Employee Review

Current Employee

Excellent place to work

Oct 12, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I love the most about Eventbrite is the office / work culture that it has created. I have never experienced anything like it before. The company proves over and over again that it truly cares for their employees in each department. Additionally, there seems to be plenty of room to grow here too.

Cons

If I had to find a con, it would probably be that the company has grown so much over the years, so ongoing and clear communication could be improved from top down; however, it's not a serious issue for me.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Easily the best place to work

Aug 11, 2021 - Product Design
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite has excellent values that they actually live by. They put their users above all else. Team members are treated like family. Extremely generous PTO and benefits. We are encouraged to take time off to better our communities. There's ample room for growth.

Cons

Like anywhere, there are opportunities for improvements in communication between teams and different segments of the business. That said, leadership is always working on ways to improve in this area.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing this and we'll continue to work hard on the culture! Excited to share our new engagement data with all staff this week - DH

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid this company

Aug 20, 2021 - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, I’m not sure I can find any pros for this outfit. The only thing they have going for them is their reach, but it’s dwindling fast as other companies catch up and surpass them in all regards, culture, product, strategy. Also, you are free to be awful at your job and do almost zero work if the right people (CEO and minions) like you.

Cons

Eventbrite is what is known as a sycophantic culture. You MUST drink the very scary orange cool aid aggressively pushed into your face from the CEO all the way down to the sheep like ICs. It’s very disturbing. If you don’t chug it and finish with a cheeky orange grin, you are ostracized. Even worse, if you speak up and/or raise an idea contrary to the company line, you are put out to pasture, ignored, excluded and ultimately made useless. I’ve never seen an organization that is so roundly dysfunctional and brainwashed. The irony is that they champion their “culture,” but it is little more than window dressing, the core of which is forced indoctrination with a splash of frivolous and ultimately valueless “perks.” Leadership is a hot mess and in way over their heads. Strategy is non-existent. Merit is ignored, while high school level cliques and favoritism reign. Again, another irony being that good ideas and novel thoughts are pushed aside despite the dire need for innovation and a fresh perspective. No sour grapes here. I only lasted a few months because I saw the writing on the wall early. Not to mention that they have abandoned some of the very most important players in the event space for who knows what reason after making the pandemic an excuse to cut most of the company lose to make up for horrendous business decisions (TicketFly acquisition). Sound like Silicon Valley disaster? Sound like the type of solid future you’d like to be a part of? You’d be better off joining a cult. No wonder that most of the bright people left or were pushed out. What remains is a weak group of groveling boot lickers. Don’t join this company.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Bummer you only lasted a few months! It's this type of positive, constructive thinking that society needs more of. Lol. Best of luck to you (and whatever organization is getting these vibes). In the meantime, for the casual reader: our employee engagement (morale) is near a 3-year high. Our totally not sour grapes author here maybe didn't see that employee confidence in the strategy is up 27 points YoY. Great place to be for the right talent! - DH

Discover more reviews about Eventbrite.