Cover image for Amazon

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Literally the worst place to work in America

Feb 1, 2016 - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro to working at Amazon is that you can bring your dog to work and only if you are chained to your desk all day as dogs are not allowed in conference rooms and common areas.

Cons

In 1863 Lincoln freed the slaves and in 1995 Jeff Bezos found a loop hole. He/Amazon offer you a droll worthy package that is impossible to turn down and after a few weeks of trying to figure out how to circumnavigate the behemoth company a switch is flipped and you feel like a slave everyday. I have worked for some of the most notorious sadist in NYC and none of them hold a candle to the managers that I have encountered during my year at Amazon. I am trying desperately to leave. I was hired for a job that was completely wrong for me and when I went to my manager I was told I wasn't allowed to transfer to a new division because my manager did not want to give someone else his problem. When I brought him 9 years worth of performance evaluations from my previous company where I was in the top 1% of employees he did not even look at it pushed it back at me and said "I won't look at those because your previous employers standards are no where near Amazon's." If they relocate you they hold a debt over your head equal to the price of a new Honda Civic. I belong to a support group of current and former employees who all have similar stories about being mistreated and emotionally abused.

Continue reading
    53 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SDE new grad

Dec 8, 2022 - Software Development Engineer (SDE)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice time and environment, work life balanced depends on different team, mine team is good I would say

Cons

1. No bananas 2. Male vs Female developer: 10 : 1

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

You Get What You Put In

Jan 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Continue reading
    3043 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amazon.

Amazon Careers

Cover image for Amazon

Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company. What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving...More

• Core Values

Amazon photo of: Employee in one of our Fulfillment Centers
Amazon photo of: Amazon UK Apprentices celebrating a milestone
Amazon photo of: Public tours at the Dunfermline fulfillment centre
Amazon photo of: Learning at Work Week in Amazon Peterborough
Amazon photo of: We offer apprentice opportunities across UK operations sites.

Amazon Job Seekers Also Viewed