H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2018

2.5

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

This job consisted of a three step interview process. I declined the third interview because the job was based on just commission.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

the first round was a group interview. I knew what to say and do because I've been through it before and the manager at the previous store I originally applied coached me through the whole thing. Standing out and making the "panel" laugh are two very important things. Round 2 was one on one and the manager asked very basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• working over night can be hard. What is our life like outside of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimberley, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B (Wimberley, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

the interview took place with a group, (about 12 other applicants), and started with the management introducing themselves. the group then had to tell everyone a little bit about themselves and what job they were applying for.after introductions the management had us pick items from the tables we were seated at and too come up with a way to sell it.once everyone finished selling their item people were called into the next room for a second interview.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Interview

Group interview for new HEB Opening. A group of 10 candidates with 2 interviewers. We were asked simple questions about our experience with the position, and split briefly into groups to preform a group activity (moving folding chairs from one place to another as a team) they were looking for communication between us, and efficiency if the jobs overall execution and completion. Followed by another group question and discussion session. Was a very friendly environment.. Even if I didn't get the job (I'll know shortly) I'm still happy I experienced an interview in the fashion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Short, they show you pictures and ask you what you see and ask you questions about yourself. I would reccomend you wear business casual (button up and khakis go a long way)

Interview Questions

Interview

1 group interview and 1 face-to-face 1 on 1 interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation, you took what they offered.

Parking Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

You will have to de a group interview or an individual interview. I had an individual interview. They might reschedule the interview a lot so be prepared to adjust your schedule accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Parking Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Katy, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Began with a group interview with about 7 others. They asked us to draw a picture of our position we were applying for. Next up we were asked to "sell" a product to a "Customer" after a minute of looking at a product that was handed to us. After this we went home and had one on one innterviews if we did well enough.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, What kind of schedule are you looking for. Pretty simple questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Lake Jackson, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was already employed as a cashier, so I applied online and was set up with an interview on my next scheduled shift within 2 weeks. The interview consisted of me meeting my Service Director one-on-one. He asked me questions about what I knew about the role and what kind of experience I already had concerning the role.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker didn't get along and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the ASM positions/responsibilities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B in December 2012.

Interview

Hired from within! I started as a bagger and was promoted to cashier. When the Assistant Service Manager position was posted. I applied through HEB.com and was called for an interview. HEB hires from within but considers eternal applicants equally and the interviews are the same.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions and going over the application and resume. Availability hours are also discussed. A smile and upbeat personality is expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a set minimum and mid pay. There is room for negotiation based on past experience