KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Eventbrite and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great tech culture without 'big company' bureaucracy

Apr 29, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite is a great place to work. The mission of bringing the world together through live experiences is something that is very easy to get behind. The brand is well-known globally. The product is loved by its users, and is still continually improving, with a focus on empowering event creators to focus on their businesses by providing tools to make it easy to promote and maintain their events. The company and leadership truly believe in giving employees flexibility and a true work-life balance, through initiatives such as "Britebreak Fridays", where all employees take the first Friday of the month off. With respect to tech, while the team is working through modernizing infrastructure and decomposing a monolith, there is tremendous room for impact on all levels, and very little bureaucracy in the way of proceeding in ways to move things forward.

Cons

The migration from a legacy, monolithic technical architecture, and accompanying org structure, to a future of microservices and full-stack team ownership is a journey, and one that is not without struggle and ambiguity at times. That said, this also presents a great opportunity for impact, with senior-level engineers getting a chance to make decisions that will reverberate for years to come.

1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to see our impact as we bring people together through live experiences! -EB

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

So Happy I'm Here!

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing company culture, they really care about their employees - Great time to join as they're poised to really take off - Benefits are great - unlimited time off, and they want you to take it - Exciting and fast-paced environment supporting a mission that matters - Socially conscious and always trying to do the best thing

Cons

- They're growing, which is great and will obviously cause some growing pains, but they're working really hard to do the right thing for their employees and creators through it all, so not really a con, just an opportunity

We're so glad to have you at Eventbrite! Thanks for sharing. -EB

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies to work for in 2022 and beyond

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Extremely talented and smart colleagues -The product has evolved more in this past year than it has in the history of Eventbrite. It's an exciting time—lots of forward-thinking change -By far, one of the best companies to work for right now. The Org truly cares about employee career growth and mental wellness. I joined about a year and a half ago, so things may have been different before my time, but I'm allll here for it. -The org has invested in building culture across global teams and it's paying off. -Leadership is held accountable via employee engagement surveys. They are fast to address feedback and follow through with solutions that stick. -Incredible health benefits / Unlimited PTO / First Fridays off every month

Cons

-Change never happens without some struggle. There's a lot of technical debt to be worked through (but something we're actively working towards)

So happy to hear this! Really glad to hear about your experience - DH

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid

May 18, 2022 - Client Support in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, unlimited PTO, great coworkers

Cons

Underpaid, high stress environment, upper management was unfamiliar with music industry

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it here!

Apr 21, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a great company, with great culture.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Glad to hear it! -EB

6. 5.0

Lovin it! :)

Apr 8, 2022 - Senior Benefits Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits offered (yes I may be bias) but really appreciate all that Eventbrite has to offer to its employees so far. Great staff and support when you need it! :)

Cons

I can not find any so far.

Thank you for sharing! -EB

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

So far so good!

Apr 4, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture Compensation WLB Opportunities for growth Interesting problems being solved

Cons

None at the moment being that it’s just my first month.

Continue reading

Welcome to Briteland! Glad you've had a positive experience so far. -EB

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture, tech in need of modernization

Jan 31, 2022 - Senior Backend Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part of Eventbrite is the company culture and the support employees receive. There's a very good work/life balance, and I see a lot more respect for this compared to other places I've worked. There's also a very vocal emphasis on creating a welcoming and diverse company culture - it doesn't mean Eventbrite always hits the mark, but I still appreciate that it's a clear emphasis that I see taking action to hit their D&I goals. I also have a lot of opportunities to drive the direction of my own work, which is something I love as an engineer.

Cons

It's not the most modern tech stack and a lot of the tech is tied to internal libraries which can be more difficult to work with compared to the more commonly used open source alternatives, but the company is working on modernizing and I'm hopeful this will improve with time

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Super helpful feedback. Thank you for sharing and 10-4 on the tech stack feedback - DH

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Culture

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wish all companies had the type of culture that Eventbrite has. They spend a lot of time and effort selecting the type of employees that fit their amazing culture and it makes working their extremely enjoyable and motivating.

Cons

Some of the sparkle did start to fade working for the company once that went public and their demands intensified but that can be expected of any publicly traded company.

Thank you so much for this - very helpful feedback! - DH

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing benefits and work culture

Nov 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits: the best healthcare coverage of any company I've worked at - Good work/life balance: "Take the time you need" unlimited vacation policy; people actually use it; managers encourage you to take time off - Positive learning environment: Lots of mentoring from senior engineers and peers; other engineers always quick to help you learn / debug / pair program The benefits & work culture at Eventbrite is the best of any company I've worked at. I had an issue with my benefits coverage and reached out to the Eventbrite team a year after I had already left the company - they went above and beyond to help me resolve it, even after I had already left the company. Eventbrite takes work culture very seriously and really prioritizes their employees.

Cons

Some growing pains as the engineering team scaled

2 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Really appreciate you sharing this and hope all is going well in the new gig! - DH

Viewing 1 - 10 of 454 Reviews

Eventbrite Reviews FAQs

Eventbrite has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 542 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Eventbrite to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Eventbrite employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Eventbrite. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

87% of Eventbrite employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Eventbrite 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Eventbrite to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Eventbrite Job Seekers