American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017
1,463 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   4 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Submitted an application online. A few days later received an invitation to complete an assessment online. The assessment is composed of personality questions, basic percent problems and mock customer calls. Waiting to hear more.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Its a three stage interview which consisted of a phone interview,face to face interview with hiring manager then face to face with office manager. The process was direct,easy and very fluid.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in account management before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email about assessment, then received a phone call from recruiter asking me qualifying questions to see if I was a great fit to move to an interview, next the interview through adobe like speed dating with a total of 15 applicants and 2 hiring managers and 4 other mentors, then there was a final interview if they liked you with 2 managers in the hirevue interview on video, then I received phone call 7 business days later with an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Interview was very straightforward. As long as you prepare, just be outgoing.

Interview Questions

Interview

I got interview at a job fair. They asked you a question in front of everyone. After that you will go into the 2nd interview where they will ask you more questions and they even let you side jack with the employee to get a sense of what you will be actually doing

Interview Questions

• What does ethics mean to you   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

i interviewed at a tech conference, so the process was expedited significantly. 2 rounds of just mainly behavioral questions and a few easy technical questions. My interviewers basically just wanted to know who i am as a person and to make sure i knew the main concepts of java!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Applied in October of 2017 at my school's career fair and got an interview the next day. Interview was about 45 minutes with two different interviewers. There were both behavioral and technical questions, and although the technical questions were tricky they just wanted to know how you worked the problems out.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Really straightforward: initial call with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, onsite with hiring manager, peer and VP of team. 2 days later hiring manager asked for references, followed by an offer shortly thereafter. Entire process took about 6 weeks.

Did not accept, comp extremely low

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Two 30-minutes back to back interviews. They asked one situational question, the rest were technical. All coding questions. They asked a lot about linked lists vs. ArrayLists and stuff like that

Interview Questions

• How much would it cost to clean all the windows in Seattle?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

applied online for risk manager with marketing and strategy team, 2 weeks later first round with hr, one week later 2nd round with director, one week later 3rd with vp