Booz Allen Hamilton - Happy to have left BAH | Glassdoor

"Happy to have left BAH"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 401K and free coffee!

Cons

Company changed and for the worst once it public. Hoteling was implemented. Pink slips were given to often. Camaraderie went out the door. I enjoyed BAH for several years, but decided to leave with the new "IMPLEMENTED" culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Beware of contract overruns and lack of reimbursements for incurred travel, unethical practices.""

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I spent 5+ years with Booz. Pay and benefits were not an issue, but I hustled and traveled an inordinate amount of time, which cost me a significant amount of personal challenges and finances. Working for Booz you can get the Waterman and the t-shirt, at least resume fodder.

Cons

Booz did not look out for career and was solely based on maintaining utilization. I traveled extensively and worked high-profile presidential visible IT programs. During that time I traveled extensively, contract cost was overrun, and I left the firm with $12K they owed me or rather my corporate card for reimbursement. They also don't want you to report more hours than you work but run an average of expecting at least 41-42 hours a week for client work, unethical.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, look beyond the bottom line and operate with integrity.

"Horrible Onboarding - Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for professional development. The company offers a lot of benefits and opportunities to grow as a professional. Up to 5K a year, per employee towards certification, tuition, membership dues (to professional organizations), workshops, etc. The employees here are very collaborative, intelligent and eager to help one another. It's a culture of exceptionalism and excellence.

Cons

I was offered the job on the phone and we settled on salary. Strung along for 3.5 MONTHS without a written offer. When I finally got the written offer, it was for 9K less than I was offered on the phone (what was agreed to) and they couldn't start me till March. HR rep I dealt with was horrible at communicating. I really felt like they low-balled me and then threw salt on a wound.

Advice to Management

My advice only applies to your hiring practices. See 'Cons' section for definition of 'doing it wrong'