Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

"Loved Eventbrite!"

Pros

I can’t say enough great things about my time at
    Eventbrite in the San Francisco office. All of the managers including the Executive level were supportive and compassionate. They exemplified what you’d want from leadership, taking the time to consider how changes and shakeups were communicated and anticipating what our concerns might be. After going through a particularly hard time in my life, I decided to take some time off for some much needed self care. My manager and coworkers were nothing short of supportive and non judgemental. The work was exciting and challenging.

Cons

Finding a room to have a meeting in was near impossible. There were a few people that were a bit self-important. However, you could tell that management was aware of them and managed around them when necessary.

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

3. "Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
    * Great work-life balance.
    * Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
    * Free lunches
    * Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
    * Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
    * If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
    * As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

"Great place"

Pros

The overwhelming majority of employees at Eventbrite are kind, hard working, empathetic and capable. The open office plan allows for cross departmental collaboration in ways that many other companies fail to do. The executive managers are incredibly smart, creative and humble people, which is why their employees work so hard for them.

Cons

There will always be a few bad apples. Eventbrite has a few of these who made work difficult at times but they were far and in between.

Oct 29, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. If there's anything in particular you want to share with me, you know where to contact me.

5. "Marketing"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

The people are smart and hardworking

Cons

Lots of competing and constantly shifting priorities.

Oct 29, 2018

Hi there - thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to simplify our strategy and realize that in a fast growth environment, there's a great need for excellent communication and context... More

6. "Sales Development Representative at Eventbrite"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace culture. Great benefits, monthly wellness stipend, free lunch everyday, keg in the kitchen, happy hours all the time, pet friendly, ping pong table.

Cons

On the sales side - mostly young, outgoing recent college grads. Can feel a bit like high school or college (sort of fratty).

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well!! Be a little more transparent about the nature of the SDR role on the front end for someone who doesn't have experience in a call center.

Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for your great feedback here - I appreciate the specificity.

"Best workplace"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The SF office has all the amenities you could ask for. Plenty of meeting rooms, large cafeteria with free breakfast once a week, lunch 4 days a week and dinner twice a week. All the snacks and drinks you want. Awesome people to work with!

Cons

Salary and stocks a little on the lower side compares to other tech companies.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're always looking at our compensation practices and leveling including the overall total rewards and in comparison to the local area. Please keep the feedback coming... More

"Hope you like Orange Koolaid"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work closely with.

Cons

Less so the people I don't work closely with, including the muddly section of middle management that seem to have forgotten the value of communication.

Oct 29, 2018

I'm sorry to hear your experience working here and would love to hear more in order to help guide our communication practices going forward.

9. "Refreshing experience"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Agile Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of freedom to be me and use my skills and talents. I find the environment welcoming, warm, and collaborative.

Cons

Though I've not yet been told no on training and conference spending. I'm also unclear how the decisions are made. I'd like more clarity here.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and also for the request to hear more about how decisions are made! That's helpful in guiding where we can be more precise in our communication.

-- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Regaining Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a bumpy road for the past few years, it feels like we're finally getting back on track in a lot of ways. Some things stayed good throughout the difficulties - good coworkers, good work/life balance, a positive atmosphere, and the priceless opportunity to work alongside the talented and hilarious Randy Befumo.

Cons

HR is still getting back on its feet, so a lot of the issues on that side are still not under control. Benefits are good, but salaries still aren't competitive against similarly-sized companies in the Bay Area.

A lot of folks are operating like we're still a startup underdog, but others expect us to act like a huge, cautious company. That tension can be confusing and leads to mixed messages from our leaders. Not everyone in a leadership position is qualified or ready to lead other people, so be prepared to lean on their peers for help.

We were largely centralized in SF for a really long time, so the transition to being a global company with teams spanning continents has been a tricky one. I think we will get there, but it's a painful thing to navigate while we figure it out.

Advice to Management

Your employees notice the positive steps you've taken over the last year or so. Sometimes we might seem like we'll never be satisfied, but it's only because we believe in the fundamentals of the company and want to see it become truly amazing.

Make sure the leaders in the middle of the org chart are delivering messages consistent with those at the top, and that everyone's actions are consistent with their words.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your point of view! As a member of the team for a few years, you've definitely seen evolution - that's for sure. :) .

I appreciate your advice to be thoughtful about upcoming... More