H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

H E B Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2018

2.5

Order Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

It's a job fair they hold so there's other people being interviewed too. They show you around the warehouse to show you what you will be doing. Be sure to wear closed toe hoes no sandals

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any issue with another co-worker?   1 Answer

In-store Shopper Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and got called back with in a week or two to go to a group interview. Will be going in a couple of days to that’s interview. I was also asked a couple of questions on the phone.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 30 days after I submitted my application. I had a 3 question phone interview and they asked me if I could participate in the group interview the following day.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX).

Interview

I was called in for an interview shortly after I applied. The CCOM that interviewed me was very nice and patient, which made me more comfortable rather than nervous because that was my first interview ever for my first job. The questions were easy. Pretty much just asked about your qualities and skills and they want to see how you interact with people because that’s like 80% of the job, interacting with people. They do take their customer-employee experiences seriously.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that make you the right person for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The interview was simple. The healthy living manager asked me a couple of questions about my previous work experience and then the rest of the questions were "Describe a time when...."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Store Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Edinburg, TX).

Interview

I believe 180 people applied for this position. Step one was a phone interview, in which they narrowed it down to 52 candidates. Step two was a group interview. Teams of 5 were put together to give individual 6 minute presentation about themselves to the panel of 4 HR managers. After the individual presentations, it turned into a group activity, then eventually an individual interview with the panel of 4 HR managers. The entire process took 4 hours. 18 people of the 52 were selected. We were notified about a week after the group interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B in April 2018.

Interview

It was basically senarios as far as what would you do..how often would you call in to work and what would you consider a good excuse as far as calling in.

TSST and Curb Side Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Waco, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I’ve applied to HEB hundreds of times but I never seem to get past the group interviews. I will start with my most recent experience. I had a one on one interview for 2 different positions. For TSST position I was the only one there who applied for it, but there were 6 others people there for curbside. I didn’t get the job. Basically if you don’t have a long response to their answers they are not going to hire you because you were “too quiet”. I don’t think I’ll ever get hired on here but I love the store

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time we’re you received bad customer service?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

lengthy and intense environment to review and select the skills acquired and to match them with the long term and short terms needs of the company in a loc al and geographic area

Grocery Checker Interview

Interview

it was a good interview, not difficult and didn't ask challenging questions. It seems they are more about looks and how you come off as a greeter. I like the job

Interview Questions

• do you enjoy meeting new people?   3 Answers