Apple - Excellent internship | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Excellent internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on a consumer-facing product for iOS, and even as a first-year intern, I was given the chance to work on a high-impact project and take it on myself. At the end of the internship we had the opportunity to present the results of our work to the VP of our department, which was a really fantastic opportunity given that this was my first internship experience.

General perks of interning at Apple: They treat their interns really, really well. In addition to providing free housing (which was at worst a 15 minute drive from work) or a $1000 housing stipend, some teams provide free lunches/dinners to employees, and you're also eligible for all the other employee benefits, like health insurance, fitness center membership, product discounts, etc. More importantly, you get to work in a really flat environment and form a really close bond with your manager and others on your team. Apple also does an "Executive Speaker Series" during which each of the Apple executives give a seminar-style talk to the interns about the work they do, where they come from, etc.

Cons

This wasn't my experience, but the truth is that depending on your team, the work might be uninspiring because working on consumer-facing products at Apple is undeniably more fun than working on internal tools or QA. That said, that's true of almost all product-driven companies, so it's really just a general point to note.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company, average management"

Former Employee - Genius in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Genius in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company culture and treatment of employees is second to none. Benefits and compensation are above average, and the side-perks (NFR software, discounts, internal services and networking opportunities) are fantastic.

Cons

Managers often place their own bonus structure above adherence to company policies and employee benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' feedback. Better yet, listen to your employees' direct reports' feedback, because the only thing the mid-level managers will report is their own metric success.

"Retail is fun, corporate is better!"

Current Employee - Genius in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Genius in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-If you're a 20 something school is possible, and you get to meet other 20 somethings!
    -Decent pay
    -Opportunity to get promoted with in retail

Cons

-It is just another retail job sometimes.
    -There is 0% chance to go to corporate.
    -Hours are rough (Close the store at 11, back at 8:30am)

Advice to Management

Make your most valuable resource feel valued.

Discover more reviews about Apple.