Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,183 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiter was so disorganized, never called when he said he would. Couldn't answer even basic questions about the job or the company. Just a really messy experience

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I interviewed with three different people. One was involved with new hire training, and the other two were from different departments that I had applied to. All three conversations were separate and the whole interview lasted about 90 minutes. They each asked me to tell them about myself, and after a few general questions they described what they did. The whole process was fairly laid back, but being prepared on why specifically you want to do the job you applied for and why you want to work for booz are definite advantages.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Recruiter called- set up an interview . It was a hiring event, 1 interview with the manager, lasted about 45 mins. Got a verbal offer 2 days later, waiting on a formal offer.

General Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied through a posting on my school's job site and was invited to an on campus interview. It was a 30 minute one on one interview that included mostly behavioral questions and a informal case question.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter (roughly 15 minutes). Then interviewed with manager and director. Heard back via phone call following week with an offer and accepted it. Started working 2 weeks after that

Digital Solutions Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was told by my recruiter that the interview would be behavioral only, but in the interview I was asked one behavioral question, then the rest of the hour was spent answering technical questions. I felt very unprepared in that respect. Still, the interviewer was very polite and nice. I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks after the interview, at which point I followed up with my recruiter to ask about the status of my application. Rather than responding to my email, I was forwarded a generic email saying they had decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• High-level questions about concepts like cloud computing, etc. Quite a few questions about database design.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very approachable and friendly. I met with a senior leader during an information session adn scheduled an interview for immediately afterwards. It didn't feel like there were any trick questions or gotchas, it was all just trying to get a sense of what I wanted in a career and if that matched up with the work this team was doing.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, my background, interest in consulting, etc. No case studies.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

The recruiter who initially invited me to phone screen had referenced a job I never even applied for. After pointing that out we agreed to conduct a phone screen on a certain day and time only to see that the recruiter sent an invitation email for a time and date we never agreed upon. After passing the phone screen, the recruiter informed me when my interview was to take place. A few days later I was contacted by another recruiter and informed that I am scheduled to interview the next day, which was not what the original recruiter had told me. When I informed that recruiter that I was told by the other it was to be held on X date and X time, they responded tersely stating they know what I was told but that they are not going to be able to interview at that time. I got the sense that the recruiters were disorganized and very impersonal. I was very put off by this company's rude front line workers and will not be pursuing employment with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your background that would prevent you from obtaining a security clearance?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

They asked mostly technical questions about my skills and experience. Had an in-person interview and a phone interview. Prompted me to ask my own questions about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe the compilation process from source to final product in as much detail as you can.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Call from HR, Technical Panel Interview over Phone. Overall it was smooth until the end of the technical interview. Then silence. I tried to reach to the hiring manager - no response. I tried to reach to the HR - silence. It is extremely rude and unprofessional for such a big company to keep silent after the interview. It has been more than 3 weeks and they didn't even send an email about a rejection. I interviewed with many companies but I believe this is the worst experience. I was a perfect match for the rule and the requirements and they cannot say I am not a fit. I believe they must have someone with a reference and they consider him/her but it doesn't justify their disrespect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a fit for this role?
      Was there a time when you did not agree with your supervisor?
      Tell us about a project you are proud.   Answer Question