Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, received a call to set up an interview time nearly a week later. I met with the Practice Manager who seemed rather unenthusiastic and rushed through the interview. She gave me a quick run down of the company and the position I was applying for them, then went on to ask me the standard experience-based questions: Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it. Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and so on and so forth. I generalized most of the questions since I had nothing to really go on, but it seemed that she wanted EXACT scenarios, which, of course, I couldn't provide. I also found it strange that she never asked WHY I wanted that position since I've never worked in a vet before nor did she ask me if I had any experience dealing with animals AT ALL. At the end, she told me she had several other people to interview and that she'd call me within a week if I was selected.

Helpful Tip: Make sure you have SPECIFIC scenarios to talk about it. Also, telephone skills are a MUST.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake that rippled throughout the company and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you have downtime at work?   1 Answer

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Applied online, received call within a week to come in for an interview. One on one interview with the PM in an exam room. Said I should receive a follow up call within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have any questions for me?
      Also asked for sure when I was taking the VTNE since I just finished my vet tech program.
      1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview which went well. Lots of questions were asked but everything relevant to the position and my experience level. Afterwards I was contacted to come for an in person interview in which I was shown around the back areas and introduced to everyone. The interview was successful and I was asked back for an hour long observation session where I watched what went on and was re-introduced to some people. It was a really welcoming experience and not intimidating at all!

Interview Questions

• When was the last time I had faced adversity and what was my reaction   Answer Question

Unfortunately my status as an international student was a restriction and my visa did not allow me to work off campus. 100% would have accepted otherwise

Feb 24, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing your review! Glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview process. We wish you all the best and encourage you to stay in touch with us for future ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process was a series of e-mails coordinating the interview, in hospital visit, and completion of paperwork. Background check was required, applicants did get denied due to failure.

Interview consisted of 3-5 minutes talking about why I want to work there and where I see myself in the future. Got a tour of the facility and was out of there in about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had that involved conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for posting your review!  Welcome to the Banfield Family. --- Banfield Pet Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Greeley, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call about 2 weeks after submitting the application. Short phone interview with the practice manager, then was asked to set up an interview the following week. Interview was with the practice manager for the location I had applied to, as well as the practice manager of another location. Interview was somewhat informal, I was asked the basic behavioral and situational type questions. Both practice managers were very friendly, one seemed to have a lot more experience interviewing than the other. Overall it was a good interview experience. Waiting now for a call back and hoping to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Feb 24, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing a review about your interview process with Banfield. We wish you all the best! --- Banfield Pet Hospital

Veterinarian Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Typical screening phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the practise manager and chief of staff. The recruiter has a list of 'on the phone questions' he/she reaches for. Previous glass door posts helped me a lot here as the same questions came up for me. They are having a massive recruitment drive at the moment- it's more a chance for you to interview them! They seemed to like the inquisitive/curious approach I took to their reputation and the rumors regarding the level of care and micromanaging from the powers above.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you 'showed by example' the importance of preventative care.   Answer Question

Congratulations! Welcome to the Banfield family. -- Banfield Team

CSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple. Was called in for 2 separate interviews. Went in for a 4 hour observation day and before I left was offered the job. My whole process took longer then usual because there was christmas and new years in there and they had days off.

Interview Questions

• What does culture mean to you?   1 Answer

Feb 24, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing your review. Glad to see your experience was a positive one. Welcome to our practice! --- Banfield Pet Hospital

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Two managers interviewed me. I applied online and received an e-mail asking for a time to interview, I e-mailed back and never got a reply. I e-mailed them twice more afterwards and still no reply. So I finally called the company and scored an interview.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Dec 22, 2016 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with Banfield. We all get busy but persistence does pay off. We are glad to have you as part of the Banfield family ... More

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back, chatted on the phone briefly with the Practice Manager. At the end of the call I was invited to a face to face interview. Dressed in business attire, interview was calm and relaxed. Toured the hospital and was able to see the flow of an average day. PM, doctors, and staff were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is my background in the veterinary field?
      Able to work well alone and in a team setting?
      Are you able to handle 'uncomfortable' situations with pet parents regarding their pets?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.

Dec 22, 2016 – Banfield Pet Hospital

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your interview experience with Banfield. Candidate feedback helps us streamline our processes. Welcome to our practice ... More

Practice Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. After 2 weeks received an email from a field director to set up phone interview time.
    3. 1st interview was fairly standard ≈ 45min. Prepared via researching previous posters on GD and was given experience questions. Prep yourself with a few good examples of profit and loss, management experience and specific examples as I was asked to detail experience as a manager/leader.
    4. 2nd interview happened 2 weeks later and was with the chief of staff for the possible location. ≈50min. It was less formal and focused on scenarios and how you would respond, e.g.: detail previous management experience. Prepare with specific managing experience and employee interactions...treat this as getting to know your potential peer/co-worker, part presentation of your ability to manage and lead, and part how you are as a person aka would you be a great co-worker in addition to your management abilities.
    5. Awaiting final process

Interview Questions

• Your standard management level questions - you should definitely prepare with specific experiences
      (1) describe a successful/profitable moment in your career,
      (2) describe a moment of failure or under performance and how you dealt with that,
      (3) describe a conflict in the workplace,
      (4) describe a moment of praise such as customer interaction, employee recognition, etc...
      Answer Question