Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains" (in 13 reviews)

• "I've found the work/life balance to be great (and that balance is VERY encouraged), but this is not a place for people who just want punch the clock" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Place, Incredible People"

Former Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A driven, relatively transparent company which pays attention and cares for its employees happiness. Lots of opportunities to bond with your team and do fun things to break up your work day. One of the best jobs I’ll ever have! Had a great manager, but can’t say that for everyone. Great work life balance and perks.

Cons

Pay is not great unless you’re a hustler. I encourage anyone looking for a job there to hustle their worth because Eventbrite will often under pay. They should strive to pay above market rate.

Advice to Management

Be open to your teams desire to grow, and be happy with compensating them to match their worth.

2. "Disrupting Tech"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great leadership and growing really fast

Cons

With such fast growth, they ran into growing pains

3. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, environment, and people in the Nashville office are amazing. The office has easily doubled in size and the culture hasn't changed a bit. The leaders genuinely care about you as a person and you'll never feel like you're "just another number" here. I can honestly say that I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Cons

The compensation should be re-evaluated due to the rising cost of living in Nashville, but the benefits and perks are amazing!

4. "Taken Care Of"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been amazed at how much Eventbrite invests in me not only as an employee, but also as a person. I'm encouraged to be my best self, to spend time with my family, and also just have fun. There is a clear trajectory for me as an engineer, and a fantastic amount of transparency from our leadership.

Cons

Grant it, I've only been here since June of 2018, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with any cons at this point. :)

5. "Strong company enduring the chaos."

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong, hard-working workforce that is committed to the success of the company. Amazing office with tons of amenities.

Cons

At times the culture can suffer due to unbalanced workloads. Hypergrowth pace causes instability and stress.

Advice to Management

Try to balance the chaos of hypergrowth with stability via processes and schedules.

"Making an Impact not just on Events but Me"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They weren't kidding when they advertise the 'take the time you need' policy. Even being a newer employee, they respect when you need to take some time off. The perks around wellness, meals being catered, a stocked kitchen, great benefits, are all legitimate. The onboarding experience was one of the best experiences I'd ever had and was extremely relevant to my role. Further, there is a clear understanding of growth in my role in how I can continue to expand my knowledge and leverage my talents to impact the company as well as my career. I also truly appreciate the obvious investments made in its employees (continuing education leveraging Udemy, internal training opportunities, etc.)

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind. With any company that is growing rapidly, there can be some pain points but I think due to the transparency of the CEO and its leaders, they do their best to get ahead of it. Recently the company endeavored on some reorganization. That hasn't been easy. But again, leaders have tried to be ahead of it. Compensation can always be a bit more realistic to the cost of living and the changing times. But, I'm grateful I have a job in the first place!

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency. Going through and watching the IPO process was incredibly rewarding. Continuing the incredible investments in your leaders and team members.

Nov 11, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we will keep investing in you!

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Are We Really Happy?"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The management has really improved over the last year. I think Eventbrite actually tries hard to make sure employees are happy, but there is something missing and hence a handful of good people already left.
    * Great work-life balance.
    * Some of the smartest and kindest people. There is a few people who are not that good but there is few of them.
    * Free lunches
    * Work across the world as there is more acquisitions if you are lucky
    * Unlike salary, benefits are pretty good

Cons

* Pay quite below the average for engineers
    * If you are one of the hire up favorites, your concerns are more likely to be addressed. Same goes in engineering. Not much gets done unless you are one of the people who is "respected". It's a bit biased to be honest.
    * As someone already mentioned, behind that good exterior there is hidden lies and lack of enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Promote people if they work hard and go out of their ways. The pay is low so there is not much incentive unless you make it so (with more raises and promotions).

Nov 11, 2018

It's disappointing to hear your experience at Eventbrite but I do appreciate you sharing your candid feedback. Should you have more detail you'd like to share directly with me, you know how to find... More

8. "Marketing"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

The people are smart and hardworking

Cons

Lots of competing and constantly shifting priorities.

Oct 29, 2018

Hi there - thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to simplify our strategy and realize that in a fast growth environment, there's a great need for excellent communication and context... More

9. "Sales Development Representative at Eventbrite"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace culture. Great benefits, monthly wellness stipend, free lunch everyday, keg in the kitchen, happy hours all the time, pet friendly, ping pong table.

Cons

On the sales side - mostly young, outgoing recent college grads. Can feel a bit like high school or college (sort of fratty).

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well!! Be a little more transparent about the nature of the SDR role on the front end for someone who doesn't have experience in a call center.

Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for your great feedback here - I appreciate the specificity.

- Julia Hartz, CEO

"Best workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The SF office has all the amenities you could ask for. Plenty of meeting rooms, large cafeteria with free breakfast once a week, lunch 4 days a week and dinner twice a week. All the snacks and drinks you want. Awesome people to work with!

Cons

Salary and stocks a little on the lower side compares to other tech companies.

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're always looking at our compensation practices and leveling including the overall total rewards and in comparison to the local area. Please keep the feedback coming... More