Banfield Pet Hospital - Even with free wellness plan, I never took my pets there! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Even with free wellness plan, I never took my pets there!"

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some wonderful, hardworking, caring colleagues. Opportunity to gain experience working with animals and clients.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible management. Terrible hours. Inexperienced, overconfident doctors.

Advice to Management

I am aware that it is a business, but care should come before production numbers. With a mission statement that includes phrasing like "treating pets like family", Banfield should know better. If that's your idea of how you should treat family, you make an excellent case for emancipation. I worked with completely incompetent doctors who put pet's lives in danger on an almost daily basis. When I, along with several of my coworkers, brought this to management's attention, the reply was "his/her numbers are good". As much as I loved working with pets and their owners, I finally had to quit for moral reasons. I could no longer bear witness to the atrocities that became commonplace. Total disregard for the pets and the blatant attempts to rip off our clients with aggressive upselling of products and services their pets did not need. Shame on you. How do you sleep at night?

Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Hostile environment -"

Former Employee - Practice Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with some of the co-workers & clients

Cons

Being told your position was one thing and then finding out you had to do everything. Working with a Veterinarian who had her favorites and many employees certainly were not them, also they were refused off and never got a chance to become a better employee.. She berated many people including employees in public. And lied to upper management about them.

Advice to Management

They should do better training for all employees. Also they should listen to everyone, not just the Veterinarians. If someone disagreed with Vet or Management. the were shunned & some how punished.

"Never again"

Current Employee - Vet Assistant in Northborough, MA
    Current Employee - Vet Assistant in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

decent benefits. . . . .

Cons

Terrible and unqualified management, cut hours, low pay. Management harasses people who are unhappy there and corporate does nothing to monitor what they do. Corporate nonsense convolutes everything