KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Oct 18, 2013 - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked on a consumer-facing product for iOS, and even as a first-year intern, I was given the chance to work on a high-impact project and take it on myself. At the end of the internship we had the opportunity to present the results of our work to the VP of our department, which was a really fantastic opportunity given that this was my first internship experience. General perks of interning at Apple: They treat their interns really, really well. In addition to providing free housing (which was at worst a 15 minute drive from work) or a $1000 housing stipend, some teams provide free lunches/dinners to employees, and you're also eligible for all the other employee benefits, like health insurance, fitness center membership, product discounts, etc. More importantly, you get to work in a really flat environment and form a really close bond with your manager and others on your team. Apple also does an "Executive Speaker Series" during which each of the Apple executives give a seminar-style talk to the interns about the work they do, where they come from, etc.

Cons

This wasn't my experience, but the truth is that depending on your team, the work might be uninspiring because working on consumer-facing products at Apple is undeniably more fun than working on internal tools or QA. That said, that's true of almost all product-driven companies, so it's really just a general point to note.

9 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sales

Jan 25, 2022 - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, fun environment to work in

Cons

Can’t please every customer in the store

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

1297 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Apple.