Eventbrite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Eventbrite

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that would be in-person with the hiring manager and then another in-person with the team. Process took quite some time and apparently they didn't keep all candidates moving forward at the same pace, as I was told the main reason I didn't get the job was because someone else was farther along in their interview process.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I got an email from their in-house recruiter for an interview for a corporate paralegal opening. We spoke on the phone and she immediately scheduled the next phone interview with an attorney, that call went well and I was invited to come in to their office.

I met with a guy from finance and we spoke about the opportunity. I thought the conversation went well. I noticed that he brought his business card into the interview but did not leave it. I thought that was really odd. Then I met with an attorney and she seemed nice and then in the middle of the interview the HR assistant calls the attorney out of the room and then tells me that there is a "legal emergency" and the legal department has to meet. I was confused. I was told the recruiter would contact me to reschedule. After about 2 days I contacted the recruiter and in return I got the "nice meeting you but..." email. I responded to find out what happened. She said that they thought I was nice but that I didn't have the skillset to meet their requirements. I told her that my skillset hadn't changed since our phone call and then I let it go because I realized that there was 'legal emergency', that was a lie. I wouldn't want to work at a company that treats people like that. VERY unprofessional.

Part Time Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

I had a very positive phone interview and an in-person interview was scheduled quickly. However, they called to reschedule several times and fortunately my schedule allowed.

I had a rather strange in-person interview experience. They did not have a permanent space yet, and interviews were held in a corporate apartment where the interviewers were also living. The apartment was not orderly, personal items seemed interspersed with business items, and my interviewer was dressed extremely casually, wearing leggings and no shoes.

I understand that the company has a comfortable, and laid back style, but this overall this was confusing to me. It seemed unprofessional and frankly, I felt rather uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• phone interview included real time role play of customer service, navigating the website and answering questions regarding troubleshooting and tech support   Answer Question

Lead Generation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

Applied online and got an e-mail requesting a time and date for a phone appointment within 72 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you see social networking impacting SaaS Enterprise Businesses in the next decade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who, after a brief in-person screen, invited me for a round of on-site interviews.
    On-site interviews consisted of two directors, one manager, one senior software engineer, and the VP of engineering. After the last interview, the recruiter gave me a brief tour of the new Eventbrite office.

The engineering manager who interviewed me seemed disinterested throughout my time with him and was on his phone as I coded through his problem. Otherwise, everyone else was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging for technical questions, to be honest. I don't think they liked my responses for behavioral/culture fit questions, though.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and I went through two rounds of interviews. The first round was primarily for technical skills where I interviewed with 6 people, 30 minutes each. The second round was with 4 people, including the president, and was a mix of technical and culture fit interviews.

They were very transparent about their process and the company and very open about having me ask them questions. When I asked each of them what they liked best about being at Eventbrite, all but one of them said they stayed for the great people they work with. They also seem to have a great learning and supportive environment for professional growth.

Even though I didn't get the offer at the end, I had a very positive experience with them and the recruiter was a very nice guy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• For someone who hasn't touched a game of chess in a decade, one of the more unexpected questions was about how I would design the computer to play against the player in a game of chess.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

I applied for a web development software engineering position. I waited two weeks and then I got an e-mail response from a general address for their recruiting team. They said my background was impressive, but it wasn't a match for what they were looking for. However they said they wanted to stay in touch for future opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP Engineering and the hiring manager, then came in for an onsite a few days later. Interviewed with three engineers and the president onsite. Favorite part of the onsite interview was the lunch interview. It wasn't a 1:1 - instead several teammembers and I gathered in a conference room and discussed work they were doing. Never had the chance to observe genuine team interactions during an interview so this was a big plus. Feedback was lighting fast - later that afternoon I was asked back for a beer.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The hiring process is extensive compared to over companies in Nashville as Eventbrite is based in San Francisco and follows the interview methodology a lot of other Sf companies do. There was a meet and greet with a white boarding session, a 4 hour interview at the office with coding questions, a 4 hour interview with the SF office over google hangouts and a half hour interview with the co founder, Julia Hartz. While this may seem like a lot I feel this process helped me get a better feel of the company and whether I was a good fit there culturally and skills wise.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eventbrite in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online for the Software Engineer Intern position in late December and got a response from a recruiter about a month later asking me to do a coding challenge. The challenge was to make a website with either a javascript framework or django that uses the Eventbrite API to perform a specific task. About two weeks later I got an email saying they wanted to follow up with a one-on-one phone screen.

The phone screen questions were pretty basic (iterating through data structures, removing duplicates, sorting, etc.) and the interviewer was very nice and answered my questions very thoughtfully. A few days after the phone screen I got an email saying they were looking to set up a google hangout interview with 4 engineers and the recruiter who I had been corresponding with since the coding challenge.

The google hangout interview was three hours and thirty minutes long; a 30 minute behavioral interview with the recruiter and 45 minute technical interviews with each engineer. The technical interviews were difficult but a lot of fun, and the engineers were very helpful and understanding throughout. Even though the interview was long it felt pretty short and most of the technical interviews went over because the engineers were so easy to talk to.

A week later I got an email saying that the feedback was positive and that they would like three references. A few days after giving them my references I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions involving data structure traversals, programs that needed to keep track of time elapsed, previous projects and experience.   Answer Question
    • Implement an API that restricts users to a maximum of five requests in a given amount of time   1 Answer