Apple - Excellent internship | Glassdoor

"Excellent internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on a consumer-facing product for iOS, and even as a first-year intern, I was given the chance to work on a high-impact project and take it on myself. At the end of the internship we had the opportunity to present the results of our work to the VP of our department, which was a really fantastic opportunity given that this was my first internship experience.

General perks of interning at Apple: They treat their interns really, really well. In addition to providing free housing (which was at worst a 15 minute drive from work) or a $1000 housing stipend, some teams provide free lunches/dinners to employees, and you're also eligible for all the other employee benefits, like health insurance, fitness center membership, product discounts, etc. More importantly, you get to work in a really flat environment and form a really close bond with your manager and others on your team. Apple also does an "Executive Speaker Series" during which each of the Apple executives give a seminar-style talk to the interns about the work they do, where they come from, etc.

Cons

This wasn't my experience, but the truth is that depending on your team, the work might be uninspiring because working on consumer-facing products at Apple is undeniably more fun than working on internal tools or QA. That said, that's true of almost all product-driven companies, so it's really just a general point to note.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "A journey into the cutting edge of retail, fast paced, adaptive, and always something new"

Current Employee - Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits and employee centered policies, a real sense of team collaboration. You feel like you are apart of a bigger picture and that every customer exchange counts.

Cons

Hectic work/life balance, difficult to take days off when needed, sometimes overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Try and realize that your presence when it is busy is just as important as your presence in team building activities.

"Great place to learn if you are young without a family"

Current Employee - Global Supply Base Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Global Supply Base Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ideal place for young people where you can learn hands on supplier management

Cons

Ideal place for young people who don't have a family life.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating or die