IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017
6,306 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry-level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They have a online coding challenge with behavioral video submissions in the beginning and video submissions where you talk about how you implemented your code. Each coding challenge is timed differently based on the level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Populate an array of numbers from 1 to N (inclusive). Given two numbers, p and q , if a number in the array is divisible by p print OUT, if a number is divisible by q print THINK. If number is divisible by both p and q, print OUTTHINK. Otherwise, print the number.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The coding challenge was moderately easy with 6 behavioral questions and 3 coding questions. I got a reject after that. I prepared the questions from glassdoor. mostly all of them were on glassdoor.

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Cumberland, MD).

Interview

3 total interviews

- email questionnaire simple questions about yourself. I.e. expected salary, education level etc.

- phone interview technical questions about java

- video interview questions about specific situations and how you handled them

Interview Questions

• Asked several programminprogramming questions covering but not limited to:
      Conditional statements
      Loops
      Polymorphism
      Inheritance
      Methods
      Accessibility   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

aptitude, reasoning , group discussions on random technical subject , personal interview of technical rounds followed by HR interview to assess the attitude of the candidate . the whole process may span multiple days

Interview Questions

• Why IBM ?
      Subject specific questions
      attitude assessment
      questions from previous projects
      questions from education majors
      case study
      group discussions   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair and was invited to do a math assessment online. It took a few weeks from completing the assessment to when I heard it was a no. Never received feedback.

Cognitive Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process was done through my school (Atlanta, GA), it took two weeks for interview to set up and two weeks for results. 3 - 30 minute interviews (behavioral, technical, case-study). The study was of a revenue problem (Calculate profit margin)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult group member and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what you like to do in your free-time?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied on campus had one on campus interview, one phone interview and was offered to fly out for a third interview, but decided to deny it because the location was not ideal.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have the web interview include 3 programming problems and 5 behavior problems. All of them are online. You need use a webcam to record you answer. When dealing with programming problem , it is better to do them on the IDE first, and then paste the answer to the web.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got the online test, but its been almost two week, i haven't heard back from them yet. The online test included 3 coding problems and 5 video problems.
    Im still waiting for their feedback....