Found 14,031 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are always people and teams you can get along with and have a good work/life balance." (in 1840 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and the array of what you are eligible for is impressive." (in 1078 reviews)
- "Most of the people are great; I built great friendships with a lot of the people there." (in 746 reviews)
- "Employees have autonomy to achieve in a results driven culture and great flexibility provided to staff in my area;" (in 734 reviews)
- "Pay was good and laid back work" (in 485 reviews)
- "Base salary was low but once commission kicked in it was well worth the wait." (in 365 reviews)
- "Poor management team leads will overlook blatant collection law violations to achieve their teams numbers even to the point of lying to their card members" (in 301 reviews)
- "So if your team manager is good then you are good and if you get a bad manager then life is hell." (in 157 reviews)
- "Limited growth opportunities and learning" (in 84 reviews)
- "long hours and schedules include weekends" (in 80 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Express and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Nov 26, 2018Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
They have fantastic pay for the position you're in, and they teach you interesting and engaging utility of modern technology mixed with legacy fundamentals. I've learned quite a bit while AmEx while getting paid more than fairly - I'd recommend a stretch here to whomever may be reading this!
The Company is huge, and at times it may take more than a little time to get recognized for your abilities and the growth you've had. There's a reason there is a "only way up is out" reputation exists for some enterprise companies...195
American Express Reviews FAQs
American Express has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 16,378 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at American Express to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
83% of American Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Express 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.