ALDI Reviews

3.6
ALDI  Jason Hart
Jason Hart
1,529 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good pay, excellent to work for(in 750 reviews)

• "Great pay and great benefits for employees(in 525 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and work life balance(in 436 reviews)

• "long hours but u must be flexible(in 359 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ALDI and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great

Feb 7, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, awesome environment, room for growth

Cons

One of few employees in the store at any given time

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very nice

Apr 23, 2021 - Cashier in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good at doing groceries and stuff

Cons

Kind of ugly logo and name

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for the faint of heart but being able to keep up in this demanding, fast paced retail environment has it's perks.

Oct 5, 2016 - Store Manager Trainee in Sugar Land, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ industry leading wages Associates - $12/hr, Shift Mgr - $16/hr, SMT - $23/hr, Store Manager - $75,000+/yr + great work environment + excellent training + health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k + 40-50 hr/wk with paid overtime Very fast paced so work hours fly by. I loved working at Aldi. The pay was great! Benefits great! Was training to be a store manager so a lot was expected of me but I was totally up for it. My store manager loved my work, associates loved my fairness, customers loved me.

Cons

+ work/life balance + walked 28,000 steps/day!!! Never thought I would be fired for clocking in only minutes late!!

694 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Please don’t waste your time

Apr 23, 2021 - Store Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trying to find the pros... can’t see to come up with anything... you get a check perhaps?

Cons

Where do I begin. First off the company has unrealistic expectations on truck completion. Senior management (DMs and above) are recruited fresh out of college and don’t actually have any knowledge how the store operations work or daily hardships in store staff deal with. Their logistic process is also severely flawed as truck sometimes deliver very late rendering it impossible to complete before store open and the company is too lazy to invest in an overnight process. They are trying to open new stores but are aware that they have 0 talent to run these stores but they just want to remain in a reactive approach against LID’L which is eventually going to run them out of business. Benefits are Cigna but no one takes Cigna so good luck. Last but not least the training is mediocre. They would say that you were trained on something because you took an online module but they actually don’t have any staff to actually produce quality training. They also capitalize of a lower income community and not in the positive we are here to help you kind of way. They are going to fail and I just wouldn’t bother if I were you.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Getting better

Apr 13, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Naperville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people for sure! I love shopping at Aldi, its my favorite store so it's great to work for a company whose product you who heartedly love! The medical/vision/dental benefits are good and affordable, speaking for a single person. They have nice offices, Aldi snacks always available which are great, and they are coming into the 21st century for their corporate environment. Their pay/salary is good and rather competitive, hard to find jobs that would pay as good, including a raise at your yearly anniversary for the first 3 years.

Cons

I expected more forward thinking and outstanding benefits from a company that is a large international company (however per my pros they are good).They are a little stuck in the old ways of corporate life, especially compared to others of its caliber. Without covid, remote working would have NEVER been a thing. Only recently did they allow jeans and headphones. Some teams have more flexibility and and opportunity for growth and promotions, but I unfortunately was on one It's a small thing, but we can't buy Aldi swag, I have more swag from family and friends companies than my own.

1 person found this review helpful