Forever 21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017
1,523 Interview Reviews

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

It was during the holiday season. They were having walk-in interviews. I saw the sign, walked in, filled out an application, then I was interview by a manager on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Very easy, group interview that asked a lot about who you are and why want to work there. They asked about past experience and what previous employers would say about you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

easy, back of the store, conversational wanted to get to know you as a person and how you deal with customers. customer service is key when working for this company

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Ventura, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They went around asking us questions about why we want to work there and what we can offer. I never felt nervous either. It was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in our store?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

it was at the store, after you finish filling up the application form, they start interviewing people. they asked me some basic questions and after 30 days they called me if i want the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Farmington, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Was called quickly for an interview. Came in and did a full interview with them only to be told the position was no longer available and that my interview was for a lower position that had a significantly pay rate. I would not have even went to the interview or completed it had I known. Horrible experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY).

Interview

Held in a fitting room; group interview of about 3-4 people. One person answers the question at a time. Don't sound needy, showcase your skills and abilities well and emphasize your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are some skills you have that make you a good fit?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with six people, myself included. The manager said she will be with us in 15 minutes, but we ended up waiting almost an hour. She met us in the shoe department upstairs and then led us downstairs to the first floor where she held our interview outside the store in the main area of the mall. She asked us only a couple of simple questions and looked like she didn't have any interest at all about whatever answer we gave her. It was also too loud in the mall to hear the other candidates answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about a job opportunity here at Forever 21?   1 Answer
    • What are you're strengths? Your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two days later to set up an interview. I was interviewed with twenty other people which lasted about an hour. After, a few of us were asked to stay and were told that we were meeting with the store manager for a second interview. I got a call a few hours later and was offered a position. Went to orientation a week later. Bring your resume! Even if you submit it online with your application it's good to be safe. Only those with resumes were asked to stay for the second interview. Smile and be enthusiastic, that is very important to them. Be ready to give short, but impressionable answers that will help you stand out. Lastly, do not be late!!! It gives a really bad impression.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via their website for the visual associate position. I got a call a few days later from the store manager with a brief recap of what I was applying for and setting up a date for my interview. I was interviewed by the visual manager with one other person.

During the interview we were told we were being interviewed for a sales, stock or visual associate position based on where they thought we'd be the best fit. I had experience in all three so I wasn't so confident I'd get into visual. I reiterated my strengths in creativity and my gave them a folder with my portfolio to steer them into the visual direction.

A few days later I got a call from my interviewer asking me to come in for a second interview. I arrived and was given two skills test: creating three outfits based on a general theme (girly ladies out, ladies street wear, and a men's outfit of my choice) and then filling two t-stands in the men's department with a concept outfit. I had 30 minutes each for the skills tests and was very nervous/excited to show what I knew. I did pretty good and was given some tips on how to improve my choices.

After the skills test I was told I was selected before my interview was even started but they wanted to reinforce their choice to make me a visual associate. I was told to come in later that day with the relevant documents and signed my paperwork. I was given my first shifts for the following week.

Overall the process was great. It was friendly, casual and informative. I'm excited to get more visual experience and to build my portfolio with a great team!