ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018
1,723 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   5 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Couple interviews. Came in while there was a hiring event. Interviewed on the spot with the district manager regarding my availability. Got a call back the next day and had a couple other interviews. The first one with district manager, then store manager and then again with the district manager.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and we sat down have a sincere conversation about past work history (even though I didn’t have much in this field of work) but because of my genuine drive to work I got the job

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great candidate for this position   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I went to a hiring event, they asked me a few basic interview questions that should be pretty easy to answer. They asked if I had any questions. After that they said they would contact me in by the end of Monday if they were interested.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Quick questions. They seemed quite desperate to hire due to turnover. I believe it was the district manager who conducted the interviews. If they hire you, they will place you in a store near your area or where they need you. You will do training at one of their locations then move to your actual store location after you've complete about a month's worth of training.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your work ethic and availability. It seemed quite straightforward as they were probably desperate and needed workers. I attended an open hiring event at one of their ALDI locations. When I became part time at a store, I realized they did this event every few months and hired several workers throughout the year due to the quick turnover. I left ALDI's within 7 months.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Pre-night to meet the employees and then a first round interview. After a set of questions online, a second round interview on site at Aldi. It was unorganized and definitely challenged you to see how bad you wanted the job.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Salisbury, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

First was the hiring event...you wait in line to talk to one of the district managers and hand in the application.The first interview consists of touring the warehouse and asking questions; the second interview was a one-on-one interview with the district managers which lasted 20 mins. The third interview was with another district manager/director which only lasted 10 mins....got the conditional job offer the same day. Came back the following day to fill out paperwork. Was given time to complete the drug test, physical and lift test but you have to complete and pass the background, physical, drug and lift test before getting the official job offer. The lift test was intense so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?
      Can you lift up to 50 lbs?
      What frustrates you?
      Name 3 things that describe you about this position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The interview process was not the norm. The manager was not the only person in the decision. A DM also had a very big input. There are two interviews as well and background/drug test. Overall length of time to start work is a month or so.

Interview Questions

• How many years of retail/customer service experience do you have. The usual.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The process starts with a 2-3 hour long informational presentation the night before interviews. The presenter discusses company structure, upward movement through the company, and the progression of the internship itself. The next day is interviews which are behavioral and fairly question/answer-based.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that relates to being in a management position?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

Dinner the night before. Executives have a slide show prepared and tell you more about the company. I would definitely prepare a question to ask if I could re-do this. The next day they interviewed people. My interview took about 10 minutes out of the 30 minutes blocked off. We went through basically a full interviews worth of questions but just extremely quick. I could tell my interviewer was just rushing through everything, not letting me finish thoughts or expand on explanations.