IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017
5,376 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

very structure and professional, a lot of questions about personality and characters. Very keen to understand how you work within a team and colleagues. Not so focus on the technical knwledge beyond the basis

Interview Questions

• how do you handle criticisms?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Three 30-minute interviews: Two behavioral and one case study. Interviewers were extremely friendly with informal interview process loosely guided by pre-determined questions. Case study was fairly technical regarding declining ticket sales for a large airline company and potential problems in their network infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you were particularly excited with the results of?

Tell me how you would deal with a difficult team member?

Why IBM GBS over other consulting companies?
      1 Answer

Public Sector Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview took place on-campus in the career center. Each interview was a half-hour each, no breaks in between. One session was a case interview and two were behavioral/fit interviews. All interviewers involved were current consultants with the public sector practice. Described the Consulting by Degrees Program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pivot the way you were doing a project to accomplish your final goal.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Junior Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I have met IBM at a career fair. I have applied online for the junior devops position. I got a hirevuew interview challenge. It was basic behavior and coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Anyone can solve the coding challenge. Once solved they kept me in list of applicants on hold. They said they hired and can not move forward. To tell me that information they took 2 months.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

There was 3 interviews back to back with 3 different people. One is a case and the other 2 are behavioral. The behavioral questions were just going over your resume and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• The case questons are all different based on what position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied through my University's career website. Received an email 3 days before the interview saying that I have been selected for the interview.

I interviewed on campus. It consists of 3 back-to-back interview that lasts for 30 minutes each. One of the interview was based on your resume, talking about your experiences. Second interview was a case interview. The last interview was a more behavioral type of interview (i.e. Tell me about an experience when you ...). There is no fixed sequence, you might have the case interview first.

The interviewers were very nice and very enthusiastic. The wanted you to feel relaxed and the interviews were very conversational. Case interview was challenging as it doesn't have any quantitative aspect to it but more of a qualitative case.

I was told that I will hear back within 2 weeks and I was.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

Overall a very quick and painless process. Mine were conducted online through webcam. Consisted of 3 interviews, all 30 minutes long (to the dot, with 15 minute breaks in between). 2 behavioral and 1 case. Everyone was very pleasant, were conversational with your answers, and seemed enthusiastic about their jobs. The behavioral interviews were split between one assessing your team experience, the other about your problem-solving/intellectual capabilities. The case was very simple, involved implementing a technology. Very basic math, and then simple questions such as steps to implement, risks/issues to consider, etc.

While the process was easy, it was hard to assess what they were really looking for. The questions kind of overlapped and didn't really assess other important traits you should have on the job, just teamwork and working on projects. I haven't heard back yet, but I feel like since the questions were simple, how do you really differentiate yourself? I see some people here saying that they wanted to see enthusiasm about IBM, but they didn't ask me a single thing about why I'm interested in IBM or the program. I guess a lot of it is personality.

Interview Questions

• These are ALL the questions, nothing more, nothing less: tell me about yourself? describe a time a team member wasn't contributing their share and what did you do to fix that? describe a time there was a lack of trust in a team, what did you do? describe a time you had to teach someone something you knew really well, how did you teach them/what did you learn from the experience? describe a project you didn't have enough information, what did you do? describe a time you were on a project and thought, there's gotta be a better way? what's been the biggest problem you've had to solve? Also two hypothetical scenarios: imagine you have to meet a new client the next morning and you know nothing about them, what do you do to be prepared? and imagine you're given a task you are unsure how to complete and your supervisor notices and intervenes, how do you react to this intervention and changing courses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Submitted application sometime in October and was contacted shortly after to provide further information. Was notified in December that I was selected for an interview with a program a manager. Interview was done over video chat and was very conversational. Was the notified toward the end of January that I made it past the first round and they would try and find a host city manager to interview with. Haven't heard back, but have been told that this stage can take quite some time.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a team member having an out of the box idea that others are oppose to? How would you deal with it if you were that employee with the idea?   Answer Question