American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018
1,587 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   5 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Submitted an application online. A few days later received an invitation to complete an assessment online. The assessment is composed of personality questions, basic percent problems and mock customer calls. Waiting to hear more.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and the manager of the team I was applying for on the phone. Then I was selected for an in office panel interview where I presented to the group I was applying for. I thought that this went fine. However, after the interview, the recruiting coordinator never replied to me, though I followed up multiple times. I found this rude, especially as I have a job and I had to work to complete the case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How would you expand on product xyz in overseas markets?
      What team do you want to work on?
      Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied online, got contacted by a hiring manager for a 30 minute phone screen. Following the phone screen, met with a manager on the team, the director and eventually the VP.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

This company encourages unprofessional recruitment practices with candidates. Individuals from “recruiting sourcing specialists” to “talent acquisition” HR professionals often contact candidates to set up interviews or calls then never get back to them. It has happened to many individuals that I know who have applied to the company. Very inappropriate and a complete waste of time. No one should respond to their emails and corporate needs to look further into this behavior, as it discourages high performing talent from approaching the company.

Interview Questions

• We have received your resume and would like to coordinate in-person interviews. Are there any days next week that work well?   2 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interviews background check and excel test. Once you speak to the hiring manager you speak with the actual managers of the role and then you speak again with the hiring manager for feedback

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied for the position online. After a couple of days I can a call from the recruiter. She scheduled me for a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was mostly about my resume. She also gave me some information about the position just to make sure I know what I have applied for. After that she said she wants to bring me in for an in person interview. The in person interview was a round robin type of interview. There where 4 team leads that were conducting the interview and there was 11 of us total.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes customers call us but they can’t really explain the issue they are having. How do you try to figure out the problem?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Only made it to the second interview. I take it that the recruiter did not like, my response because I was never contacted. She was so unclear on her interview questions. Along with terrible phone service that was fading in and out which made my interview difficult.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Sunrise, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

It is a three part interview process, where first it will be a virtual interview, based on the results of that then you will have a phone interview, then more than likely if you did well, you will be invited to a face to face group interview where you will meet with a bout 10 managers that will evaluate your skills through various questions. Preparation is key!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in American Express?
      How will your experience benefit the company?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

(Speed Dating Style)
    Was really great to interview with all of the managers at different stations. they each went over different topics. Was not your typical interview structure, so it helped ease the stress.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

The first stage of the hiring process was a short phone interview with the hiring manager. The second stage consisted of a video call combined with the use of CodePen so that two developers could watch what you program remotely.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to develop a solution given that a service that they had implemented would return some data after X amount of time they wanted me to develop something to call the service and consume the data.   1 Answer