Forever 21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied at a job fair they were having, and the interview process was fairly simple. They had me finish an application and then interviewed me and another girl right after. Questions were easy, and the manager was super friendly and funny. Also, I didn’t have any job experience prior to the interview, but I mentioned about my volunteer experience and extracurricular activities. Got the job a couple hours after the interview.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was actually shocked to have such a bad experience during the interview process for a corporate position with a large company. This is how everything went down:

1st recruiter - I exchanged emails with a recruiter and she said she was sending my resume on to the appropriate people and will be back in touch.

2nd recruiter - I hadn't heard back from the first recruiter in almost a week. Then I received a very unprofessional email from a different recruiter who was handling the position. It was a blast email, not personalized, not addressed, everyone was BCCed and the subject line was in all caps with tons of exclamation marks at the end. This was an immediate red flag for me because if a company is interviewing for a corporate position, professionalism should come naturally - it should everywhere but we tend to let things slide in retail stores with the younger employees. However, I noticed this recruiter was very junior, so I decided to set up the in person interview after all - everyone makes mistakes when learning.

In-Person Interview - Ten minutes before the interview, I called the recruiter - no answer. Called again - no answer. Called the main line - couldn't get through to anyone to save my life. I was on my way but was running about 2 minutes late because of massive traffic (I ended up not being late at all). When I arrived, the first thing I noticed is the neighborhood. Now don't get me wrong, I've lived in the hood before but a corporate office being in the middle of such a terrible area is just ridiculous. There are 3-4 parking lots, all disgusting and looked like shady stuff happens there all of the time. There were cars piled on top of each other and absolutely no room to park anywhere. So again, I call and call the recruiter and main line - again, no connection to anyone.

And that was the end of the interview process. I left and didn't look back. Major red flags this early in the process, I know better than that.

They missed out on a good thing because I'm highly experienced and creative.

I gave the company the benefit of the doubt, I wanted to see first hand what they were made of rather than jump to conclusions based on its reputation. However, this experience seems to be well-aligned with how the company is perceived in the fashion industry and on par with the reviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was TERRIBLE. I applied via LinkedIn, and I received a phone call from the hiring manager and scheduled an in-person interview two days later. The first round interview with the hiring manager and his boss went well. We went through my past work and experience. He then scheduled me with his direct report for another round of interview. So, this person who claimed he had been with Forever 21 over 15 years. It was so UNPROFESSIONAL of him to be 1.5 hour LATE. He showed up with his direct report - someone lower than him as well to the interview. He was rude not just to me but to his supervisor (the hiring manager) too. He claimed that his hiring manager did not know what questions to ask. Forever 21 is not the only employer on the planet. DO NOT INTERVIEW PEOPLE AS IF YOU ARE GIVING MONEY TO A BEGGER. This company seems to have so many politics and hierarchical problems. It is not even about the title. It is about how long you have been here and what racial background you are to align with the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Don't show me the things the hiring manager asked you to bring. I am not like him. It is not necessary.   1 Answer

Corporate Position Interview

Interview

First met with them at a job fair, handed my resume and was told by a recruiter that they would invite me to their group interviews. About a week or two later, was contacted via email by a recruiter for a group interview. There were about 4-5 different people at the group interview that met with 2 recruiters and the VP of merchandising. Was asked 3 questions: what can you tell us about yourself, what was your biggest accomplishment, and what a mistake you made and what did you do to fix it? It went smoothly but it was a little awkward. I followed up with an email and got an answer about a week later that they cannot move forward with me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me to interview for a position that I didn't apply for (I applied for a mid-manager position and was contacted to come in for an assistant position.) I then asked her why this was and if they had already filled the manager level position. Her response was, "Oh yeah, we did." No rationale, explanation was given nor did she ask me if I would mind coming in for a much lesser position. I declined the interview. She forwarded me an email showing that I would have met with one person for approximately 30 minutes. It would be great if the corporate recruiting office could show a little more knowledge towards those that they are recruiting and provide detail if the decide to interview someone for a position they never applied for.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked on the phone screen besides when can you come in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Call with recruiter, then 2 rounds of interviews. The head of the department asked for my experience and ran down my resume. It was pretty straightforward - no frills. Seems like interviews will vary depending on department heads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I have applied for the position on LinkedIn rather than through the company website. Approximately a week after I have applied, a recruiter called me to schedule a day for the group interview. The group interview itself was not too formal and I was interviewed with 3 other candidates besides myself which lasted for 30 mins. The recruiter said that they would follow up on us after the group interview, but I have yet to receive any sort of correspondence although it has been over 1.5 weeks since then...

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work for Forever 21?
      2) Describe a time when you had to do project management.
      3) Talk about a company's social media campaign/strategy that you like.
      4) What is your favorite social media platform?   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Beautiful office in Los Angeles and very professional work environment. I felt a little intimated at first because of the hustle and bustle in the office but the interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Brought my printed portfolio just in case they wanted to review it.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to an interview via an email from an HR associate. I was told I would speak with some IT personnel. I showed up on time with my application already filled out and ready to be submitted. The application had been included in my email. I completed the interview and felt very good about it. We discussed possibly returning for a proficiency test.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Skokie, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, had a one on one interview with store manager at flagship location and was hired on the spot. For my promotion a few months later I had a two on one sit down interview with a store manager and district manager. Asked mostly behavioral questions and experience in hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. No negotiations. Company pay runs on a matrix and promotions are only percentage increase of at best 8% !

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview went wonderful and the DM was forward and very honest about the opportunities that the company had in the areas of training as well as benefits. He was also honest with me in telling me that they probably couldn't match my current salary, but that the company had a lot of growth potential. It was a very relaxed interview (the DM and recruiter had on jeans)

Interview Questions

• "If I wrote a book about you, what would be the title?"   Answer Question