Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Not as formal as I thought it would be. It was a great conversation about my experience and skills. It was more about personality fit and the ability to connect with people. My interview was on a Friday and I got a call with an offer on the next Monday. It was very quick!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I had a video interview with three people. There weren’t any tricky questions and they seemed genuine in trying to see if the company would be a good fit. Interview was not technical.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things do you usually read outside of textbooks?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was eventually contacted by a recruiter. She called once to do a screening and a second time to ask me what my experience was like and if I liked some details about the job. She was kind of pushy about asking about my salary requirements but ... unfortunately all of these consultant firms are. Things were a bit crazy, understandably so because of COVID-19. So after 2 weeks of waiting I was handed off to another recruiter who re-asked some screening questions and again about my salary requirements. Then I waited another month and was handed off to a 3rd recruiter a week later I had my first real interview. This handing off process was the worst part of it but after that the interviews were conducted professionally.

The first interview was conversational and about programming and Python and what I’ve done in various languages. Then there were some questions about my background. They wanted a few technical questions but because I had experience doing those things it was framed more from a “How did you solve this problem?” point of view and “Are you comfortable doing X?” Etc... So as long as you didn’t lie on your resume about being qualified you should be confident and able to answer these no problem. They basically just want to know that you actually have the experience that the screening process established.

The next interview was from a senior member of the client’s team and was technical at first about databases type questions and then it shifted to individual working style, team based working style, and leadership based stuff like “How would you handle —blank— problem with a co-worker?” and “Give me how you approach a typical work day where you have to do —blank— task.?” as well as questions about what makes a good project.

After about almost 2 more weeks I got an offer over the phone where I was asked to accept or reject and was then followed up with an official letter with the same information.

I don’t think it’s very professional to ask for a yes/no directly on the phone like that but I could tell based on current events that this was happening in a rushed manor on their end and I actually really wanted this job so I could understand their POV here.

Needless to say I’ve worked with the firm’s professionals in the past and I know they run a tight ship so I was excited to accept an offer despite the ups and downs and waiting.

Interview Questions

• “How would you approach having a conflict with a client’s staff member who is known to be difficult?”   Answer Question

Communications Specialist, Junior Interview

Interview

I applied for the job at 10 am and received a rejection email four hours later. It was very odd but I chalk it up to the company looking for specifications that I just don’t have. I do wonder how competitive an applicant must be when the posting only asks for you to have 1 year of work experience, including internships. Even with a MA degree, FT work and internships under my belt, it seems like they want candidates who have some experience in government or politics. I also wasn’t offered any feedback on why my application was rejected so swiftly, that quick turn around was rather unusual.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't able to get an beyond an application submission.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2020.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a recruiter who then passed off my information to the hiring team. Followed by a phone interview with a senior consultant and a final round with a panel. All in all was a relatively smooth process and the team was super helpful throughout.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was a one hour phone interview due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Two teams of two people each took 30 minutes to ask questions. Neither team was listening for the other teams questions. Neither team repeated any questions and both teams asked question about different topics.

Mission Strategy Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process was held by three individuals back to back with a 30 minute time frame for each. Style was conversational and very laid back. I could see myself working for either three individuals.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

A rigorous process of both personal and technical competency evaluation ensuring I was both a good team fit and capable of performing the job. I was interviewed by multiple people representing various parts of the team in a multistage process to ensure I was Booz Allen material.

Interview Questions

• Describe a traceroute and why you would use it.   1 Answer

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through a recruiter. over the phone call with the recruiter took about 30 or so minutes and consisted of conversations about my career what i have done and where i would like to go in the future.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very thorough and interesting process. I had a few phone interviews and then one on the Hirevue app. The fact that they're still hiring and interviewing during this time is very promising.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. Then a video interview with a manager and an engineer. The interview was relaxing. They asked some questions about my coursework and past projects.