Adobe Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,436 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • The work life balance here is excellent though some teams ( especially those working on newer features) might have to spend a weekend or two here (in 417 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 190 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Place to Be - Celebrating 11 years!"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Demand Gen in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Demand Gen in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-It's a Billion Dollar Start Up - fast pace, highly-intelligent people, makes strategic decisions fairly quickly for such a large company.
    -Culture is fantastic - you love coming to work because of the great people!
    -The solution space is fantastic - everything digital!

Cons

We're a consensus-driven culture, which can make the decision making process all-inclusive; but the positive is that once a decision is made, it is fully supported.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Pace and Great Work. Continue a Relentless Focus on Making Our Customers Happy.

"Inside Sale should be avoided at all costs"

Current Employee - ADM in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - ADM in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Adobe overall is an amazing company. Good pay, excellent benefits, awesome PTO (around 5 weeks to start), two shutdown periods at Christmas and July 4th. Stock price at all time high.

Cons

If you're in Insides Sales at Adobe, things are very bad. People are leaving in droves and it's all due to current Inside Sales management. Over 10% of ADMs have left within the last month with many more looking for new jobs. Only around 10 ADMs out of over 100 were able to hit their quota in Q1 due to changes implemented by current management. Most of the team was in the 10-20% of their Q1 quota attainment range. Hard to make money when 70-80% of your entire org misses their number by that much, something is wrong and it's not suddenly your employees. It's gotten so bad that Inside Sales senior management has called other companies and threaten them so they don't interview current Adobe employees as a scare tactic in hopes of keeping Adobe's retention number higher. Bad times all around for Inside Sales.

Advice to Management

Insides Sales needs new leadership. Bottom line. Current senior leadership has no Sales experience and is built of marketing people, many of whom have never sold anything which is creating the disconnect. They have tried to implement sweeping changes this year against the advice of our line managers (who are excellent and have sales experience) that have thus far been disastrous. Inside Sales senior management is too prideful to admit they were wrong and reverse course or pivot. Many believe things will only get worse without a course correction which is hard to believe.

Also, how sad is it our Inside Sales management team has resorted to leaving their own self serving reviews here on Glassdoor about how great their leadership is to combat all of the negative reviews from their employees that say otherwise?

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and benefits

Cons

Keeping pace with the technology changes can be a challenge.

"Good Company, mostly, manager and I not so good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office and good people. Like the products.

Cons

Did not sync with manager well.

"All around great place to work."

Current Employee - Consulting in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consulting in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Intellectually stimulating and fun place to work. Plenty of opportunities to learn new tech, new skills, and fun events to play at as well.

Cons

Management is top heavy. What is the expression, "too many chiefs and not enough Indians"? Watching my department management grow their part of the staff each year and seeing more squeezes on operational costs than actual output for the headcount.

Advice to Management

More work is needed on the internal communication regarding product roadmaps and integration.

"If the chiefs are happy, who cares about the Indians"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office, nice facilities and benefits overall. work/life balance varies by group/team or organization.

Cons

Management never changes, too many tenured executives who can't keep up with current technologies, very little room for personal growth,

Advice to Management

Let's get some fresh faces in here. If teams have lots of turnover, perhaps look at the management and not blame the individual contributors.

"Game of thrones @ Adobe"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very interesting projects
    Great business vision and dynamic esp. on the Creative Cloud business
    Great benefits / locations

Cons

Game of thrones being played out as you move higher in the organization not for the faint of heart.
    Adobe does not practice the culture that it espouses
    Top level management (VP/GM) is visicious and can be vindictive

Advice to Management

Culture is on the path to becoming like Uber;

"Inside Sales has to change. HR PLEASE HELP!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, stock plan, compensation, health benefits, family perks, great facilities, line managers, technology, executive leadership, people, spiffs, cafe

Cons

No formal training which results in longer ramp times. Quotas have doubled without a clear explanation as to why. Inside Sales leadership has little sales experience which is apparent and has resulted in changes to process which has affected overall pipeline for Adobe. Do to the lack of pipeline, there is now unnecessary stress being felt from the executive level all the way down. Lack of trust in inside sales Sr. leadership has resulted in top talent to leave. Morale is at all time low which is being shrugged off. Not only have we lost top inside sales talent, we are now starting to lose line managers that can no longer refrain from expressing their concerns. I'm afraid that concerns within our org fall on deaf ears as upper management is too prideful to admit that they are wrong and unwilling to make changes. Overall, I'm hopeful for the future but wouldn't put my money on things changing anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Direct line managers are great but upper management has completely sucked the life out of the org. When having meetings with org, it is not wise to put a muzzle on team telling us not to ask "career limiting questions." This is taken as a threat. Take time to truly listen to your inside sales team and management and try and implement some of the suggestions given instead of completely ignoring them. HR, if all of the negative comments here on Glass Door about our inside sales org are being reviewed, please do something quickly to help. Last as I reflect upon Adobe's core values of Genuine, Exceptional, Innovative & Involved, I can tell you that our current inside sales Sr. leadership does not currently align with these values which is why we are experiencing the problems that we are. HR PLEASE HELP!!!

"Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and culture. Most that work there are motivated to do quality work and believe in the mission and success of the organization.

Cons

large company which is very political and if you don't partner with the "right" people, your advancement could be stymied.

"Fast paced"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, benefits, stock, time off and company shutdown periods.

Cons

No work life balance.

Showing 2,436 of 2,584 reviews