Eventbrite Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2020

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 16 reviews)

• "Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules(in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture and employee benefits!

Cons

The company grew and did not have the space to accommodate the employees at the time, they made some changes, but they will most likely need a new office.

2. "Cool"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They leave you alone for the most part.

Cons

No much rooms for upward movement

"Lack of vision, focus, and integrity"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

- tons talent & experience with individual contributors - strong marketing tools

Cons

- Leadership was often weak and uninformed - Company goals shifted often, making it impossible to deliver - Massive amount of technical debt / ineffective triaging of long standing issues - Tone deaf to needs of music customers

June 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing this input. We're hopeful to make progress in the areas you highlighted here. Best of luck in your next gig! - DH

4. "Well meaning. Falls short"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of perks. Was exciting for a while during IPO

Cons

Disorganized. Over processed. Don’t walk their talk.

June 23, 2020

Thanks for your contributions to Eventbrite during such a formative few years. Best of luck in your next role! - DH

"Enduring culture, despite change"

5.0

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good-hearted and smart people Good brand Hiring good leaders Detailed communications Improving in how we work

Cons

Tough circumstances with the RIF recently Need to better articulate strategies Pivot more into virtual events

6. COVID-19

"Used to be a great place to work, but has crumbled in recent years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-People: Despite an incredibly understaffed recruiting team, Eventbrite has traditionally hired really amazing, talented and motivated people. (That said, a majority have left over the past 3 years or were let go in the recent 45% layoffs.) -Ability to make an impact: Have felt that in all my roles there was opportunity to make a measurable impact on the business -Great office location & decent benefits -Eventbrite often promotes from within and/or encourages movement within the company, which is great -I think Eventbrite intends to care about culture and communication and wants to improve both. I don't feel that's been successful during my time here, but I do believe they want to improve.

Cons

-Poor executive leadership - Has gotten better since Lanny Baker (CFO) arrived, but over the past few years leadership from above has turned over constantly, and messaging has been inconsistent and uninspiring. -Knee-jerk changes of direction constantly - constantly switching priorities & restructuring every 10 months -CEO is all fluff. She's great at the vague, motivational speeches, but doesn't provide any true strategic leadership -On the low end of the pay scale for SF -Actions don't match words. They say they care about certain things, but don't back that up with the decisions they make

May 12, 2020

Hey - appreciate your feedback here on both fronts. Agree on the importance of alignment. I think we're aligned at the exec level but understand we need to do more work to articulate our direction more and more, particularly in the COVID world we're in. Many thanks for the 5+ years and all you've done to build Eventbrite. Good luck on the next chapter! - DH

7. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great benefits (unlimited vacation, free lunch, commuter benefits, etc.). Lots of opportunity to do work that impacts the whole company. Strong culture of experimentation, learning from the past, and continuous improvement.

Cons

Top level leadership has shown a willingness to experiment, admit when they're wrong, and change direction... unfortunately they seem to make a lot of wrong guesses and not many right ones.

May 19, 2020

Many thanks for this constructive feedback - DH

8. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, free lunch everyday, great people and overall great culture. Overall I felt like my voice was heard the majority of the time

Cons

My sales team sometime felt forgotten about. Covid-19 basically wiped out the whole company

April 24, 2020

Thank you for sharing and best of luck on your next adventure - DH

"Great company with amazing people"

Former Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Talented, driven coworkers - Belief in the mission - Creativity in all areas

Cons

- The lower end of pay in the area

April 17, 2020

Thanks for this feedback and best of luck on whatever comes next. And many thanks for all you did for Eventbrite during your tenure! - DH

10. COVID-19

"Engineering"

1.0
     in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of free LaCroix and an oatmeal bar. Great place to coast if you don't want to be aid much.

Cons

Strategic vision changes at least twice a year. Reorgs happen frequently. CEO plays favorites. Most of the best people I worked with we're let go due to Covid-19. The pay is extremely low for the Bay Area. I increased my salary 25% when I left. Too many people coasting and not doing much of anything. Middle management is only slightly worse than estaff. This used to be the best job in San Francisco. Seriously, the best job in San Francisco. I don't understand why anyone with any talent in product and engineering would work here. No pay. No future. I doubt the company will survive the year.

May 12, 2020

I hear you. Glad you landed somewhere that is right for you and hope you do well on your journey. Thanks for the 3+ years you devoted to Eventbrite. - DH

Found 346 reviews