H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

First a phone interview - simple questions about yourself and why HEB
    Then a secondary in person interview at the headquarters downtown

Who you interview with depends on the department you plan on interning with.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (Pearland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy group interview you first introduce yourself and then the next person goes then when introductions are over the interviewers separate you into teams and either makes you do a chant, rap, or skit of your choice and as everyone is finished the interview is over.

Interview Questions

• What position did you choose? Why did you choose that position?   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • What is your previous work experience. If you do not have any what have you done at school or at home?   Answer Question
    • What job do you not want at HEB?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you encountered great customer service?   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First you get a group interview. In mine, it was 12 people. You sit in front of a panel of managers and they introduce themselves. After they are finished, each of people in the in the group interview stands up and introduces his or herself. You then get some coloring paper to write your name on, and then you are asked to fold it in 3 places as if you're presenting yourself. You then answer 5 interview questions, 1 scenario question, and do a group activity. The group activity is pitch-selling them a random product. Don't think too much into it. Just have fun, come out of your comfort zone, and stand out. Make you PARTICIPATE. The managers are just trying to see how you talk and behave with others. After the group interview, if selected, you are called to come in for a one on one interview, and if that goes well, you are offered a position. The first 5 interview questions below are the group interview questions. I did not add the scenario question because it is random. Questions 6-11 are the one on one interview questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was a three part process. Two one on one interviews followed up by a group interview. The managers had us partner on, puck a product and sell it to the rest of the group.Then a credit check and drug test.

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the night manager who runs the overnight... shows you pictures asks you to describe what you see. What first comes to mind. It's about a 35 min. Interview then he will wrap it up by saying he got other interviews lined up, so he's not sure if you got the job but states you might get a call for a second interview if you are chosen. Got the call for the 2nd interview .. this one was with the GM ( general manager) of the store. Just be laid back honest and be witty.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly quick in easy they had good patient managers interviewing. The partners who are introduced to you are kind and professional. The location was quick and easy to find. Hiring process was quick.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The office environment was very business casual and they were very friendly. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by an employee.

School of Retail Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Video interview was quick, but interviewer was blah. They cut me off mid question, and it kind of threw me off a bit. I requested feedback after getting the rejection email, but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

you have one and one interview. They are about two interview to do. Easy to answers. just be confidence. Dress code would be casual dress. I repeat just be confidence!