1. "Good Company To Work For"

4.0
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AmEx has always treated me well as an employee. My spouse had serious health problems some years ago, and my leaders were very compassionate, and allowed me to work from home full time until she recovered. Good pay, good benefits, good people to work with for the most part.

Cons

High emphasis on security makes it more difficult to push for innovation, adopting new software, etc.

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly environment, great perks and full employee support from team members and managers. Great opportunities to grow within.

Cons

Salary is lower than other companies. Sometimes it gets very hard to go higher in the company while there are opportunities

"Software Engineer"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have fantastic pay for the position you're in, and they teach you interesting and engaging utility of modern technology mixed with legacy fundamentals. I've learned quite a bit while AmEx while getting paid more than fairly - I'd recommend a stretch here to whomever may be reading this!

Cons

The Company is huge, and at times it may take more than a little time to get recognized for your abilities and the growth you've had. There's a reason there is a "only way up is out" reputation exists for some enterprise companies...

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about American Express.