. The people who are good, though, are awesome. Smart, responsible, and gaslighted into thinking this company is normal.

Cons

The management is petty and childish. A lot of drama and keeping things quiet and, oftentimes, you might be told to lie. The company will require you to work long hours. This is purely culturally based because all of the higher ups are workaholics and, don't mean to, but put terrible deadlines on everyone else, weekends are commonly worked by everyone. The pay is low. Very low. The general culture is very competitive and winning focused, not people focused as they claim. The management is green- they have been wearing many hats for a long time so don't know how to manage instead of just doing everything, failing, and asking you to go it last minute.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Endless Opportunities for growth

Apr 8, 2022 - Value Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership invests time to help with growth - Unlimited PTO - The people are super smart and always willing to help - Never any micro managing - Leadership is always available to talk and listen

Cons

any con I had was addressed right away

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

The Harvard of Value Management

Mar 22, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ecosystems hires the smartest and scrappiest people, and those who take advantage of the opportunities given to them thrive. They are passionate and compassionate. One of my favorite aspects is the employee comradery that has thrived through COVID. One of our female leaders started a quarterly beach ball tradition where we throw the ball to a person and acknowledge a peer or colleague's great work. The ball is thrown to so many that we always get behind on our day's agenda. It is so heart felt by everyone and continued virtually through the pandemic. I was never a a part of something like it in my past jobs and do feel like I am a part of something special here.

Cons

Now that we are virtual, it's harder to get together with colleagues face to face.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

They want to be the BEST

Mar 16, 2022 - Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Ecosystems are like elite athletes. In fact many are. They work hard and produce pristine output for each other and their customers. And like a team, they support each other through hardships, both personal and professional. They have such supportive management and safety nets for everyone that it is almost impossible to fail if you want it.

Cons

Keep all us Eco alum in mind when you go public.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

High-Growth, People-First!!

Mar 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The market opportunity is abundant with this company. They have an excellent product, progressive and kind leadership and really care about all of their employees. They take time to get to know you as a individual, provide opportunities that are aligned to your skills and interests and you are able to see the direct impacts of your work. The team is so collaborative and smart. Highly recommend!!

Cons

Not a con, but you will do best here if you are a self-starter who is curious, gritty and enjoys learning new things.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Headed for the stars

Mar 31, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a unicorn in the making. Those who are a part of this company are making it one of the best run companies out there. People will be writing case studies on them in 10 years.

Cons

Not a con but these people are deep thinkers and consistent as heck. Not for everyone.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away

Apr 18, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

None unless you like to be overworked, underappreciated, and micromanaged.

Cons

Internal systems are limited and antiquated, processes are outdated, and customer success is more like customer support. Coming from a large company, I was thrown for a loop when I saw how inconsistent (and sometimes non-existent) documentation and processes were between roles/departments and between individuals in the same role. The lack of repeatable processes made it extremely difficult and time-consuming to acquire the adequate customer knowledge transfer needed to perform my job. During my time at Eco, I experienced zero work-life balance. I had no control over my calendar; management often scheduled meetings on top of existing meetings without checking availability, and as early as 6:30 am, and constantly canceled at the last minute without notice. I had client-facing calls scheduled w/less than 15 mins’ notice while being on a client call (FYI, you are expected to be on camera for every call - management claims you’re only required with clients, but most of us felt we had to be for internal as well - it was rare, and highly noticeable if a camera was off). Multiple times I was pressured to cancel or reschedule personal appointments at the last minute for customer calls just so I could be in front of my computer on video, despite the fact I have over a decade of experience handling these types of calls, as calls. Eco has a same-day SLA response time for all internal and external emails. In my experience, it was not only unreasonable but impossible and unattainable. As I noted above, my calendar was packed with back-to-back calls on most days, leaving little time for action items and follow-up or email replies. Furthermore, I received actionable emails well outside working hours from management - anywhere from 1:22 am, 3 am, 4 am, 10 pm, 11 pm, and so on. Not to mention Slacks at all hours as well. How is a same-day SLA response time feasible? Attrition is concerning. Between Jan 2022 and April 2022, approximately ten employees left Eco. Eco has less than 50 employees. You do the math…

6 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews
</>Embed

Ecosystems Reviews FAQs

Ecosystems has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 54 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Ecosystems to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ecosystems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ecosystems. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

79% of Ecosystems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ecosystems 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ecosystems to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Ecosystems Job Seekers