Eventbrite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen was pretty straightforward: tell me about your self, solve some modeling problem.

Soon after, I was invited to an onsite. Everyone was very friendly, met with 4 people and completed a variety of SQL, open ended analysis, and a coding problem.

A few weeks later got a call that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• How would you lay out a dashboard for event organizers   Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was lengthy but very thorough. They want to make sure that they get the right fit for the role and the culture. I applied online and was contacted a few days later. I first spoke with the hiring manager over phone for about 15 minutes, and then another 30 minute call with the recruiter afterwards. From there, I was moved onto the on-site interview which was about 3 hours long and consisted of 6 interviews - about 30 minutes each. I was greeted at the front desk with a smile and a water followed by a tour of the office. You speak with several people that you will be interacting with on a daily basis (colleagues or superiors). Finally, they contacted me the next week to schedule yet another 20 minute call with the hiring manager to go over details of the role and the day-to-day along with a few follow-up questions. After I passed that round, they asked for references whom they called promptly and conducted a background check. While it was lengthy, it makes me feel as though they properly vet their employees to ensure that they get the best and the brightest talent out there. Everyone was completely pleasant and respectful through the entire process. Eventbrite really makes you feel right at home from the first point of contact to the very end, so I give a 5 star candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral or specific situational questions that are relevant to the role   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

Applied online then went through a series of phone interviews. The final interview was on Google Hangouts which lasted for about two hours total while various sales leaders would interview for 30 minutes at a time. A role-play was also a part of it.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening, then 3 hour in person interview w/ a variety of the EB staff. There is a role play exercise that you're asked to complete during the in person interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process consisted of a series of technical phone screens spread out over a few weeks with various senior engineering team members. These screens comprised specific questions about my experience, quiz-like questions about various technologies/languages, and each had a coding problem.

I was eventually invited to participate in an in-person interview with various members of the engineering team which lasted between 4-5 hours. I interviewed individually with 5 people; each interview consisted of both of us walking through a particular coding challenge and covered a variety of languages.

Altogether a very thorough interview process and one that left me feeling well prepared for technical interviews in the future. Ultimately I did not receive an offer but I was left with a good impression of the company and their hiring standards.

Interview Questions

• Debug an existing Java application that wouldn't compile, and walk through the code and explain how it works.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied at the second half of September.

I was able to attend an EB mixer later that month. I really like this process because it allowed me to get a feel of the culture and the people I was going to be working with day in and day out.

I made the cut to the next step, which included a 3 hour interviewing day with 6 total interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. I like this process because I was able to meet and engage with leaders of the company, and it allowed us to learn more about each other.

After the interview process, they told me that a decision would be made the next day on who would be joining the team. I appreciated a quick decision, because it didn't leave me wondering for days about how I did.

Thankfully I received a call the next day and got the job!

Music Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

You start with phone calls and 20 minutes conversations with hiring managers, colleagues and the other staff. From there you move to an in-person or Google Hangout style round. If you have the opportunity to do an in-person it will be at the office. I really very thorough and phenomenal all arounds. Opportunity to really see what Eventbrite is all about and enjoyed seeing the space and meeting with a variety of staff over a morning.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with Eventbrite   1 Answer

Eventbrite Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Eventbrite

Thanks for sharing your experience interviewing with our team! We enjoyed meeting with you and hope you'll keep in touch about future opportunities. -- Erin, Eventbrite Recruiting

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, then two rounds of on-site interviews (4 interviews each round, 30 minutes each interview) with leadership, and an informal coffee meeting with the team. The entire team was incredibly welcoming and communicative. Even though I was not offered the position, I have a very positive impression of the company and would recommend them based on my experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and the impact that I would make in the role.   Answer Question

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extensive but I would not say overly intensive. Certainly a lot of questions were asked in regards to backgrounds and potential holes in my resume. Multiple steps along the way in regards to a screening interview, a one on one interview and then I spent a large portion of one afternoon meeting with several people from the Nashville leadership team. It appears they have a very discerning eye for talent and the culture they want to maintain at the office.

Interview Questions

• They were very specific about sales skills, tactics, approaches and background in sales.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Eventbrite had just filled the role I originally applied for, but on the phone interview I was told about a new opening in the Product group that ended up suiting me better. The phone screen was followed by an onsite interview where I interviewed with a broad range of people working in Product and Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Given this problem and hypothetical feature, how might you measure success?   Answer Question