Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,282 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consultant/Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I reached out to a BAH recruiter and we discussed my interests and where I might fit within BAH. He put me in touch with a senior associate who walked me through his team and the type of projects they regularly manage. He then put me in touch with two others who answered my remaining questions. It was a great process and they were super accommodating every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in data science and how much training have you had in the analysis of large data sets?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary - requested higher pay

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a recruiter from the region you are applying towards. Then a phone/skype interview with another recruiter, before moving on to a final round skype interviw with a panel of managers and a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How skilled are you in conflict resolution? Could you please tell us an example where you have demonstrated this?   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Dayton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two senior associates. They were very friendly, open and to the point. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was qualified for the position already and spoke to them regarding job conditions and expectations.

Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via Booz-Allen's careers website. Booz-Allen first contacted me about interviewing with them by phone. Because it was a Friday before I was to leave on vacation, we had a couple of subsequent phone conversations while I was on vacation. Face-to-face interview was a few days after I returned. They interviewed a few other candidates for the job after that.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the more difficult negotiations you were involved in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

They had my resume and expressed interest but then it took several weeks for them to set up an interview. I had to inquire several times before they finally set something up, and then I interviewed with two of the senior associates. They didn't seem to have much time for the interview and it was very short. I was hired but not sure it had anything to do with how I performed at my interview.

Interview Questions

• If I dropped you at the client site tomorrow, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small sign on bonus but no change in the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Have had three interviews now with two different teams so far. Both teams conducted on site interviews combining one on one and group interviews. No real surprises and plenty of candid give and take about the firm's culture, business and prospects. Very collegial, but they also were pretty artful about inserting "real" interview questions into the discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Recruiter setup date (which is apparently "interview day"). Feels a bit impersonal. SOmeone from HR gives the overview and benefits review. 3 reviewers interview you one by one. Each interviewer is designated to examine a certain aspect of your abilities. I can't recall the three viewpoints, but the recruiter tells you upfront. I came away feeling like I'd read a brochure.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth. 4 different manager had interviewed and they were impressed by my skills and H.R called me and give verbal offer and mentioned that they want me to bring on board. Their salary is decent but less compared to industry standard. They were not ready to fudge.

Interview Questions

• What was toughest challange at the project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't fudge with the salary offer. You have to wait for review after 6 months to get any hike.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2008.

Interview

An external recruiter randomly called me. I didn't even know Booz Allen existed. At the time I was at Dept. of Homeland Security and was misserable. I went in to interview and there were two guys and they were very sharp. They asked me a couple subject matter questions that were easy. About a week later, they gave me an offer with more than I asked for.

Negotiation

Make sure to ask for a good solid number. In my case I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview, that was a basic review of my resume. Was asked to setup a group panel interview which I accepted, interview lasted about 45 Minutes. Received an offer about 3 days later. Offer was what I expected them to offer, but not what I was seeking.

Interview Questions

• What machine would you use to take over network if you had choice   1 Answer
    • What work environment are you looking for   1 Answer

The offer was less than I asked for, while my asking price was reasonable based on my previous pay.