KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,214 of over 1,214.0 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

The interview process involves expressing your interest in the job enough to have a front-end manager give you a casual interview. The interview is not intense and they really just try to get to know who you are.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think you can contribute to the workplace?
    Answer Question

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

There are four stages of the interview include a phone interview, a one-on-one interview, and then a group interview. After that, you have to pass a background check before you can formally be offered the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

Quick and to the point. Not very harsh. Used a lot of normal and regular interview tactics. briana was great and my interview was done and I was hired in 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to help a customer.

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

It was a recorded interview process. There was no in person interview. But yes a recorded interview process with 10 questions to answer. You can take 3 takes for each question in case you don’t. Like the way you sound, look and talk. I would say I’m more of a fan for an in person than to record myself.

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

Good interview not gelt confident had to do 2 interviews after your second interview you ate hired at the job you applied for heb. Will do the interview again. Great interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H E B

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B

Interview

Phone interview super short and then set up a Video Interview through email. Spoke one on one and lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewer seemed annoyed like she didn't want to interview me. Questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • Questions asked where very general and broad. She wasn't very specific and seemed annoyed that I gave her broad answers to her broad questions.

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

I didn’t get very far in the interview process. It was just a phone screen that I never heard back from anybody on. I’m just adding extra words to reach the minimum required amount of words.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H E B

Application

I interviewed at H E B

Interview

The interview was super easy. You usually go through 2 short interviews. They asked about very basic questions, like where you live, how you commute, and what your availability is. One question they asked was what you think good hospitality is. You know right after if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX)

Interview

The first interview was done online then I had to do one in person. There is two parts of the interview in which you have to answer. If you pass the first in person interview you have to do a second one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in Jun 2022

Interview

It was a video interview What do they asked me like five questions and then I had to film a video for each question and you only had two tries to take it you can just retake it is something happened and it was just really weird

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,214 Interviews

H E B Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at H E B as 77.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.46 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Assistant and Cashier rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for HEB Cashier and Checker roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at H E B takes an average of 16 days when considering 1,396 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier/Bagger had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Checker roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 13 days).

Common stages of the interview process at H E B according to 1,396 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.07%