Adobe - Adobe supports a work hard, play hard mentality. | Glassdoor

"Adobe supports a work hard, play hard mentality."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Adobe is doing some really cool things in tech and other fields and it's exciting to be a part of that. The workplace is nice--gym is top-notch, cafeteria is great, and other amenities make it an enjoyable work environment. I feel like the company, my manager, and my coworkers all support a solid work/life balance. Not only is there a lot of talent at Adobe, but there's an incredible amount of all-around great people and that makes work even more fulfilling. The company shutdowns (1 week off) at the 4th of July and at Christmas are AMAZING. Flexible PTO, sabbatical of 4-6 weeks every 5 years, $10,000 tuition reimbursement every year, four months paternity leave, 6 months maternity leave, employee stock purchase program with a guaranteed 15% ROI every six months, even if the stock dips. Several times when my family has gone to the dentist or doctor the offices are surprised at how great our health insurance is. There's also a decent amount of internal mobility that happens, so Adobe seems supportive of that.

Cons

This is hard...I've been with Adobe four years and it still feels like my dream job. Maybe one thing is that since Adobe is still growing so fast and acquiring companies, it can be challenging to learn so many new things and adapt to be able to support new directions and integration efforts.

Advice to Management

Personally I would prefer that when we integrate companies we've acquired to maintain a bit more separation and let them do business as usual. It makes it challenging to integrate as much as we do and creates more work.

Adobe2019-08-27
  1. "Amazing Company But Hard To Advance Pay Internally"

Current Employee - Computer Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Culture. Sales Focused Company. Amazing Products that Truly are the Best. Equal Views On Gender. Great Work/Life Balance.

Cons

Hard to Advance Pay When Getting Promoted Internally. Political Sales Club Selection.

Advice to Management

Don't wait for your employees to look at other opportunities before you pay them fair. Be more fair with your Sales Club.

Adobe2020-01-22

"Supportive and stable environment"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After working at a startup, it was refreshing to get the level of support and mentorship to become the best I could be in my role. There are plenty of opportunities to nuture your career, but I didn't feel like I needed to burn the candle at both ends to be successful. I appreciated that balance.

Cons

Since Adobe is quite large, it is essential to get to know how all the various stakeholders work together. There is also a fair amount of reporting up which can take away from getting creative with your work.

Advice to Management

Empower employers to take more risks.

Adobe2020-01-14

Discover more reviews about Adobe.