Eventbrite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

Human Resources Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

I didn't actually have an interview but was compelled to write about my experience.

I applied to a position that I either met or exceed all of the requirements and within hours, not days, not weeks, not months, not disappearing into a blackhole later, I received a reply. As I said, I didn't actually interview so the reply was not favorable to me so I can only imagine I didn't have some intangible attribute that they were looking for. Regardless, I was so impressed with their response time that I felt they deserve some recognition. While disappointing it was refreshing at the same time.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite in October 2017.

Interview

2 phone screen + onsite interview according to the recruiter. I applied online for this position, and the reponse time is really quick for the first week. But after the first phone screen, things slow down.

Interview Questions

• Given a list string, return the count of distinct duplicates   1 Answer

Associate Manager of Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I had one 30 minute phone interview and then was asked to prepare a 5 slide presentation on a given prompt. After that I had a 2.5 hour interview (30 minutes with each of 5 people). The next steps would have been another on site interview with additional folks on the team, but I didn't make it that far.

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

On the whole, a very smooth process - they were responsive, transparent, and very personable. The only complaint I would have is that it took a really long time for them to get back to me about the rejection and that only after I emailed them to follow up.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Eventbrite was very detail oriented and very thorough to be sure they find the right talent.

My process started with a LinkedIn post. Moved on to an initial phone screen which lasted 15 minutes. From there, I had a 3 hour Skype interview with lots of people. Then moved onto a in person interview. They flew me to SanFran and watched how I interacted with the team and asked more questions.

Lots of behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time when...", "When was a time you...", "What would you do if..." type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult client and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen was pretty straightforward: tell me about your self, solve some modeling problem.

Soon after, I was invited to an onsite. Everyone was very friendly, met with 4 people and completed a variety of SQL, open ended analysis, and a coding problem.

A few weeks later got a call that I was rejected.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was lengthy but very thorough. They want to make sure that they get the right fit for the role and the culture. I applied online and was contacted a few days later. I first spoke with the hiring manager over phone for about 15 minutes, and then another 30 minute call with the recruiter afterwards. From there, I was moved onto the on-site interview which was about 3 hours long and consisted of 6 interviews - about 30 minutes each. I was greeted at the front desk with a smile and a water followed by a tour of the office. You speak with several people that you will be interacting with on a daily basis (colleagues or superiors). Finally, they contacted me the next week to schedule yet another 20 minute call with the hiring manager to go over details of the role and the day-to-day along with a few follow-up questions. After I passed that round, they asked for references whom they called promptly and conducted a background check. While it was lengthy, it makes me feel as though they properly vet their employees to ensure that they get the best and the brightest talent out there. Everyone was completely pleasant and respectful through the entire process. Eventbrite really makes you feel right at home from the first point of contact to the very end, so I give a 5 star candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral or specific situational questions that are relevant to the role   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview

Applied online then went through a series of phone interviews. The final interview was on Google Hangouts which lasted for about two hours total while various sales leaders would interview for 30 minutes at a time. A role-play was also a part of it.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening, then 3 hour in person interview w/ a variety of the EB staff. There is a role play exercise that you're asked to complete during the in person interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process consisted of a series of technical phone screens spread out over a few weeks with various senior engineering team members. These screens comprised specific questions about my experience, quiz-like questions about various technologies/languages, and each had a coding problem.

I was eventually invited to participate in an in-person interview with various members of the engineering team which lasted between 4-5 hours. I interviewed individually with 5 people; each interview consisted of both of us walking through a particular coding challenge and covered a variety of languages.

Altogether a very thorough interview process and one that left me feeling well prepared for technical interviews in the future. Ultimately I did not receive an offer but I was left with a good impression of the company and their hiring standards.

Interview Questions

• Debug an existing Java application that wouldn't compile, and walk through the code and explain how it works.   Answer Question