Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company to work for

Jul 10, 2019 - Systems Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours. Good learning growth. Perfect work-life balance activities. Good compensation and benefits. Friendly leadership. Equal opportunity. Fantastic work culture.

Cons

No Cons. Promotion could take few years based on your performance. Though, pay range will be gradually improved.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Greatest retailer in the world - TX

Jun 15, 2021 - Service Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ongoing investments in Partners and Communities.

Cons

Retail is not for everyone.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poorly staffed

Jun 14, 2021 - Overnight Stocker
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give raises after a short time being there. Working overnight means no direct contact with customers - a plus. Rarely run out of work to do so you're preoccupied your entire shift

Cons

It's like they purposely underhire. One more employee (no matter the department) would be extremely helpful in helping everyone finish the tasks they require of you in the timeframe that they expect it. But instead they would rather have everyone work at full capacity every day just for us to *barely* make it by the time the store opens. Very often, we would still be in the store 2-3 hours past our shifts - especially on the days if one person had to call in sick or didn't come in for whatever reason. Losing a person that night made it impossible for everyone to get done stocking. I thought moving to the "cosmetic" section (diapers, medecine, hair supplies) would make for an easier workload than having to stock up rows upon rows of food. Negative. It was just me and another employee on that side so if she called in sick I was still expected to produce at normal levels. Add to the fact that she never picked up speed so I was doing my rows and a portion of hers every single night. Stressful.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about H E B.