Ecosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process for a Software Engineer position at Eco is intense and thorough.

There are four stages -- initial phone screen (~20 minutes), an at-home coding challenge (time varies on individual), an in-person technical assessment (can take up to 2 hours) after which references are consulted, and finally a full-company interview. In my fourth round, there were five people in the room, two or three on the phone, then I was interviewed by the partners and finally the CEO one-on-one. The final round took about an hour.

Eco's interview process is excellent for two reasons: 1) As a candidate, you will know whether you want to work at Eco by the end of the four rounds. You'll meet nearly everyone in the company (it's a small company) and really get to know the dev team. 2) Eco is able to ensure that every person who joins the team fits in with the ENTIRE team and will genuinely enjoy going to work every day. The small size of the company allows them to vet every candidate with this thorough process and it's proven to work.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecosystems (Gaithersburg, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter. After I expressed interest in the position to the recruiter I got a phone interview with a program lead. The purpose of the phone interview was to learn more about the company, work environment, and I was asked about my work experience. After the phone interview there were in person interviews. I met with 3-5 people in each interview. Some meetings were one on one, and some were in a group. I had a skills test in both interviews where I was asked to provide an algorithm for a problem and then code it. The office is located in a town house, very small company. Seemed very relaxed and friendly.

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ecosystems (Old Bridge, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Very casual, more of a chance to see if I'd fit in with the rest of the staff. It's a very small office. Mostly the boss spent time describing the atmosphere and asking if I'd ever dealt with anything similar.

Office Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecosystems (Old Bridge, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

They mostly want to know if you'll fit in with the rest of the employees. If you have the necessary computer skills and they rest of the staff likes you, you're in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

They went through a third party recruiting firm to screen initial applicants by phone and in person, then candidates meet with the operations manager either by phone or in person, and then with either two value consultants or maybe partners (again in person).

I rated this negatively because I don't think they went to the effort to really describe what they were looking for or how I fit or didn't until they sent a rejection. That's totally their prerogative but I think they wasted everyone's time by not being more up front about their needs.

Interview Questions

• They want to know that you're passionate about their work. This was where the third party recruiting agency made things tricky. In my initial interviews I didn't even know the name of the firm so therefore didn't know what they wanted me to be passionate about.   1 Answer

Ecosystems Response

Apr 4, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. You're right that clarity is important. Since your interview in August 2015, we've made several changes to our hiring process and work hard to make... More

Value Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ecosystems.

Interview

Expect to have a series of interviews starting with phone and then an out of office exercise. The exercise is a good opportunity to showcase your actual abilities and matters a lot to the hiring process. Do a good job here and you are sure to impress the company. After that an in person interview to determine fit and your ability to work with the team is typically the last step.

Interview Questions

• The exercise is not extremely common and will definitely take some time to complete.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

One of a kind. The questions were unlike most questions you would expect to receive from a typical interview. The interviewers were concerned with more than just your qualifications and your background. They also analyzed who you are as an individual. Overall their methodology is meant to ensure that only strong fits for their company are received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and first had several phone calls with another employee. After being given the standard project to complete, I had another phone interview and then the in-person interview. In the end, I had to contact them several times before receiving a one line answer as to why there was no offer or further contact in the process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was thorough and challenging but a good experience. All of the questions however had more to do with my personality than any of my work - the project was not mentioned at all nor was it addressed. Many times I would answer a questions confidently only to be asked with a sideways glance, "are you sure about that?" Lots of psychoanalyzing and at times, condescending.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA).

Interview

I got a call from one of the co-founders who had viewed my resume from when I had applied online. The initial phone call was pleasant and lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. I was then sent an exercise to do and once I emailed that back, I got a call from a value consultant who spoke to me and got to know me over the course of half an hour.

I ended up getting a call to visit the office in McLean and did so. The visit went nicely and the questions posed were very thorough. The team definitely wants to assess all candidates in every aspect, both professionally and personally. They need the best fit for their team and I think that management really does try to find that. During the interview, I was also asked to present the exercise that I had worked on.

I did not appreciate their lead consultant attempting to psychoanalyze me during the interview. This would be my only critique in respect to the in person interview.

I was also told that I would hear back (regardless of the outcome, I presumed) but no one ever called. I thought that was unprofessional, especially after I'd emailed to follow up since I had not gotten a chance to meet with the entire executive team.

Interview Questions

Ecosystems Response

Apr 4, 2016 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing this feedback! You're right, it is really important to us that each new employee is a great fit. We carefully consider the unique value and strengths that each person would... More

Business Value Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecosystems (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied through a website and received a call from one of the Partners at Eco who started by explaining to me what the position entailed and then asked if I was still interested. They asked me to complete a "project" using excel. Once it was reviewed I came in to meet with the Partners for a couple of hours and then came in one last time to meet a lot of other employees in the office. They really want to make sure that not only you will be a good fit for the culture and environment, but that the culture is a good fit for you.