Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the mission - To connect people through live experiences.
    The people in the office all friendly, and they all working hard for their respective teams.
    Everyone here is very smart and everyone you meet teaches you a little bit more about the nuances of the business.
    Leadership is very passionate, and are working hard to push the business forward.
    Julia Hartz addresses employee issues and she is a very approachable CEO.
    The business itself is very interesting because it is a two-way marketplace, those who want experience working in both b2b and b2c will welcome the challenge.

Cons

I do wish there was a more specific training program to understand how Eventbrite as a business works and detailed explanations of the mission of every team. Every team does seem to be in the same goal of advancing the business, but everyone also has specific metrics they need to hit to be credited for advancing the business - which can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Provide more objectives and tasks to complete to access knowledge of the overall business for new employees.

2. "Yes, it really is as amazing as it sounds!"

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my application process, I read just about every review on Eventbrite's Glassdoor page - and from the minute I walked in for my interview, I saw the positive vibes in action. I've now been with the company for a little over two months, and every day I wake up even more excited to come to work. There are many, many pros to working at Eventbrite (hello, endless La Croix, delicious and healthy catered lunch, employer-paid healthcare and a host of other perks that simply make life easier), but the best part is being surrounded by super smart and driven people who really love what they do. I also really appreciate the push for strong communication and personal/professional development. Finally, as a woman, I have been incredibly impressed and motivated by the strong female leadership at Eventbrite, both within my team and company-wide.

Cons

Not really a con but a general comment - it's not all ping pong tables and free snacks. I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock. However, if you're looking for a place where you will be pushed out of your comfort zone, encouraged to dig deep and learn about many different facets of a business, Eventbrite is it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't imagine a better place to work!

"Best place I have ever worked!!!"

Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Design in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive worked at a good handful of companies and I can say that Eventbrite is my favorite place to work. I can see myself here long term. The benefits, people, and work I do here is all awesome. I have made so many life long friends here and have had many great experiences. I feel super empowered everyday coming into work - theres a good balance of challenges.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

"LOVE THIS COMPANY"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has been one of the best job experiences I have had from the moment I walked in the door. They were very welcoming during the interview process and had a great training program to get me ramped up. The work life balance is amazing and I couldn't ask for better people to spend 40 hours with :)

Cons

So far I do not have any cons with my experience at Eventbrite.

5. "Best Place to Work Nashville - On Paper and IRL"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with teams who have a direct pulse on what is going on in the industry
    - Perfect marriage of passion for live events and tech
    - Creativity is encouraged and championed
    - Take the time you need policy - physical and mental wellness is a priority
    - Challenged daily
    - Incredibly smart peers
    - Dog (Barkling) friendly

Cons

- Must be resilient to change and able to move forward through ambiguity (as with any innovative tech company)

Advice to Management

- Bring together cross functional and cross location leadership more often

6. "Best Place to work in Nashville"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think you can find a better place to work in Nashville. The people are genuine and make work fun, but also push you to do your best and be competitive- the "Work hard, play hard" attitude is alive every single day you walk through the doors. The perks are just a bonus on top of that- amazing free lunch every day, dogs in the office, generous time off policy, work from home capability- and that's just the beginning. I'm immensely proud to be a Briteling and still get excited that I work here.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better. They do a great job with overall company updates and communication on growth, but sometimes the updates on what matters most to our day-to-day duties are kept in the shadows for a little bit too long by management. Compensation may be below market, but there are so many other benefits and perks that make up for it, and it is definitely something that has been given attention.

Advice to Management

Keep communication and transparency to your employees at Eventbrite's core. There is a very "team-like" atmosphere for the company overall that spreads to all of our offices around the world- I think this is one way to keep the feeling that we are all on one big team, no matter how large the company becomes.

May 25, 2018

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback on communication - heard loud and clear! ;) Thank you for all you do every day to make the Nashville office rock.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

7. "Couldn't be happier with where I am!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventbrite has an incredible workplace environment. I feel genuinely cared about and valued not only within my own team and office but across the company as a whole. My coworkers are my closest friends and I spend so much time with them outside of work.

The company is growing at a rapid rate and it is incredible to be a part of. I truly feel that I am contributing to that growth in a very real way. From my manager all the way up the chain, there is a consistency and transparency regarding my role, expectations and future opportunities.

The benefits are incredible. Catered lunch every day, happy hours in the office regularly, and a full fridge and snack drawers. Quarterly office-wide parties and celebrations.

There is a great balance between accountability and freedom to control the work that you do on a daily basis.

Cons

Very difficult to find Cons. With any growing company, when changes and growth occur there can be some shifting in responsibilities within roles. Managers are effective in communicating these changes with the altering expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up everything that you are doing! I feel very supported and heard.

8. "Hitting Their Stride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Eventbrite for over 4 years and have seen my fair share of growing pains in the Nashville office, but I truly believe we are now hitting our stride. I enjoy coming into work everyday and being around the people I work with. The office has grown tremendously-- people, space and camaraderie-wise. I'm really excited about the future of this global company and I'm happy to be along for the ride!

Cons

Compensation tends to be on the lower end in this market, but benefits package is great. Please recognize Nashville is growing and reevaluate the market rate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum of what you are working on! Keep investing in your employees.

May 24, 2018

Thank you for your call out on the Nashville market which has been incredibly important to Eventbrite for the last few years. We'll make sure we are keeping a keen eye toward market rates and... More

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things

CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

May 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Great company to work for, still some work to do"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
    - Excellent benefits and perks (low-cost health insurance, daily catered lunch, wellness stipend to name a few).
    - The best collective group of people that I've ever worked with. Intelligent, empathetic, and innovative. Learned how to collaborate, fail, and lead through working with such talented folks.
    - Constant growth and change = Unparalleled professional development.

Cons

- There could be more intentional professional development for EB employees. Change and growth allow us to discover and develop our skillsets, but I often felt that the org could take a more active and intentional role in professional development.
    - Direct pay seems slightly under market value. Overall compensation package plus perks seem fair, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, developing their skills, and ensuring they understand and are realizing their purpose at Eventbrite.

May 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and advice on where we could invest and engage more in professional development. I agree and there is a lot under way to up-level our development work and... More