Cengage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 323 of over 323 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Cengage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage in Mar 2019

Interview

Had 6 interviews. One on ones with the manager and their manager and then group interviews with various other people I would be working with. Everyone was friendly and not too intimidating, but definitely got asked meaty questions.

Interview Questions
  • Went down the list of technical skills I had one my resume and asked me brief questions about each of them.
    Answer Question

Cengage

Application

I interviewed at Cengage

Interview

The recruiter was very responsive and straightforward interview process. They take their time, but you will interview with plenty of people on the team that you are interviewing for. All standard interview questions, no tests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage

Application

I interviewed at Cengage

Interview

Very simple video interview scheduled via email. It was streamlined and efficient. Everyone was very nice and easygoing. All in all great company. There were no difficult questions and it wasn’t stressful at all.

Interview Questions
  • Usual items like questions about strengths and weaknesses. Customer service based inquiries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Raleigh, NC) in Jun 2021

Interview

You complete meetings with different team members each round. There are about three or four rounds and each time, you meet with people in different roles who you would be establishing relationships with if given the job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize when given multiple tasks to complete?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage (Austin, TX)

Interview

Very unprofessional and lengthy process. Total of seven interviews, one final one being a group panel presentation that took me 9 hrs to prepare. Whole process of interviewing lasted a month. On the day of my presentation even though two people were invited to the panel a total of five showed up. If I knew there were going to be five I would have designed a different presentation. Icing on the cake was that their demo login to show how I mastered their product usage was broken. So I lost a large part of what I had prepared because of their tech systems not working. 3 days after the group panel interview I got a call saying I didn’t get an offer and they went with someone else. It is what it is but I would not recommend bothering with the process because it is too lengthy and laborious. Wasted a lot of my time for nothing and incompetence. Probably did me a favor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage in Apr 2021

Interview

30 minutes, on Zoom video call, very relaxing, engaging, friendly. I felt welcomed and it like I was talking to a peer. The interviewer asked relevant questions, and responded thoroughly to my questions asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage in Apr 2021

Interview

I had the first round of interviews where one manager was on and if you "passed" you the next manager came on about 1/2 way through to finish. Here's what's the most disheartening part, HR/Recruiting will not respond to any requests for updates. I thought I had a great interview then heard nothing, so I followed up and they completely ignored the emails. And I didn't even hound them...just 2 emails to find out where they were in the process, but no response at all.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing earth shattering...typical sales questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was a HR screening interview and it was respectful and engaging. I was given the space to talk and walk the recruiter through my resume. The recruiter also explained the job description really clearly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage

Interview

Extremely lengthy interview process. Over the course of several weeks I met with 3 people. In person and online via video chat. I honestly didn’t think the comp at was a good fit for me, but after so much time invested in the interview, the professional thing to do would be to follow up and let me know that I wasn’t selected and formally end the interview process. This was not the case and I simply never heard back from the woman who recruited me. Absolutely ridiculous.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA)

Interview

I sent in a letter, my resume, and a link to my writing portfolio. The HR contact was super polite and emailed for times/dates when I could interview. When I sent her my availability, she responded that the manager wanted me two take a couple of writing tests. Nowhere in the job posting did it mention anything about writing tests. I wouldn’t have applied if it did; as a freelancer, I avoid these types of situations since I’ve been burned in the past — working hard on a sample project just to be ghosted after turning it in. And the same thing happened here: I completed the two “tests” (they were very simple - copy edit/suggest ways to make an email and a flyer better), and then I never heard from the HR contact again.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Talked to manager, then hiring manager along with recruitment HR person. Conversation was a bit chaotic and in the end realized contract for them meant W2 temp and I meant 1099. Negotiations would have been different if I'd checked my assumption early on.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 323 Interviews