IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017
6,456 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry-level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They have a online coding challenge with behavioral video submissions in the beginning and video submissions where you talk about how you implemented your code. Each coding challenge is timed differently based on the level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Populate an array of numbers from 1 to N (inclusive). Given two numbers, p and q , if a number in the array is divisible by p print OUT, if a number is divisible by q print THINK. If number is divisible by both p and q, print OUTTHINK. Otherwise, print the number.   3 Answers

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very disorganized and impersonal process overall. The entire process for me took 2 months.

First round was a web interview where there were video questions, essay questions, and 2 coding challenges. Not very hard overall, but takes 3 hours to complete.

Second round was a 30 minute Guide interview, also over the web. Here you talk to someone who assesses your fit for the company and asks you about your resume. Very typical here, and the most positive out of all three of the interviews I had.

Third round was a Guide interview, also over the web. It's 60 minutes with an employee (although not necessarily a data scientist, I interviewed with a software engineer). Questions involve models, machine learning, statistics questions, and coding questions. The person who interviewed me was extremely rude and kept interrupting me whenever I tried to answer. She also looked bored and talked so softly I had to keep asking her to repeat herself.

Things I did not like about their recruiting process: my interviews were scheduled by two recruiters over email, who sent incomplete generic emails asking for my availability for the upcoming week. After replying, two weeks passed before I heard anything from them and I had to give them new dates. This happened multiple times. After giving them availability for the next four weeks, they scheduled me three and a half weeks later on a date that I couldn't even do. I asked if it could be rescheduled since and I got a very rude response about how I was inconveniencing them.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that removes all question mark characters from a list in minimal time.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First interview was held on campus. Interviewer was late and on texting throughout the interview. I was asked simple questions like "tell me about yourself" and to explain how my professors would speak of me as a student. Was given a "analytical exam" which was a twelve-question logic test.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The coding challenge was moderately easy with 6 behavioral questions and 3 coding questions. I got a reject after that. I prepared the questions from glassdoor. mostly all of them were on glassdoor.

Entry Level Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

All about basic computer science questions, like Java, data structure, thread. Also some questions about piratical DevOps. The interviewer is kind and always encourages you. But too nervous especially no coding and all concept problems.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First screening, HireVue challenge. Automated interview you have to complete it online by a certain date. Some questions require video recoding of you speaking and some are written answers. At the end there are 2 coding problems. It takes about 3 hours.

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied to the data scientist position Fall 2017 with a campus recruiting system. I was reached out to a few weeks later to take a technical screen interview consisting of typical interview questions, technical questions, and then two coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, very basic statistics questions, and general ML questions (not on specific models) and coding questions that are similar in style to HackerRank   Answer Question

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through University site. Got an email a couple of days later for a video interview, for which I had 5 days to complete. All the questions were being asked by "Watson". There were several behavioral questions, some technical questions, and 2 coding challenges.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

aptitude, reasoning , group discussions on random technical subject , personal interview of technical rounds followed by HR interview to assess the attitude of the candidate . the whole process may span multiple days

Interview Questions

• Why IBM ?
      Subject specific questions