Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Pros
  • Finally, incredible respect for work life balance (in 27 reviews)

• I couldn't ask for a better work/life balance (in my position, you can work from home (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Some growing pains as the company is still growing (in 9 reviews)

• Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to develop your career"

Former Employee - Briteling Experience in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Briteling Experience in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

-Challenging problems to work on
    - Company Culture
    -Benefits & perks are up to par with the big silicon valley tech companies
    -Out of the box thinking on people programs
    -Leaders provide you autonomy which helps you fast track development
    -Leaders are truly invested in creating a career best experience for employees
    -Employees really care about the company and a majority put in 200% effort
    -I came across some of the kindest & smartest people i've met in my career at Eventbrite
    -I wouldn't have left the company if I hadn't moved out of the area

Cons

-Communication across the different functions can be complicated at times. But most companies experience similar communication challenges when rapidly scaling. Leadership was receptive to this feedback. At the time I left, they were focused on solving for this and finding the right balance of communication.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Need to focus more on the people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very cool company to work for; often host events or have volunteer opportunities at events we work with; free lunch, dinner, and lots of snacks; gym benefits; massage on site; growing company; travel opportunities.

Cons

Very low pay compared to the average for SF; recently had layoffs due to expanding in Nashville for sales; more focused on a potential IPO than their employees (don't put the people first); limited transparency.

Advice to Management

Remember to focus on your people and get back to your roots of caring about everyone's happiness. Be more transparent about company choices.

3. "not a bad place to work, kinda boring work"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has a great office with great culture. Things can be intense with many type A personalities with fast pace daily routines. But everyone worked hard and my team got very close even outside of work.

Cons

My role was repetitive and felt menial at times. Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules. Early hours were not that enjoyable either.

Advice to Management

Don't ignore the little guy. Keep the culture of a tech company, rather than what the entertainment or music industry purports. An IPO isn't always the most important thing.

5. "Exciting Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Eventbrite is a company where you can grow in your career.
    - Employee morale is high and it's due to the company culture.
    - Managers are experienced and the CEO is delightful.

Cons

- Conference rooms are confusing :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite (Less than a year)

Pros

Very energetic and fun company culture. Had a very helpful training experience and loved my manager. Awesome leaders and amazing people working within the company.

Cons

Eventbrite went through a reduction of workforce in December 2016.

"Avoid the Finance Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely a fun atmosphere with a great work space

Cons

I heard a lot of bad things about the Finance team before I joined but I didn't think that it would impact me. Thought I'd dealt with difficult situations before and could always succeed. I thrive in challenging situations. But this place is beyond difficult and challenging. It's just out-right impossible. Upper-management has illogical expectations, constantly changing their minds on how they want the processes to be handle. Kind of just running the Finance teams by trial-and-error. Very difficult to work for with the blame-game mentality. Did not appreciate the team members and all the hard work, long hours, and constant change they were putting on the team. Worse corporate experience of my life.

Advice to Management

Establish the process and stop trying to reinvent the wheel of processes that already work. Stabilize and create some structure.

Eventbrite Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Eventbrite

First, I am sorry for your experience at Eventbrite. This is not the experience I want anyone to have on the Finance and Strategy team. This can't have been pleasant for you and I empathize with the ... More

"Cheerleaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lunches, snacks, and general office comfort level is good. Culture is mostly friendly and easy going. Leadership knows how to generate excitement.

Cons

Youth-oriented cheerleader culture that starts to seem superficial after a while. It is great if you are young and hang out after-hours with your coworkers, not so great if you are older and have a family or a life separate from work.

Engineering has a heavy technical debt burden.

Leadership puts on a good show about being transparent and supportive of everyone in the organization. Then people at all levels disappear suddenly and you start to see that there's a harsher reality under the surface.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is solely for the Sales Department as I can't speak for the rest of the company. Originally, I came to Eventbrite for the people, and they are still what keep me here. Awesome, motivated individuals work here and it's a pleasure to come to work each day and learn from them.

Cons

Unfortunately, as of late morale has been at an all time low. In an effort to become profitable, the company has been letting valuable individuals go without any explanation to the rest of the team. This has resulted in a culture of fear and feelings of being disposable. Sales leadership doesn't make an effort to retain smart, driven and reliable employees, and Sales employees don't feel valued or heard by Sales leadership, creating a rift and a very top-down driven atmosphere. I wish I could say I feel like I could grow my career at Eventbrite but in it's current state, I feel disposable, overworked, underpaid, and frustrated.

Advice to Management

- Value your employees! Adopt less of an us versus you attitude and cultivate a culture of teamwork between Account Managers + Account Executives Alike

Eventbrite Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Eventbrite

I agree that we get to work with truly incredible people every day! It's one of the reasons I love working at Eventbrite as well. Change can always be hard, and I hear your feedback and concerns. I ... More

10. "Strategic Account Executive"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in La Grange Park, IL
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in La Grange Park, IL

I worked at Eventbrite (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and fun place to work

Cons

Company needs to think outside the box more

11. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Some of the best engineers I've worked with, not just in their intelligence but personality and willingness to help without judgment
    - Transparent culture with great people, who are both co-workers and friends
    - Healthy work life balance
    - Standard tech company perks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, juice bar, etc.

Cons

- No 401k matching or annual bonuses, but you have stock options

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work! Lots of growth opportunities, so be smart on choosing the right ones and keep hiring the best