American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,315 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and quick. One interview with the hiring manager and two more panel interviews at their HQ. It was a well organised and efficient hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What in your opinion is more important for a sales person, communication skills or listening skills?   Answer Question

Interview

Normal interview questions .Using the five star method. First there was the initial phone screen.Then interview with recruiter.The last stage was was interview with hiring manager. I enjoyed the experience.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email within two weeks from the recruiter for an initial phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter was very informative and professional, and covered an overview of the interview process. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed my background, interests, and why I want to work for American Express.

Business Strategy Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Initial phone screening with a recruiter (30 minutes): Pretty basic questions about your background and why you want to work for Amex and/or Business Strategy Execution Team
    2. Phone Interview with Director (30 minutes): More behavioral than initial screening, with some overlap regarding why you want to work for company and team
    3. In-person two-part Interview with Directors (1 hour): The first part is a case (30 minutes), and the second part is a PowerPoint presentation on a topic of your choice (30 minutes)
    4. In-person interview with VP (30 minutes): A combination of behavioral questions and fit questions

Pros: Everyone with whom I interviewed was very nice, which put me at ease almost immediately
    Cons: The process took an extremely a long time

Manager Interview

Interview

I had a bunch of phone interviews and onsite interviews with the team ,lot of questions about my previous experience and jobs were the primary focus . A lot of technical questions related to my job role

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The position I applied is for the Affiliate program. Started with a phone interview with a contracted recruiter, who honestly didn't know the full extent of what the team is looking for. And then I met with recruiting managers onsite. I was a little surprised they didn't get back to me after the onsite interview. As someone previously mentioned, it was a little unprofessional given the fact that it's AMEX. If they haven't reached out to you in a week or two, then you should probably move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (keep it to the point)
      How does your past experience relate to this job.
      Why American Express.
      What kind of marketing content have you been working with?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

No technical questions asked in both on-campus interview and on-site interview.
    Basically, they went through resume. And ask questions about your experience.
    It seems to me that they prefer people with good communication skills.
    You have the chance to ask current employees about their roles in American express in the super day.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The process took forever! I applied online on early December in additional to an internal referral. I got a quick reply from the HR/Recruiter (with AMEX use an external agency), the recruiter did a quick 10-min interview about my background and the basic info. A week later, I got another call from a different recruiter, asked me the same basic questions. A week later, got a phone interview scheduled with the hiring manager. No status or anything after the phone interview. Totally thought I bombed it. With the holidays, I gave it a couple weeks before hearing back. Never heard back, i followed up with the recruiter, was told the hiring leader is on PTO, waiting for her to return. Two weeks went by, nothing. Then another two weeks went by, finally got an email from ANOTHER recruiter (third recruiter), asking my availability for 2.5 hours in-person interview in the NYC office. Told her my availability, never hear back, had to follow up again. Finally got the interviews scheduled, traveled all the way to NYC (WITH NO REIMBURSEMENT OF TRAVEL). Thought the interviews went okay, mostly behavior questions, people were nice to talk with.

A week went by, didn't hear anything. I got an offer from another company, but i wanted this position because it sounds interesting based on the description. Followed up with the hiring leader, NO REPLY. Followed up with one other person. NO REPLY. Finally days later, I got a message from AMEX saying "Your application has been cancelled, and your position will not be filled at this time."

Please work on the communication! I wasted more than TWO months on this one position, working with three HR people, went through 2.5HR interviews, had the most patience and positivity, BUT GOT A HUGE RUDE REJECTION EMAIL IN RETURN. It seems they didn't want to hire anyone in the first place, should have communicated to me and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Overall it was very manageable. During the in-person interview, I met with 3 interviewers and then a bunch of other team members just to get to know each other. It wasn't too intense, but I still felt like they gave me a chance to really prove that I deserved the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HR?   1 Answer