Adobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe in January 2018.

Interview

From initial contact it took about three months until I finally recieved an offer.

I first had a brief 30 min phone interview with the recruiter where I gave my background and answered some basic questions.

Then about 2 weeks later I hade a phone interview with my potential manager and a potential co-worker. Again I told my them about my background and they also gave me some information about the role.

Interview nr. 3 was face to face with a senior manager from the team. This was more intended for me to ask questions and for him to make sure I was a good fit for the team.

Lastely I did a panel interview (4 people) where I got a case from which I created a 30 min pitch. After which we did about 20 min questioning from the audience.

All in all it was a long (and sometimes frustrating) process, but I also appreciate that, just to make sure it's a right fit both for me and for the employer.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that all stakeholders are satisifed? From C-level executives to people working on lower levels.   Answer Question

Customer and Product Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for a data scientist position, recruiter contacted me and said they have another position for me. The hiring manager contacted after a week. I was asked some basic machine learning questions. Then he said for the next step I will be given a take home assignment to work on for a week, if we like your analysis we will ask you to present it on site. I worked on the problem and made hundreds lines of code. A lot of visualization and some predictive models. Then after submitting my work and following up multiple times they replied that they wish the analysis was more clear. Therefore they cannot move on to presentation. I am a PhD researcher in ML and I have years of experience with statistics. I believe they did not spent time to properly review my work and they probably are wasting time of many applicants like me. I found their process unethical to ask that amount of work from an applicant and don't letting them present or explain their position.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I applied online through my university. A recruiter contacted me through email, called for a phone screening, and then I moved onto a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did not move on after this stage. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were very pleasant, and I appreciated that the recruiter got back to me about the hiring manager's decision in a timely manner.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The HR and team members I met with during the interview process were fantastic! After one month and ~six rounds of interviews, I truly felt that I had built a connection with every individual. Unfortunately I was not offered a position. This was fine for me as rejection is apart of the process, but it was the most generic rejection that I had ever received. I followed up with HR, twice, afterword to see what I could have improved and to see if their were any other position openings that I may be able to fit into, both of these were ignored. This would have been fine to me if it was an early stage rejection, but I made it to the final round. Will not stop me from potentially applying to them again in the future, but it definitely makes me question the backbone of their HR department.

Interview Questions

• What is something you wished we asked you during the interview process?   Answer Question

Enterprise Cloud Tech Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting/staffing agency, and it took two weeks to get an interview with the direct hiring manager. Because I got lucky in terms of timing, and the team was in need of experienced helping hands, the hiring manager decided to do a video conference interview in lieu of the typical phone screening(s), followed by on-site.

I was able to hit all the high notes, and then some. The position called for customer (front-facing) experience both at a small-medium business level, as well as at the enterprise/corporate level. Needed to be knowledgeable about user privilege and access control, how to utilize single-sign-on authentication protocols, and troubleshooting experience with both Windows and Mac OS.

Overall I had a great experience with the hiring manager. We were able to go over the responsibilities and expectations of a candidate, the day-to-day operations, team dynamics, and whether or not I'd be a good fit. We were able to connect on many levels, and shared similar professional experiences and frames of mind. I was told that they were eager to wrap up the hiring process and that a decision would be made by end of day. I found out later that day around 7PM through recruiting/staffing agency that Adobe had intent to extend an offer to me, and that I'd receive paperwork to fill out the following Monday. Everything was delivered as promised.

Interview Questions

• Could you please tell me about your background, and why you feel qualified for this role?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the future? What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer
    • If someone on your team was not carrying their weight, what would you do? How would you respond?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience working with engineering, development, or other functional groups within an organization? Please provide specific examples.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

A friend and I both had similar experiences despite interviewing with 4 different functions / departments (2 each). The process is long, with no updates for weeks at a time. One process included over a month of complete radio silence. By the time I was told I could move forward, I had already accepted a role and onboarded at a different company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 3 on-site interviews. Interviews were not very hard and people were great. Some white board problems to figure out if you really know how to code, not too hard.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

First was contacted by a recruiter after applying through college recruiting platform and had a basic phone screen, which was more informational than anything. Had other offer deadlines coming up, and HR was efficient in moving me on to manager phone screen of around 30 minutes which consisted largely of simple behavioral questions and resume overview.

Scheduled an on-site a few days later, which I was told would be the final round by HR. Went to the office and had a great interview, after which the manager was very friendly and immediately scheduled me for a phone-screen final round so I could talk to the senior manager. HR had already told me this first on-site was the final round, but I didn't mind, and we scheduled the phone call.

I was waiting for the call during the scheduled time, but no one called me. I emailed my interviewer about this and asked to reschedule, minutes after which a recruiter contacted me and said the team had changed the job description in the past two days, and were looking for someone with different skills, so was somehow moving forward the process without me.

I was left extremely confused given there is only so much a job description can change with the same job title, and I was asked pretty general behavioral questions so far that tested my knowledge and experiences at large, not specific to any niche position. I doubted that the job description changed so significantly that my interviews had to be completely disregarded. I emailed my interviewer asking for any feedback, since the recruiter said she had no more information on her end. After following up 3 times with no response, I am appalled at their complete lack of professionalism and disregard for candidates' time.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through two phone interviews and made it to the final interview which many people don't, so I was proud of that within itself. However, I did not receive an offer. I got a rejection email and in that email they stated they will "keep my resume on file in case a position that's ""More relevant to my experience"" comes along. I'm thinking, It took them until the final interview to form the opinion that my experience wasn't relevant to the position? Although it was, I think the main reason I was rejected was because of the amount of experience I have with having had my own business. Some companies don't like candidates who have an entrepreneurial mindset and a large client base who can leave whenever they please (although I stated I would bring my business to an end if I got an offer). No one else there was more qualified. Oh well, their loss for feeling threatened by a young entrepreneur.

Interview Questions

• One of the one on one interviews had a guy asking me really technical questions.

"What is DOM in web development"?
      "Is it better to place the javascript code at the beginning or the end of the webpage?" -End of course
      What is CSS and HTML?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process went quickly and smoothly. The recruitment team is on top of things. The first call was with the recruiter followed by hiring manager and then the onsite interviews with 2-3 peers and management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer. How did you do it? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I applied through university, had a phone screen and was then invited on campus to HQ for a "super day" of sorts. I had 6 interviews on-site that day, all of which were pretty different. Some asked case-based questions, some challenged me on my past work experience and others let me walk them through a story of who I was. I would say the whole process took about 4 weeks and the people I had a chance to interact with were one of the main reasons I accepted this offer over the others.