Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018
1,208 Interview Reviews

2.7

Summer Games Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Took a while. The recruiter was not very helpful. Applied through employee referral.
    The interview was mainly about skills I developed. There were no technical questions. I think it important to understand your resume inside and out as there are a lot of questions on the what classes you have taken and what you have done in past internships.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from past internship that you think you can apply to this internship?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I sat in a room and three different hiring managers came to me and asked me questions 1:1. 30 min for each person. It was very laid back and enjoyable. Basically just a nice conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What project are you most excited about?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you do when you hit a roadblock in your research. Give an example.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to convince someone to use a certain method or algorithm? Example?   Answer Question
    • Most questions were about things on my resume. So prepare to talk about your experiences and past projects / skills.   Answer Question
    • What kind of role are you looking for at BAH? Manager with people under you, or more technical and solitary?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Was invited to the BAH HQ in McLean, was in a group of 5 other people, but we each had our own separate interview rooms. Then met with technical engineer, then the team lead. Everything was scheduled out, in that you were given a piece of paper with the time the interview would come into the room and talk to you, how long that should take, then the same for the second interview. Took approximately and hour in total.

Interview Questions

• What is your willingness to learn?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about BAH?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you'd take to solve a technical problem? Any technical problem from a computer to code.   Answer Question
    • What is your home network setup like?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do? Or what do you want to do in your next role?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I downloaded my resume to the Corporate Grey website and within two days a recruiter contacted me regarding my credentials. After a quick phone screen I was asked for a 1:1 interview with a local representative at the Job Fair. The recruiters were excited to see my resume and interested in my Naval experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my IT experience?   1 Answer
    • How do I interacted with my leadership team and subordinates?   1 Answer
    • Have I ever had to manage a budget?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was "speed interview", where you interview with multiple teams. Multiple 30 minute interview sessions. Each session had at most 2 interviews from different teams. I interviewed with 4 teams, but it can range.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Exhausting! Four separate interviews in two hours. Had to travel on public transportation a long distance. Offered water/coffee. Contacts cordial. No immediate feedback. I had the sense they saw me as way overqualified but were curious why I would take the job.

Lead Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview process was pretty frustrating despite being referred by two different BAH employees. The first (of three) recruiter didn't know anything about the position except for what was written on the posting. After a phone interview and follow up to answer a question regarding my skillset, he set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. Of course, this was after accidentally calling me instead of another candidate to tell me I wouldn't be moving forward (luckily he called back within five mins).

At the in person interview the recruiter was fine, but the manager conducting the interview showed up 10 minutes late, wasn't even remotely familiar with my resume, and interrupted the interview to take a 3-5 minute call (without leaving the room).

Despite being an 85% or so match to the position she told me outright that I wasn't qualified for the role bc I didn't have as much depth in a certain area (which was extremely clear from a cursory review of my resume).

This was a complete waste of my time and could have been avoided with either a more specific job posting or having the manager actually read through my resume a single time before meeting (and dismissing) me.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Was referred by another prospective employee, initially interviewed by one recruiter for one position at one site, was referred to another recruiter for another site as that requirement was more immediate. Interviewed w/ that recruiter, then w/ the team, heard nothing for over two weeks despite calling and emailing. Finally got a response indicating I would not be given an offer but to expect to hear from them in the coming days regarding the initial interview for a different account. I still have yet to hear back. Very disappointed with the overall process.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Beavercreek, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a senior programmer and a manager. The interview started with some technical questions where they asked me what data structures were suitable for certain problems. They then had me code on the whiteboard. I was then asked a number of behavioral questions and questions about my experience.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Referred by Booz employee. Recruiter reached out and set up interview. Went in for interview which was not bad, just a walk through of portfolio and conversation. Great staff. Was offered position but not the salary I wanted so they offered a different role that was UX and UI hybrid. I agreed and spoke to two project managers for two projects, both of whom said they would be saying yes to me. Was asked to do a follow up phone conversation with another team but it never got set up because the recruiter stopped responding. When my referral reached out, the recruiter said they were still bringing me on board. I never heard back and it has been over two months now.

Another recruiter reached out to me about a month later for another UX Designer role but never followed up after letting me know they were discussing which team to put me on.

Recently, a THIRD recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I have not responded because there is no communication between the recruiters and it doesn't go anywhere. The process caused me to take off work and miss some meetings only to be ignored by the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Walk through my UX process and show a project I worked on.   Answer Question