Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Banfield Pet Hospital

2.5

Interview

The interview was precise and straightforward. After that you schedule to have an on the job observation of the position, but are not allowed to handle animals during the process.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Sep 10, 2020

Thank you for letting us know how your interview experience went! Congratulations on the offer for your desired position - we're excited to have you!

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

I had a straightforward phone interview with a recruiter. They emailed me several weeks later. It was fairly easy, there were only about 10 questions total and most of them were case based or specific scenarios.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Aug 27, 2020

Thank you for speaking of how easy the application and interview process ended up being for you. We're happy to hear your experience was a positive one, and are glad to have been able to have you join the team!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Awful, no communication no support: you are thrown out to the wolves. Do not work here unless you’re desperate. The animals are also treated badly as well. I would not recommend they are also condoning people to so drugs while working with patients.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2020.

Interview

It was a relatively lengthy process with a lot of steps.
    I applied on Indeed and got an email from the Practice Manager the next day asking me to give a detailed overview of my work history and why I wanted to work for Banfield. (I'm assuming this was over email because of the pandemic). I went into a good bit of detail, and she thanked me for that and asked me to apply on the Banfield website so she could further the process. Once that was done, she emailed again to set up a time for a brief phone interview with the practice manager of a different location.
    The phone interview started off as most do -- she gave an overview of the company, their history and their growth. Then she asked me a few questions about my application, and my salary expectations. It was a relatively easy interview because I had done a decent bit of research on their interview process beforehand. Before we hung up, she suggested that I send a list of references to the manager of the location I would be working at.
    I did so, and the manager of my location emailed me back asking to set up a time for an observation. She gave me a few days to choose from and asked me to select a one-hour time frame to come in and sit with the CSCs and get a feel for the job.
    The observation took place a week after the phone interview because she was out of the office for a while. The CSCs (there were two of them) were friendly and talked me through their daily process. I sat with them for an hour watching them work. Then the manager and I went outside to talk. She asked me what I thought, told me how much she could offer me, and asked me to come in for a second observation.
    The second observation was another week later, and it went exactly the same as the first one. At the end of it, the manager brought me into one of the exam rooms and officially offered me the job. I accepted, and she sent me through to the next step, emailing me the background check.
    All in all, it was a pretty decent interview experience. The only thing that was a little bizarre is that I never really spoke much to the practice manager that I would actually be working with. Almost all of our correspondence was via email; she only spoke to me for a minute before and after each observation hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Banfield?   1 Answer
    • Do you work better in a fast-paced environment or a slower, steadier environment?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any pets?   1 Answer

Sep 14, 2020

Thank you for spending so much time sharing so detailed an experience with us! This really helps in giving those reading a feel for what all is involved, and we appreciate it. Happy to have you as part of the Banfield Family, and looking forward to hearing more of your feedback as time passes!

Vet Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Orlando, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions. Then a Follow day at the clinic to ensure you can handle the day to day chaos of the clinic, and to double check this is what you really want to do.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Jul 14, 2020

Welcome to the Banfield family! We are glad to hear the interview went well and even after seeing the day to day chaos you chose to come on board.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Huntsville, AL) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone interview “prescreen” first then followed up with an in person interview request via email. Interview scheduled for a week from phone screen.

Interview Questions

• About experience and if I was ok with getting dirty and gross at work.   1 Answer

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your time interviewing with us! We're happy to hear you had so positive an experience, and decided to join the Banfield family! We're excited to have you!

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Charlotte, NC) in June 2020.

Interview

It was over the phone she asked me a lot of intriguing questions, then I had a second interview in person with the chief of staff and the person who interviewed me at the same time to get a tour of the facility.!

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Jul 10, 2020

We are glad to have you as part of our Banfield family! We are glad you had a good experience and hope it continues for a long time!

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in June 2020.

Interview

Spoke for 20-30 mins face to face and answered situational questions. Then came back for a working interview where I just interacted with the staff. It was overall a good experience, everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions like how would you interact with an angry client?   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2020

We are so very happy to hear that you had a great experience through your interview and while interacting with the staff!
    Best of luck with your job search!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Chantilly, VA) in June 2020.

Interview

They sat down with me for about an hour and asked mostly standard interview questions (time you messed up, how you completed a goal, etc.), and also some unexpected ones (how do you learn from the people around you, explain something that you know well that we wouldn't be familiar with). The follow-up was an observational interview where I followed employees and learned about their roles in the office. Overall pretty mellow and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you know well that we wouldn't be familiar with, would you rather be good and on time or perfect and late, strengths / weaknesses, how do other people describe you?   Answer Question

Sep 10, 2020

Thanks so much for sharing such detailed feedback! We're happy to hear you had a positive time during your interview, and are honored you chose to apply to Banfield. We wish you the best in success with your future endeavors!

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. It was conducted over the fun most likely do to the Coronavirus. The interviewer I spoke with was friendly. The questions that I was asked were standard for interviews and not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you had to help an unruly customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this overview describing your time interviewing with Banfield! We're happy to hear that you had such a positive experience, and are honored you decided to apply for a position with us!