IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017
5,763 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The first round of the interview was a phone screening. The recruiter interviewed me for about 30 minutes, asking me about my previous experience and background. He spent most of the time describing about the company, job role and work culture. He was very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your professional failures and its result.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was given a design exercise to complete before going on-site. I presented my design with other candidates and then participated in a group design exercise. Afterwards, there were two one-on-one interviews.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA).

Interview

One interview with someone on the team; multiple interviews with the hiring manager. Brought me into the office for multiple one-day interviews and the Director and several people who were supposed to interview me were not there that day, did not show up, or didn't come into the office and called instead (after I traveled from the West to the East Coast)

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Long interview process conducted via phone. The meat of the process was talking case studies and experience with current OMs. Pleasant and straightforward interviews with some corporate online testing at the beginning.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online and 3 weeks later got an email for the first interview. The interview was through HireView and it had basic interview questions as well 3 technical questions i remember only one of them, which is the fizz buzz question.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was notified about a time sensitive online coding challenge two weeks later. The link to the challenge didn't arrive until the day before it was due. After the coding challenge, I was told I they would get back to me within a week. I didn't hear back from them for a month, which then I received contradictory messages congratulating me on making it to the final rounds of interview and informing me I had not been given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a successful teaming situation you have had   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Summit Program Interview

Interview

Interview was more like a conversation. It flowed very easily the interviewer just asked questions in regards to personality. Asked frequently if I had any questions (they want you to have questions). Interview was an hour long

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straight forward. Applied through my school, on campus interview. Found out 1 week later. The interviewers were very nice. You should be prepared to ask them a lot of questions or you will sit there in awkward silence. Case interview was a profit/loss case