KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

18.50/hr to start is what makes this job amazing and all the benefits (a lot)

May 22, 2018 - Warehouse Associate in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are endless. They feed you everyday no need to stress about lunch, they give you steel toe boots and everything you need if you work in the cooler/freezer and what they give you is not cheap! You don’t need a degree to be a manager/supervisor just work hard and get promoted as far up as Vice President of the company! Mind you I work in the distribution center not the grocery store.

Cons

As every business that thrives comes with it an unspoken accidental form of politics. You must be apart of the “aldi family” and fit in to stay in. You will work hard as a selector and be challenged everyday. The key is patience. Pick smarter not faster they tell you. You will be fired for not fitting in before they fire you for not working hard enough. Put it this way elders that could be your moms dad work here. Advice on getting a job if you don’t already know someone is keep showing up at the hiring events. Don’t feel bad if you don’t get picked at the one and only event you attend. Continue to show your face at each hiring event and they will see your dedication and don’t wear suit and tie and don’t bring a resume 10 pages long in a briefcase with a gold key that has your initials engraved to unlock it ok? Just go to the grocery store grab an application (usually they are hanging around by the exit) fill it out and go to the hiring event. No need for theatrics; because it will be you and possibly hundreds of other people at the hiring event. This is coming from someone who is on the brink of losing their job and who has been bullied the entire time I even had to switch departments and I still have something nice to say about this company. I wish it could have worked out better for me but I guess I can only blame myself... good luck to anyone who gets a job in the warehouse and for goodness sake keep to yourself and be nice to people and be patient even if they are mean it’s the best chance you got.

12 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

GREAT

Aug 29, 2022 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was awesome. Amazing work environment.

Cons

Did not have an extra monitor when working from home.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for the faint of heart but being able to keep up in this demanding, fast paced retail environment has it's perks.

Oct 5, 2016 - Store Manager Trainee in J.P. Nagar, 3rd Phase
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ industry leading wages Associates - $12/hr, Shift Mgr - $16/hr, SMT - $23/hr, Store Manager - $75,000+/yr + great work environment + excellent training + health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k + 40-50 hr/wk with paid overtime Very fast paced so work hours fly by. I loved working at Aldi. The pay was great! Benefits great! Was training to be a store manager so a lot was expected of me but I was totally up for it. My store manager loved my work, associates loved my fairness, customers loved me.

Cons

+ work/life balance + walked 28,000 steps/day!!! Never thought I would be fired for clocking in only minutes late!!

805 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about ALDI.

ALDI Careers

Cover image for ALDI

Our Strategy What if a grocery store challenged the typical retail business model? We provide our customers with a focused range of...More

• Store Staff