H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.5

Curbside Takeaway Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with Curbside manager, then in-person interview with the head of the store. Was offered the position but when I asked to negotiate the salary they were unwilling. So unwilling that they took back their offer.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Positive group interviews . I was asked to answer 5 questions to the panel and then was asked how to sell an heb product and present it to the group interview.

Interview Questions

• What job do you not want to do at heb   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The interview was through the phone. It was basic questions on what characteristics do I have. It was also like "Why do you want to work at HEB?" The lady sounded as if she was really interested in what I had to say about myself.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and in the same day, I got a call for a group interview. I went in two days later for the interview and there were only about 4 people there so the manager decided to do one on one interviews instead. The manager was very friendly and I got a job offer after the interview. I got so lucky. Now I'm just waiting on the background check. Just be yourself and don't be nervous like I was because he did notice but said I did a good job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would be a good reason to miss work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed. Got a call in under two weeks after applying. Waited in the break room for about 10 minutes then was brought into the office. Very relaxed and at the end filled out a background check paper. Takes about 2-3 business days to review. I have been offered employment but have not received instructions on the next steps yet. Only been two business days and today is Saturday. Expecting a call Monday.

Lots of reviews on here mentioned group interviews and I was panicking. A friend even said his was a group. However mine was not.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and the first phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes duration. I got the call five minutes late. Questions asked were about current job experience and also the current base salary and benefits

Interview Questions

• describe stressful situation and how you reacted and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Huntsville, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website, and got a call a week later for a group interview. We were handed a green card with 5 questions on it and told to answer them one person at a time. Then they had us pick an item from a pile. Broke us in to groups of 4 and were told to make a meal deal out of the 4 random items. Some groups weren't so lucky and got a horrible combo, but whatever. After we made some ragtag meal deal and tried to sell it to the "interviewers," they would ask about replacement items or substitutions, then about company policies on returns. Over all, it was a ploy to root out the undesirables who couldnt sell a bag of instant potatoes, which is a bummer because i applied to maintenance and stocker positions...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application on HEB's website. A few days later I received an invitation for a video interview. The process was pretty painless. The typical questions were asked, like how can your previous job experiences help you in this position and what is your biggest strength/weakness. There were 3 video interview responses and then a written response for availability.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Had 2 interviews. First HR interview to see if I was a good fit on paper, then a second interview with hiring manager, to assess your fit and ability, with a walk through warehouse as well.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Interviewed twice with 2 different people. 1st interview was just trying to get a feel for who you are and if you would be a good fit for the company, nothing hard, just trying to see if you're friendly and have a decent personality, very short. Then had a 2nd interview with the store manager (I think) immediately after, more typical interview questions and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you came up short? What keeps you motivated?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement while working in a team. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your role as a cashier would be?   Answer Question