Adobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Adobe. Had a call with a recruiter and then the hiring manager within the week and then 2 more team members by the following week. Was flown out to NY to present a product of choice to a panel of 3 team members which included the hiring manager. The team members asked questions as if they would have been a prospect in a meeting. Overall, the process took about 3-4 weeks. The recruiters and hiring manager were great to work with and were transparent and timely throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the difficulties with video advertising compared to display or search?   Answer Question
    • Explain and whiteboard how an ad server and DMP connects and works.   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (Lehi, UT).

Interview

3 Rounds (4 if you get offer)
    HR Phone Interview: very casual, making sure each side was a good fit for the other
    Manager Phone Interview: 30 Minutes, Lots of Questions seeking examples of when I had done certain things that had been highlighted on my resume
    "Persuasive Email": Manager asked that we write a Persuasive Email on a topic of our choice

Was told a Final Interview with the team would take place for the candidate selected for the role

Interview Questions

• Pro/Con of Current Employer
      Strength/Weakness of myself
      Further Detail of Skills Shown on Resume
      Many questions around how you would handle a "difficult" co-worker   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was a disappointing interview experience overall. The first 2 phone screens seemed to go really well, at which point I was invited verbally by a director during the 2nd screen to move forward to another phone screen and an onsite. ("We'd love to have you meet the team!") I was then handed off to another recruiter, and from there the thread went silent. I followed up, only to finally be told (after 2 weeks of no communication or reply to my email) that they decided to move forward with other candidates. At that point I was AGAIN handed off to a different recruiter. It was confusing to have so many POCs, as it makes it unclear who is advocating for me on their end or remembering to follow up with me. I also find it unprofessional to verbally invite a candidate to move forward and not honor that invitation. Lastly, I was referred internally by a friend who works there and, while I believe all candidates should be treated respectfully regardless, I think that is especially courteous and important for employee referrals.

Interview Questions

• More about my background, my experience with managing programs and interacting with executives   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe in July 2017.

Interview

Overall it was very unprofessional. Had a 30 minutes conversation with a Recruiter for a company Adobe recently acquired in Emeryville. She mentioned how she would circle back in couple of days after checking with various teams within Adobe who might be interested.

However, after trying to followup multiple times via email or call, I didn't get any response.
    The HR recruiter was unprofessional and I was NOT impressed with their responsiveness and follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you are looking for your next role, compensation etc   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

Interview

A friend referred me for the position. The recruiter set up two phone screens. One for Statistics and one for coding. Got the invitation for onsite the next week. I interviewed at San Jose.

Interview Questions

• Create confidence intervals for finite sampled population   Answer Question
    • Logistic Regression vs Collaborative Filtering for Large Scale Categorical Variable output regression with a large number of features   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Had a decent interview and was told they'd set up another interview with the Lead Engineer and would be sent more details in an email about the different available positions. Did not receive any response even after a follow up email.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard recruiter call. Non standard process where I have to solve a take home problem and return it in a week; as opposed to an hour of a pair programming exercise.
    Recruiter was all nice until I gave in my submission after spending 2 full days on it. No reply ever since (have sent 4 follow up emails). Extremely unprofessional, idiotic and a complete waste of my time.
    Will be personally making sure none of my friends ever interviews with this Company again, there are a bunch of options in the Silicon valley and a company that does not treat its interviewees well; does not treat its employees well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter call, followed by peer than hiring manager. The process was standard but the hiring manager call was basically something to the extent where the manager had concerns if I had the experience for this role after a long conversation.

Huh ...

Didn't he read my resume?

It almost baffles me why someone would waste their time, or my time when you know the resume basically tells it all. Hopefully the other hiring managers are a bit smarter than this.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

The interview process was typical but long. I had interviews with: an intake interview with the recruiter, hiring manager, peers (3), associated manager, hiring manager's boss, on-site interview. One thing that impressed me was that everyone I talked to had reviewed my resume, knew the role, and were reconciling the two. No one seemed to have a list of questions from HR - they all had their own questions and the interviews were basically performed in a conversational way. Very situational.

Word of warning: be prepared that if they give you an offer, they will request a background check that includes asking for proof of employment and current salary. I don't believe that you are required to supply your current salary (W2 or Paystub) but I was concerned that it would impact whether I received an offer. I don't know either way because I supplied the information.

Also, the salary negotiation was different than I am used to. Normally, I state up front what my salary requirements / desires are and they make an offer. Adobe asked me the standard up-front salary questions, but when it was time for the offer they held a conversation and asked me "now that you've talked to everyone and understand the job requirements, where do you see your salary for this position?" It threw me because I'm not used to giving the number first at the offer. But I held firm, provided rationale, and received my requested salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed information / feedback from a client and they were not responsive, or didn't adhere to your timeline?   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through internal referral. Got a response from recruiter after one week. The whole process took about three weeks. The first round was conducted via phone, where focused on CS fundamentals, project deep dive, and medium coding questions. Then the on-site was at San Jose office. I basically interviewed by four different teams. Much of questions are typical coding exercises. They care more about your personality and culture fit. I got an oral offer from the recruiter three days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Find number of valid sub-string in a regular expression.   1 Answer