Cover image for IBM

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The only pro of working for IBM, working remotely, is gone.

May 24, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Kingston, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at IBM are wonderful.

Cons

I have been working for IBM for over 20 years. There have been layoffs every year, so there has never been any real job security. I have been waiting for years for when it would be my time to get "RA'ed" - nice word for laid off. I enjoyed my team, and I worked from home, so I stayed at IBM, even though it grew increasingly stressful. My manager actually told me that he didn't like to have female employees work for him, he "didn't like the drama." Well, after all of these years, all of the remote employees in my area have been told that they must physically be in a lab (San Jose for me). We have 30 days to make a decision. If we don't relocate to San Jose, then we will have 60 days notice, and then will have to resign, since this is a condition of employment. I feel like I've been punched in the gut. But why am I surprised? IBM has been taking away benefits from it's employees every year. I am sick. There is absolutely no respect for their employees.

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great

Dec 8, 2022 - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers are helpful and fun to work with

Cons

Lots of process required to get work done

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it

Dec 7, 2022 - Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best company to work for ever

Cons

None love every bit of working here

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about IBM.

IBM Careers

Cover image for IBM

We have always believed that IBM is more than just a business. When you look at our history, you see that though we have changed many times...More

• What we offer