HP Inc. - Great place for high performers to gain experience in many different areas | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance was complicated" (in 58 reviews)

• "I have experience no downside for HP Inc" (in 30 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place for high performers to gain experience in many different areas"

Current Employee - Director Incubation in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Director Incubation in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HP Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been able to move around 7 different roles in 3 countries over 11 years in HP Inc. From product quality, to sales transformation, to eCommerce, Wearables Incubation and CTO Vision team. If you are confident, perform well and seek out new challenges, HP Inc brings amazing career opportunities. I have been paid well and Managers get a generous bonus (based on company performance)

Cons

Pockets of HP can have a lot of politics, where it is more important to make sure people are happy than to get your job done. Most of the managers I have had have been poor at giving constructive feedback on growth opportunities for my career.

Advice to Management

If you assign one person a goal but hold another person accountable - that is what causes politics. It is not usual to see it in the sales teams (they have clear goals) the BUs, Ops and Labs teams have these problems, depending on the leader. More coaching from HR experts on how managers should set and track goals would help - it varies a lot and HR is too under resources to assist at the moment.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HP Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues are all extremely talented and competent professionals in their fields. They're also very collaborative, and truly welcome input. They don't seem easily threatened by different perspectives. This makes for a very innovative environment, where we're constantly learning and growing together.

Cons

We're still building our new company, so some things aren't as established as in other large companies. For example, our campuses are a bit "hack". (But that also leaves room for us to make our mark and have input.)

Advice to Management

Keep delivering great business results and share the rewards with employees.

2. "I love HP, here's why"

I have been working at HP Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethical, highly principled leadership team. Collegiate atmosphere where employees partner together to win. Culture is at the center of all that we do...used corporate jet to fly generators and other relief aid to Hurricane Victims in Puerto Rico. Greenfield for career and role...have an idea, run with it. Sacred cow no longer producing milk? Challenge it.

Cons

Productivity (IT) can be a challenge sometimes, but they are trying...hey, you try splitting a Fortune 10 company in half and see what happens!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep it real. Keep it transparent. Keep on keepin' on.

Discover more reviews about HP Inc..