Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews
86% would recommend to a friend
(8322 total reviews)
Horacio D. Rozanski
92% approve of CEO
Found 8,322 of over 9K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Booz Allen Hamilton
Federal, Government, and Public Sector
a month ago
Booz Allen Hamilton
Get a technical masters or no? Want to stay at Booz or similar fed contracting company. Transitioned into a tech career two years ago. Won't pay out of pocket, will take five years a class at a time. Plan on working another 20 years.
Got a burning question about Booz Allen Hamilton? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Booz Allen Hamilton employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and my experience was that the organization treated me really well." (in 787 reviews)
- "Great people and energy at work" (in 618 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance and very flexible when it comes to work location for off client site." (in 540 reviews)
- "Good pay and the people I work with on a daily basis are great." (in 267 reviews)
- "Interesting work and Great culture" (in 258 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and unequal." (in 227 reviews)
- "Poor management particularly with career and reporting managers who rule with an iron fist." (in 223 reviews)
- "Career Managers and senior leadership don't seem to care what happens once you're placed on a project." (in 201 reviews)
- "Hope you get a good Manager and not someone who's there because of their title." (in 152 reviews)
- "NO bonus below the Sr Associate level (a level equivalent to Assistant Director)" (in 92 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Booz Allen Hamilton and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 14, 2023Senior Master SchedulerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsWarren, MI
Great pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, more), and opportunities to grow your career through training and developmental jobs (6 months to 2 years, trying out a new job/position).
No real cons. Every now and then you'll come across a manager who isn't very good, but that happens anywhere.2
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Junior Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Has kept workplace flexibility with allowing remote work where possible. No micromanaging, flexibility when it comes to taking PTO. Everyone is proud of the work they do and morale is high. Work life balance is fantastic - 40 hours a week and that’s it. I’m really happy with my decision to work here and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how good the company culture is compared with other consulting firms. My pay is also really great for the location and expectations.
Good luck finding uncleared work. Also, it seems the population of the company leans on the older side so I hope they can continue to attract younger people.1
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Staff TechnologistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBeavercreek, OH
The company clearly strives to put their employees in the best possible scenario for them. The "feel like part of something bigger" vibe is something they legitimately want people to experience. If I didn't enjoy the role I'm currently in, I would have no hesitation about talking to my career leader and getting support to find a new position within Booz. The work life balance has been fantastic, and hybrid flexibility is awesome. I have great relationships with the other developers on my team, and enjoy chatting with people on different projects within the office. Pay and benefits are also definitely above average - the base healthcare plan is free and they have a 6% 401k match.
After a little less than a year here, I genuinely have nothing bad to say about my experience so far
- 5.0Sep 18, 2023Senior Full Stack EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLake Oswego, OR
* _Excellent_ support for pursuing certificates while 'on the bench' looking for a project * Generally positive work environment (but I imagine this can vary significantly depending on project and area of the company you're working in) * Big company benefits (broad range of benefits, not necessarily _the best_ though - my deductible doubled.. eek) - listing as both a pro and con * Lots of potential to move to new projects / fields of interest if you feel comfortable with informal networking and hunting projects down * Insulation from start-up vulnerability (though funding for government contracting certainly comes with its own ebb and flow) * Generally speaking, excellent culture
* Big company benefits (broad range of benefits, not necessarily _the best_ though - my deductible doubled.. eek) - listing as both a pro and con * Easy to get lost in a big company, advocating for yourself and networking are essential ingredients of a good career at Booz Allen * Very locked down machines. All of the security restrictions / processes takes some getting used to. * Clearance process can definitely feel invasive and the process requires a lot of patience.1
- 5.0Nov 5, 2023Senior Lead TechnologistCurrent Employee
I have been witness to multiple instances of unethical behavior being promptly reported to management and corrected. I am impressed with the overall benefits, although the parental leave policy could use some updating for the current time. There is a lot of room for mobility within the company, and the process for getting promoted is more transparent than in comparable institutions.
Your day-to-day experiences are greatly influenced by having a good direct manager -- both internally within the company and on client site. I have seen many incredible employees leave either because of an overwhelming awful experience with a client OR because their direct manager was not attentive enough to help them reach their long-term career goals.
- 4.0Sep 24, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- they recruit a lot of junior people from diverse backgrounds, if you fall into those categories you're probably good to get a job after college - lots of remote jobs - people don't get fired on the spot, the're put on the bench - lots of variety of projects to choose from
- lots of old ways of thinking and semi condescending hierarchy obsessed leadership folks. Very old way of doing things, I don't think the company's leaders are aware of how archaic the company is considering they've pretty much all only worked at the form (and have 15/20/30 year seniority doing so) - pretty standard or low pay for technical roles. I make 100K with 5 years experience as a designer and am now a PM. A fellow PM that's more senior (5 years at BAH then 10 years as a whole) makes 150 despite doing really impactful work. - Sometimes very hectic, bad people basically get peanuts of work to do and never get laid off which is annoying. good people can get worked to the bone.6
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Deputy Assistant Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTampa, FL
support to the employees is amazing. Time on the Bench is paid, and the medical benefits, etc. are all solid.
transparency is an issue as is promotion cycle and growth potential. Yes, there are multiple openings to fill, however once in a position, realizing growth in salary is a log slog. Starting at a reasonable level is critical.1
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearManassas, VA
Great team, career leaders, benefits, growth opportunities...all top notch
Nothing to share, all aspects have beeb positive
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Automation EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
work life balance depending on your role, mixture of onsite/remote
while nothing is perfect, I don't have a truly negative experience But maybe that they offer an option of about 5k to use for training, classes, etc., but would be even better and retain more people if you could use that 5k per year to pay off student loans.
Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews FAQs
Booz Allen Hamilton has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 8,830 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Booz Allen Hamilton to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Booz Allen Hamilton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Booz Allen Hamilton 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.