Forever 21 - Great place to start a career, but not much room for advancement | Glassdoor

"Great place to start a career, but not much room for advancement"

Former Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll be able to learn to work in a fast-paced environment & meet talented, friendly people. I've kept in touch with the people I've worked with from F21 over the years which speaks to the quality of people working there. Everyone knows of Forever 21, so it's a good foot in the door or stepping stool for those looking to get into the fashion industry.

Cons

Management and overall company processes/protocols are lacking. It is difficult to take the initiative when there are many approval hoops to jump through to get things done. Additionally they do not pay well or provide room for advancement or salary increases, which leads to a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

If you value your employees, show them in their pay.

Forever 212017-12-10
  1. "Forever 21 Review"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has a very stimulating and challenging environment in which I was able to gain a lot of experience which I am now able to take with me into the world.

Cons

During holiday seasons, especially in summer the store can get really busy. However, with the training acquired it can be handled.

Forever 212019-10-08
  2. "Good place to get started in a fashion retail career"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager - Merchandise Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best company to show creativity

Cons

Unstructured. District leaders never have a solid partnership and can be felt with instore teams.

Forever 212019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Forever 21.