ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017
1,343 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   3 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Open interview- Applicants are screened by the manager asking 5-6 questions. After which he said he would follow up with an interview in one week. He even mentioned beginning to train applicants on a forklift the following week.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were allot of people, waited 45 minutes to be interviewed. The ask direct question, you must answer quickly and accurately. It's easy going yet slightly intense. The first interview is in the middle of the store. It's one on one but there are people interviewing with others right next to you. Do your research and know how to plug your research into answers

Manager Interview

Interview

Simple. If you are not able to relocate, don't plan on getting an interview for your local store opening. For other positions, if you're not available 7am to 11pm, don't count on getting an interview. Very impersonal open interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for work seven days a week from 7am-11pm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morganton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Morganton, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I went to a hiring event and they onLy took a paper application and told me and everyone else the same exact thing. Also said that we'd get a call if they continued with the hiring process. Well two days later I get a text invite to a group interview at 7am. Firstly, I wasn't sure it was real, secondly I had to work. I couldn't make it apparently that's the only chance you get. If you have to work, oh well. Sad bc I really enjoyed shopping at Aldi and they're diff ways but I don't think this is a thoroughly thought through hiring process.

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied through the corporate email. Within the same day, I got a response requesting a phone screen for the following monday. I had to confirm the correct date because in the initial email they had the wrong date for the phone screen. The phone screen was about 20 minutes long, and I was told I would know whether or not they will be proceeding with an in-person interview. I was told to go through my work history one by one and mention my responsibilities at each and why I left each place. From there she gave me a background about the company and the position. It seemed as though it went really well, and the person who interviewed me said I had good questions. Within two days, I got an automated email addressed to the wrong person saying Aldi will not be extending an offer to me. I was unable to reply to the email, so I forwarded the email to the corporate careers email trying to confirm whether or not the email was intended for me. I have not heard anything since. By silence, I am going to assume that the email was meant for me, and they didn't have much to say about the error. It appears as though the reviews about the interview process are spot on. I just thought for a corporate office, I wouldn't be the one correcting them not only once, but twice.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently doing that would make yourself stand out among other candidates?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how well do you know Microsoft Word? Excel?   Answer Question
    • Whats something you have been the most proud of to date?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Salisbury, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

After the job fair, I was called back for a first interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. The questions were very generic. The second interview was a group interview, where I was told I would do a lift test. When I got there, it was an interview with the same guy as the first. No group or test. I have gone back 5 times now, same thing each time. Not very organized.

Interview Questions

• Main question I was asked at each interview, "Are you sure you want to work in the warehouse? You should be applying for a management position. "   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Yukon, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

I brought an application to the store. There is absolutely no respect for those who have unavailability, especially due to religious meetings or engagements. Completely discouraging and inconsiderate.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Easton, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was a job fair. Stopped by, gave a resume & application talk with interviewer about 10-15 minutes. Got a phone call the next day for interview the following week. Interviewed with Manager and it lasted about 30 minutes, very informative and positive interview. Answered a lot of questions, very knowledgeable. Got a phone call the next day for a 2nd interview with another manager. Interview was about 10 minutes, very short, not very open to discussion, definitely not a good vibe in the interview. Feel like I bombed it. Didn't get another phone call, instead I got a letter saying, "not at this time."
    1)Both interviewers were delayed 30 minutes late.
    2)Only did interviews on Mondays during the work day 9am-11am
    3)Didn't ask for references
    4)Even though my current company works with them, the store manager knew a lot about what we do. But the regional manager didn't know anything about what we do.

Interview Questions

• Screening question - Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • First interview - What does my current job entail?   1 Answer
    • Second interview - What is the best part of what I do now?
      What is the worst part of my job now? How would that change?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a job fair in March. Received a call to set up for an interview. Called the direct personal number of the Store Manager cause the Aldi number always refer one to their website cause there is no direct number. Called this Store Manager several times and left messages. No responses, so I went into that store and was able to nail down a time for the interview. Interview came. Felt like it was rush cause the Store Manager seem impatience and disinterested. Once interview ended, stated I would hear either way in 7-10 days. Never heard a word.