Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Practice Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Interview process was thorough, but went quickly. The day after I submitted my resume I was contacted by a recruiter. The next week I spoke with the recruiter who asked basic questions about my skills and experience and a couple behavioral questions. Next step was an interview with the field supervisor two days later. Same format as recruiter interview except with more behavioral interview questions. Third step was a 2 hour clinic visit the following week hosted by the Chief of Staff. Fourth step was an interview with the P&O co-pilot, who asked more behavioral questions that were getting at leadership and management skills. Final step was another clinic visit, but this was because the field supervisor wanted to meet me in person because they weren't able to be there during the first clinic visit. The field supervisor was very friendly and very open and transparent about the challenges facing the particular clinic I would be working in. Two days later I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict between employees and it didn't turn out the way you had expected   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Congratulations! We're pleased that you had an efficient and positive experience during your interview process. Your thorough review from end to end is appreaciated and we are excited to have you as... More

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was moderate. There was a total of two interviews. One with the practice manager and then with the Chief of Staff Doctor. Both interviews were done in an exam room with multiple questions and scenarios given. .

Interview Questions

• How would i dedicate myself to learning everything required of me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

If applied online through indeed. I received a phone call about a week later for a pre interview. Then the hiring manager scheduled me for an interview. They didnt ask me any questions that were relevant to the job.

Anonymous Employee in Arden, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Arden, NC).

Interview

It was quick and to the point. They made sure I was able to ask any questions I had, and gave me a quick tour of the facility. They offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you tend to relate to your coworkers.   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think you could bring to the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Henrietta, NY).

Interview

Had to go to another hospital to speak to several other managers and doctors. I also had a phone interview which was largely similar to the in-person one. Nothing too hard or special about the process overall.

Interview Questions

• Really they just asked a lot of rote, derivative questions any job would ask. There was many scenario based questions too which, if you've never worked in an environment like that, might not make sense. Overall though there wasn't anything different asked.   1 Answer

Vet Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

The initial interview was a good experience. I was interviewed by the shift leader and one of the associates who would provide a second opinion on me. They made me feel welcome from the beginning and really seemed interested in getting to know me. They took turns questioning me (each question requiring more and more thought and depth) I let them know that I don't have any prior clinical experience but that didn't discourage them. They informed me that they're a teaching hospital so I chose the right place! Towards the end, they let me know I had a strong interview but still had others to consider aside from me.
    I got an email a week later to set up my work interview.
    The work interview was great as well! I shadowed a couple of girls and they navigated me to different sources of information they pass out to clients so I could learn from there. The work interview was just for me to get a feel of the environment and see if I still want to work there. It just made me even more motivated to be there ! I got another email one week later extending the offer of the vet assistant position :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you got negative feedback and how you responded .   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an altercation with a coworker and how it was resolved   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for Banfield ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. Something that I can't know by looking at your application..   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

We're glad that you had positive interview experience. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Banfield Family!

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and informal. The questions were very basic; most were regarding personality, basic knowledge, and a bit about my ability to learn quickly while on the job.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you speaking to clients.   1 Answer

Oct 27, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Welcome to the Banfield family!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

After being hired a second time, I had moved and cane back to the area, I didn't have to interview because I knew the manager. Since the manager was a friend of mine we basically just chit chatted and caught up on old times. Granted, this was a decade ago and things have changed now.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Welcome back to the Banfield family! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2017.

Interview

Slow and inefficient recruiting process. Recruiter would forget to put meetings on the schedule, etc. They will court you and promise the world, and then drop you flat. They do not honestly respect the candidate. Seem very disorganized.

CSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got a call and did a phone interview right then. I had zero experience. I met with 2 people and got hired 3 days later. We interviewed at a nearby starbucks, very casual. I could tell they were desperate.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. There are many training opportunities with our practice and we hope that you take the opportunity to leverage them while learning on the job. Welcome to our practice... More

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Citrus Heights, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Situational questions. Very easy. They liked me and had me stay for a couple hours for observation period. The staff was great and the shift manger was an excellent teacher even on day one. Interview was on a Monday morning which was very hectic.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   1 Answer

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your review. Glad you are part of the Banfield family.