Emergency Essentials Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
David Sheets

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Pros

Great atmosphere and great people. Very fair and open minded

Cons

Need to pay employees more

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Show them that you value them.

2. "Bought out since I was there, so maybe it's better now?"

Former Employee - Office in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Office in Orem, UT

I worked at Emergency Essentials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were great.
    Once the CEO "left," the atmosphere felt much better

Cons

Not well organized
    Upper management wouldn't always consider input from the others (even when they had nothing else to lose)

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees: office, warehouse, customer service, etc. They have more experience than you might think.

Pay your people what they're worth. You'll get better work out of them, and they'll be more loyal.

Knee-gut reactions generally aren't the way to run a company.

"This company is a poisonous leech."

I worked at Emergency Essentials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. At this company, I've worked with some of the greatest people, people who work hard and are honest and who made working here bearable.

Cons

Everything other than the co-workers. The board is selfish. They did huge layoffs this year and thus expect a very small team to produce the same results. Everyone is severely overworked and underpaid in the warehouse, and even some of those in corporate are having the life sucked out of them. It is deplorable. I know of people who have worked here and been injured, and never received workman's compensation for time they were unable to work. HR is ineffective and evidently uncaring; employee safety is clearly not a priority. I could give dozens of examples, of broken stepladders not being replaced, of new employees not receiving proper safety training, of harassment from superiors not being addressed or even investigated.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is qualified, does not mean they can do no wrong. Look at your employees and really figure out if they're happy because you've got a good company (which you don't), or just because they feel lucky to have great coworkers but hate going to work for every other reason. And even if someone is capable and qualified for a lot of different job functions, that does NOT mean that you should expect one person to do the work of three different people. It isn't realistic, it isn't ethical, it's not good business. And if you're going to do it, at least have the decency to fairly compensate them for how much more they do than they signed up for. Shame on you.

4. "Emergency Essentials Warehouse"

I worked at Emergency Essentials part-time

Pros

They were very flexible with my work schedule to allow me to work while attending school

Cons

Felt that I was underpaid for the quality of work I was giving and for how consistently I exceeded the expectations for my position

"Manager of Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Emergency Essentials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people and they are close to the freeway!

Cons

The CEO has the worst leadership skills. He either choses not to remember or forgets conversations, constantly changes direction and has no clear focus.

Will not take responsibility for bad management and mistakes, but blames it and takes it out on everyone else.

Very litigious company, involved in lawsuits, sues past employees, etc. STAY AWAY!!!

Advice to Management

Get some new leadership and focus on fixing your company.

6. "Not a lot of advancement"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Orem, UT

I worked at Emergency Essentials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the other pickers were nice and would always cheer me up if down.

Cons

Management showed favoritism to relatives. Not a lot of advancement for women. Management and hr is not nice to all employees. Cannot have fun while working. Management frowned upon that. Some supervisors tried to micromanage. And some employees were sexually harassed. And no actions taken.

Advice to Management

The happier your employees are the harder they will work for you. Don't show favoritism to relatives. Its not right. If someone is being sexually harassed, at least pretend to care.

"CEO is Kyle Anderson NOT original owner Dave Sheets"

Pros

There are quite a few hard-working honest people at EE that make daily work worthwhile.

Cons

Out of touch top leadership. Most employees couldn't pick the CEO out of a crowd which shouldn't happen in such a small company. Crappy and expensive benefits, no 401k (company matching or otherwise), unclean working environment in the offices and warehouse, zero career path, etc.

Advice to Management

Knee-jerk decisions that consume today's precious resources will be your downfall. Take better care of your Utah base of customers.

"Customer Service and Sales Representative"

Pros

There are nice coworkers and people to work with.
    It is close to the freeway.
    It is a pretty easy job for the most part.
    Very willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

The company is operated poorly.
    I received almost no training whatsoever. In all, it was probably less than two hours worth of training before I was put on the phone.
    Very poor pay compared to other call centers in the area.

Advice to Management

They should offer competitive pay for their employees.
    The training process needs to be improved. I knew next to nothing about the products that I was selling and receiving customer questions about.

9. "Good People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Emergency Essentials (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very hard workers and great people. You will make a lot of friends.

Cons

Little to no appreciation to those that work hard.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for your employees and customers. Without them, you don't get a paycheck.

"Most dysfunctional company I have ever worked with. Complete lack of leadership."

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Orem, UT

I worked at Emergency Essentials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company HAD potential at one point. There are some good employees that have worked there a long time, but unfortunately they are overlooked.

Cons

Complete disaster of a company. There is no real leadership. The CEO needs to get out of his office and work instead of placing blame on others for his mistakes. As others have stated, there is a lot of nepotism. Customer service and delivery are horrible with no solution in sight. Avoid this company at all costs. If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Advice to Management

Get new and competent leadership. Trust and respect your employees. Lead by example. Tearing people down because you don't agree with them (especially when they are right) is never the solution.