ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Aurora, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Great process, very positive experience. ALDI really cares about culture, and you fitting into it. Questions will not be as technical, very personality based. Be honest, ALDI is very transparent and appreciates honesty.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had too much to do in too little time   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Waxahachie, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick, and honestly we just talked about my personal life and what I do outside of work. I had two interviews, the first one with the DM in which the talking occurred and the second one with the Store Manager of the store at which I would be working. The second interview consisted of mainly a tour of the store which was when I was pretty sure I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ALDI?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

First began with an outside hiring group who tells you about the company and position. They then tell you to visit the store to see if this is something you would like to do.

Once you decide it's the job for you they bring you in for an interview in which there are multiple people vying for 2 slots.

Immediately after the interview they have you take a math test and a personality quiz. They tell you they will contact you if you have the position.

Interview Questions

• It's Christmas time and an employees drawer keeps coming up short repetitively what do you do?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Few interviews with DM's. All they ask is about stealing like you are an idiot. You will basically be asked questions about past experience and how fast can you work. Pretty straight forward interview. Just say you like working fast and you will get the job, that's all they care about.

Interview Questions

• Have to ever stolen anything?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I interviewed at ALDI (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Came to the store to meet the recruiter, waited for my turn to be call, finally got called and it was more like a conversation because we weren't even sitting down, he just told that he is just collecting application, he will get back to me after he reviewed it.

Interview Questions

• What's your flexibility like? Can you work 6am and do you have reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied it at Aldi recruitment event, and after about one week, I received a call for an interview. Meet up with a HR personnel at one of their store location. It was a one on one interview but the Lady who interview me seems a little bit rush, what she told me is she have about 20 more other candidates need to be interviewed at the same day

Interview Questions

• They can't offer me the position by the time I applied , but they do offer me another position   Answer Question

They can't offer me the position I want

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Middletown, DE) in February 2018.

Interview

Screening Process, took about 90 seconds. If you pass the screening process, then you will be offered an interview. I was asked two questions and then dropped off my resume as part of the screening process

Interview Questions

• Screening Interview question; What brought you in today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I went to a hiring event at one of the Aldis locations. It was a short, less then 2 minute questionnaire; Can you lift 45 lbs?, Can you work as early as 6 AM or late as 11 PM, Do you have reliable transportation?. She said they'd contact me if they wanted to interview me.

About 2 weeks later I went in for my interview on a Wednesday at another Aldis location with the District Manager. She said it was a 3 interview process. It was about a 20 minute interview. Questions like "Why did you apply at Aldis?", "Why does Aldis seem like a good fit for you?", "Why the industry change?", "How do your past positions relate to Aldi?" etc. etc. She said if they were interested in another interview I'd get a call by Friday. I didn't get a call, I suspect because I didn't have any previous experience as a cashier.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Interview

Went to a hiring event at local hotel. Filled app,very basic questions....did you graduate, can you lift 40 lbs, can you work certain hours. Within a n hour I got a call to come in the next day. Met with district manager. Shirt but to the point interview. A few days later received a call to meet with DM again. Another basic interview although learned more about the company and expectations. About a week later another interview with store manager who was very nice and very informative. Took me on store tour and I then received a call several days later with a job offer contingent on drug test and background check!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Hamburg, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy. The manager asked basic interview questions to get to know you. She went over past experience and education. She really explained the job as she wanted someone who could handle the difficulties of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to a hiring event, it was rom 6am to 12pm (I was there exactly at 6am) I was told to fill out an application and that the hiring manager would look over the applications. I waited a week and then tried to call to just see when people should hear back, but their only phone number told you to send in an email. I sent in an email and heard back a week later saying that “the hiring manager was looking over applications and you should receive an email regarding it if you was scheduled for an interview or not”...turned out the hiring manager just wanted applications on hand in case they would need to hiring more people.