Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Banfield Pet Hospital

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Mount Laurel, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview followed by face to face. Seems like they were frazzled at the time; high turnover. Felt more like being vetted than a professional interview. The doctor in charge at the time told me she discouraged me from accepting the job because I "seemed so nice." They were obviously looking for someone to jump right in with little training.

Interview Questions

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Dec 22, 2016 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for taking time to share your interview experience. We appreciate your feedback. Congratulations and welcome to our practice... More

Pet Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

contacted by phone to come in for interview, very casual interview by Director of Pet Nursing. Basic questions on previous experience and salary expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Greenville, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I applied online after seeing a job posting on indeed.com. I heard back from the manager about two days later who seemed very interested in me. She asked my skills, availability, and why I was interested in the job and then we set up a one on one interview. I was actually offered another position at a bank during the week which I accepted, this being said I went to my interview and told the manager about the changes in my availability and asked if she would still want me as a weekend pet nurse. She said yes and we continued on. She asked typical questions about skills, previous employers, how I handle different situations, and then we role played. I believe I won her over with the role play-- I have 8 years of customer service experience with high end clients. Then she introduced me to the head veterinarian and I received a tour of the facility. A few days later I received a call that she wanted to hire me and I would need a background check. Within a week and a half I was being trained.

Interview Questions

• Role Play- Sell me a wellness plan for my puppy.   1 Answer
    • Role Play- How would you calm an angry client who's pet has stayed in the hospital longer than originally expected?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered a decent amount for not having previous experience in an animal hospital but having worked with animals before. There are reviews and other incentives though which I was comfortable with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Raleigh, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

You are brought in for a group interview, you watch a short presentation, fill out a short questionaire, have a group role play situation, have a one on one interview. If this goes well you are emailed a survey that will take about an hour or so to complete. That is forward to a store's hiring manager. Then there is a 4 hour observation at the store. If an offer is to be extended you will go for a drug test and have a background check. Paper work is filled out and then there is a training period for a certain amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were frustrated   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Springfield, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring process very easy, company seemed willing to hire canidate with no experience necessary. Willing to train right person in all aspects of the job. Clean background check and drug test required. Pay scale on the low end for the area with not a lot of room for salary increases in the way of wage increase. Does offer good bonuses and incentives based on production for the entire clinc. Healthcare and IRA eligable after 90 day period.

Interview Questions

• When dealing with difficult or angry clients, how would you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Southfield, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Was very pleasant and made you feel warm and fuzzy...

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said one thing in interview and total different after you have been there for a week and filling out employment package...

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Coral Springs, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Good interview process. Consisted of an online application. 1:1 interview with Office Manager, then an invite to a group interview. Presentation was given on the company. Then broken into groups, to be observed on team work. Then a panel interview with 3 people: an office manager, a field trainer and a health director. If selected to proceed with hiring, they sent you a online personality/skills/IQ type test. Once completed, a few days later, was called to do a 2 hour observation. At the observation, you observe, ask questions, perform light duties (performed rectal temperature). After the observation, they gave me a drug test form, and I filled out the background check form. I did the drug screen the next day, and was called 2 days later to come back to fill out the new hire paperwork. After that, a few days later they schedule me to attend the new hire orientation which I have yet to start, tomorrow February 1st.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that is NOT in your resume/application?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. But the pay is higher than most private practices at entry level.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Buford, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was called in a day or two after applying for the job. I met with the lead nurse and I was offered a position that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have pets of your own?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I applied online. The interview was held in an exam room with the assistant manager and manager taking turns speaking with me. That made it awkward because I knew there was a security camera on me and the monitor is in plain view of all the back of house staff. They asked about my experience and how comfortable I was in a veterinary clinic environment. It was easy for me because I had veterinary experience. I could see how it would be stressful for someone without experience. I spent the majority of the 45 minute interview waiting for them to come back into the room when they were tag teaming.

Interview Questions

• They had me review their wellness plan and asked me to explain it to them as if they were a new client   Answer Question

Associate Veterinarian Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was with HR person and very scripted.
    Second interview was with the regional Medical Director and some other lady. They hinted at a third face to face interview that would take place if they were interested further.
    Generally a long process with interviews taking place on Friday or Monday and having to wait a few days in between to hear back. They did have the curtesy to let you know either way though.

Interview Questions

• Describe your resume and experiences, describe fav classes/interests, why are you interested in banfield.   Answer Question
    • Describe most difficult case, describe a time when you went above and beyond for a client, and time when dealt with difficult staff member.   Answer Question