Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Eventbrite CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains(in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great coworkers, great culture, and interesting challenges - what more could you ask for?"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great career opportunities here - lots of intracompany mobility. There are a lot of really tenured engineers at Eventbrite because people like the work culture, their coworkers, and with all of the opportunities within the company there's always an interesting next project.

Cons

Dev environment and release process need improvements. There's still a lot of work to be done to break out of the monolithic codebase.

2. "Best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

- We have a great educational culture. For me, the most important thing I was looking for was investment in my engineering education, and that's happened on both a team/manager level and department wide. We have many internal educational programs (lectures, workshops, funding for conferences and educational materials, mentorship program, access to Udemy courses, etc), and my managers have been fully supportive of helping...

Cons

The internal development environment has been really difficult to work with in the past - lots of lost time and productivity. We don't have an official QA department. That sometimes is a bit concerning. Sometimes our internal culture isn't as cohesive as I would like - both SF wide and engineering as well. I do feel connected to other offices, as we have had opportunity to visit and work with each other which...

3. "Great company"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits, company culture, basically everything.

Cons

Nothing honestly, other than pay.

"A tech company with heart."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

* Executives truly care about their employees and speak authentically to us * Nice selection of benefits * Excellent team and culture * Work life balance is real * Career mobility is real * Our business is unusually tangible: tickets and live experience which lead to feeling a good sense of accomplishment from the work we do

Cons

* Like most tech companies, or any companies, YMMV depending on team/manager.

• "Great Culture, Mission and Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Brand Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A very welcoming and fun culture with opportunities to grow and learn. Everyone here is very passionate about all aspects of live events and believes in our mission. Great work-life balance. Hard working colleagues who care.

Cons

No clear path of how to be promoted within and what my career path looks like at Eventbrite. Lack of meeting rooms and quiet places in work in the SF office. The office tends to feel chaotic.

Advice to Management

I'd love to see more woman get promoted internally and more diversity among middle management and leadership.

• "Great Place, Incredible People"

Former Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

A driven, relatively transparent company which pays attention and cares for its employees happiness. Lots of opportunities to bond with your team and do fun things to break up your work day. One of the best jobs I’ll ever have! Had a great manager, but can’t say that for everyone. Great work life balance and perks.

Cons

Pay is not great unless you’re a hustler. I encourage anyone looking for a job there to hustle their worth because Eventbrite will often under pay. They should strive to pay above market rate.

Advice to Management

Be open to your teams desire to grow, and be happy with compensating them to match their worth.

Eventbrite Response

March 2, 2019

Thank you for being a great part of our story! I appreciate the feedback you have on pay. While we want Britelings to openly advocate for their career growth, we also want to be fair in pay, equity, and benefits — an important part of the whole package. — Julia Hartz, CEO

• "Disrupting Tech"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great leadership and growing really fast

Cons

With such fast growth, they ran into growing pains

• "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The culture, environment, and people in the Nashville office are amazing. The office has easily doubled in size and the culture hasn't changed a bit. The leaders genuinely care about you as a person and you'll never feel like you're "just another number" here. I can honestly say that I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Cons

The compensation should be re-evaluated due to the rising cost of living in Nashville, but the benefits and perks are amazing!

• "Taken Care Of"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been amazed at how much Eventbrite invests in me not only as an employee, but also as a person. I'm encouraged to be my best self, to spend time with my family, and also just have fun. There is a clear trajectory for me as an engineer, and a fantastic amount of transparency from our leadership.

Cons

Grant it, I've only been here since June of 2018, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with any cons at this point. :)

• "Strong company enduring the chaos."

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Strong, hard-working workforce that is committed to the success of the company. Amazing office with tons of amenities.

Cons

At times the culture can suffer due to unbalanced workloads. Hypergrowth pace causes instability and stress.

Advice to Management

Try to balance the chaos of hypergrowth with stability via processes and schedules.

Found 294 reviews