Cover image for Harris Teeter

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

HT is the worst company I have ever worked for please don't apply!

Mar 15, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is that you get a bonus every 6 months! That's it!!

Cons

I'm not going to sugar coat it like everyone else's review on here. I'm going to share with you what really goes on in some of these Harris teeter stores. First off, like in my title I don't recommend anyone apply for a job at HT! I don't care if you are just trying to find a part time job for yourself after school or find a place where you can start a career DON'T DO IT. After working for Harris teeter as a full time employee for three years I wish that I had never applied for a position. Some of the people they promote to manager positions are not even qualified enough to do their job! You have some managers that truly don't care about what goes on in their store or their departments. For example, you may be having an issue with a customer and ask your manager for assistance and some of them will literally flat out tell you I DONT CARE. Now I know you're thinking," what did she just say? Did she say some managers say they don't care?" Yes, yes I did. Some managers really don't care about what goes on in their departments or their store. You may have spoken to people who work at harris teeter now and they probably tell you that the company is amazing; but, those people that you were speaking to have probably just started with the company. You need to speak to someone that has worked for Harris Teeter for at least a year and a half to two years. Because if you don't you'll just end up like all the other people that were misled by other "fresh new" Harris Teeter employees and you'll be one of those that quit in two weeks. Personally I don't mean to bash the company but I'm not going to allow someone else go through what I've gone through with Harris Teeter because it's not fair and no one should be treated the way I've been treated with the company so I hope this review helped. But if you want a good job with amazing benefits go to whole foods or publix. I don't work for either of those companies but i know a lot of people who used to work for harris teeter that quit and went to one of these stores and love it. Pretty much all good things.

Continue reading
    15 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Harris Teeter Barista

Dec 1, 2022 - Barista in Raleigh, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, great people, loved the work flow

Cons

Small space behind the counter

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Dec 2, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers and flexible hours and weekly pay

Cons

the pay is ok but with rising costs can be challenging

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Harris Teeter.

Harris Teeter Photos

+ Add Photo
Harris Teeter photo of: Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Back Room
Harris Teeter photo of: harris teeter table
Harris Teeter photo of: front of harris teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Starbucks
Harris Teeter photo of: Morning just before opening.

Harris Teeter Job Seekers Also Viewed