Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Practice Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Interview process was thorough, but went quickly. The day after I submitted my resume I was contacted by a recruiter. The next week I spoke with the recruiter who asked basic questions about my skills and experience and a couple behavioral questions. Next step was an interview with the field supervisor two days later. Same format as recruiter interview except with more behavioral interview questions. Third step was a 2 hour clinic visit the following week hosted by the Chief of Staff. Fourth step was an interview with the P&O co-pilot, who asked more behavioral questions that were getting at leadership and management skills. Final step was another clinic visit, but this was because the field supervisor wanted to meet me in person because they weren't able to be there during the first clinic visit. The field supervisor was very friendly and very open and transparent about the challenges facing the particular clinic I would be working in. Two days later I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict between employees and it didn't turn out the way you had expected   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Congratulations! We're pleased that you had an efficient and positive experience during your interview process. Your thorough review from end to end is appreaciated and we are excited to have you as... More

Vet Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

The initial interview was a good experience. I was interviewed by the shift leader and one of the associates who would provide a second opinion on me. They made me feel welcome from the beginning and really seemed interested in getting to know me. They took turns questioning me (each question requiring more and more thought and depth) I let them know that I don't have any prior clinical experience but that didn't discourage them. They informed me that they're a teaching hospital so I chose the right place! Towards the end, they let me know I had a strong interview but still had others to consider aside from me.
    I got an email a week later to set up my work interview.
    The work interview was great as well! I shadowed a couple of girls and they navigated me to different sources of information they pass out to clients so I could learn from there. The work interview was just for me to get a feel of the environment and see if I still want to work there. It just made me even more motivated to be there ! I got another email one week later extending the offer of the vet assistant position :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you got negative feedback and how you responded .   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an altercation with a coworker and how it was resolved   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for Banfield ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. Something that I can't know by looking at your application..   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and informal. The questions were very basic; most were regarding personality, basic knowledge, and a bit about my ability to learn quickly while on the job.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you speaking to clients.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

After being hired a second time, I had moved and cane back to the area, I didn't have to interview because I knew the manager. Since the manager was a friend of mine we basically just chit chatted and caught up on old times. Granted, this was a decade ago and things have changed now.

CSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got a call and did a phone interview right then. I had zero experience. I met with 2 people and got hired 3 days later. We interviewed at a nearby starbucks, very casual. I could tell they were desperate.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. There are many training opportunities with our practice and we hope that you take the opportunity to leverage them while learning on the job. Welcome to our practice... More

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Citrus Heights, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Situational questions. Very easy. They liked me and had me stay for a couple hours for observation period. The staff was great and the shift manger was an excellent teacher even on day one. Interview was on a Monday morning which was very hectic.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   1 Answer

Sep 7, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your review. Glad you are part of the Banfield family.

--- Banfield Pet Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Greenville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Phone interview, informing you of the position and asking you what you expect in the position and pay.
    2. In person interview with coordinator and other practice manager. Mostly consisted of behavioral questions. With a tour of the facility.
    3. Set up a full or half of a day of shadowing the job site. The shadowing was very informational, but very unorganized, while slightly unprofessional.
    4. Follow up phone call to see if I still wanted the position. With setting up a background check, informing of expecting pay, and next steps.
    5. Another in person interview with the Chief of staff and another practice manager. This was informal to see if the Chief of Staff connected and to ask any other lingering questions they have.
    6. Phone interview with the district VP. This phone interview was informed of being relaxed but ended up being extremely important and formal. This was the deciding factor for the position. If this does not go 100% you will not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time in which you were working with a group and there was a leadership issue?   Answer Question
    • What are the top two leadership qualities that you have that are essential to being a leader?   Answer Question
    • After shadowing, Is there anything you will implement in the first 30 days?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call about 1-2 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. Interview was very easy considering it was mostly Customer Service oriented, basic "describe a time when" questions. I was called the day after my interview to set up and observation day for the following week (because I have a job at the moment I had to schedule around the days I was working, which they had no problem doing). I came in for my observation on a Tuesday, they were very busy, working with 3-4 dogs at a time. I tried to ask questions when I could and took notes, observing the rest of the time. At the end (about an hour later), the PM asked me if I had any questions or if anything turned me off. She shook my hand before I left and told me she would give me a call with their decision. Still waiting for a call back (today is Friday), I actually just called about 10 minutes ago and the CSC said that my original interviewer will be back in the office tomorrow and she would let her know that I called asking the status of my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Fayetteville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasting 15 minutes; in person interview at the hospital lasting 45 minutes. All standardized questions, no questions relating to relevant experience; did not follow up within promised time frame.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Brea, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy but the process was very long. I originally applied for a full time Veterinary Assistant position in may I did not have much experience so I figured I wouldn't get it and I did not. Overall the interview was easy I had a phone screening and then I had an in person interview Stephanie was great and encouraged me to apply later in the summer for a part time position as well as seek other part time positions through the company to gain experience. I did just that I called back around august and she remembered who I was and brought me straight in for a job shadowing. unfortunately as luck would have it they got a referral and decided to hire that person instead. As disappointing as that was I remain optimistic and continue to search for entry level positions with Banfield while I continue my education and become a certified RVT.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with emotional or upset clients ?   1 Answer