Cengage - Marketing Coordinator | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Marketing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cengage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cengage has great benefits for a recently graduated student such as a flexible schedule, travel, and benefits. I have been working at Cengage for 4 months and I am lucky to be working on an incredibly supportive team. I am lucky to call so many intelligent people my coworkers. I feel like I have learned so much about marketing and seen how passionate they are about the industry and the products we have. I also am very appreciative of upper-level management always including me in different meetings for learning opportunities. It's great to be exposed to different departments to see if I want to explore different career paths. The office really tries to create a fun working environment for their employees. Since Cengage is such a big company with offices everywhere it's great to make connections from across the country.

Cons

For a lower position, I feel like the workload often varies, slower days occur more than often. I think this is because upper-level positions are so buried in their own work they often don't have time to mentor. Sometimes the office can be really slow since people's work from home days vary.

Advice to Management

Focus on the growth of employees within the department.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Kevin Stone Announcement"

I have been working at Cengage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative, visionary leadership -student focused-believes in what they do.

Cons

Letting Kevin Stone leave Cengage

Advice to Management

You are crazy to let Kevin Stone leave. He is a huge reason I work here. He created the culture we have at Cengage now. He is the reason we are as successful as we are. He has amazing future strategic vision. However, everyone knows that great plans alone are not the answer to problems. The key to successful plans, is really successful implementation. There are not many executives that have both vision and execution excellence and/or are willing to do the work of both. Although these 2 skills are really important, I find the main one is heart, it is a rare trait of executives (or many people now days) to have this-- where they care more about doing what they believe in. He is very easy to follow and trust as his words match his actions. This is the reason Cengage is successful.
    Please find a way to keep him at Cengage. It would be a huge loss for Cengage.

2. "Good Company"

I worked at Cengage full-time

Pros

Benefits are real good and upper management is positive

Cons

Supervisor lacks experience in his role

Discover more reviews about Cengage.