IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018
6,812 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry-level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They have a online coding challenge with behavioral video submissions in the beginning and video submissions where you talk about how you implemented your code. Each coding challenge is timed differently based on the level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Populate an array of numbers from 1 to N (inclusive). Given two numbers, p and q , if a number in the array is divisible by p print OUT, if a number is divisible by q print THINK. If number is divisible by both p and q, print OUTTHINK. Otherwise, print the number.   4 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Extreme Strange, I applied on career fair in Oct 2017, and get the OA about one month later, and in the OA there is one coding question which has some issue with the stream input, so that one not passed. And then on Jan 2018, I suddenly got two following interviews, the behavior interview comes first, and I don't know why I didn't pass, and I got no feedback even I asked for it. And then they canceled the technical interview. Anyway, the whole progress is strange.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview process consisted only of 2 back-to-back interviews, 30 mins each.
    Applied through the university website.
    Both interviewers were very pleasant
    Asked behavioral questions, nothing really technical
    Heard back from recruiter after around 2 weeks

Intern Interview

Interview

OCR rounds. The person I spoke to was extremely impolite and didn't really seem to care. He was a condescending and was hard to talk to. I don't know my decision yet but I expect a rejection. I wouldn't like to work with this type of person anyway.

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Had three phone calls screening interview, half an hour each. Slotted on-site interview. Questions include solving business cases (choosing between two business plans), statistics (Bayesian) and data science (clustering and classification).

Controller Interview

Interview

I was a good informative interview. Liked the company location ,. However the culture was quite not urban albeit was quite professional and cordial. I need more vibrant, high culture environment

Talent Acquisition Role Interview

Interview

It was a very long and drawn out process. I was told I would move forward to final round and then the communication exchange went silent. After several follow up emails and VM I finally received an answer. If I can give advice to this hiring RPO team...if a candidate takes the time to drive an hour to meet you at a hotel lobby for an interview, it is common curtesy so respond to a follow up email. The candidate should walk away from the process feeling good no matter what the outcome was. I hope you don't treat your RPO client's candidate this way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something g innovative your brought to your role.   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On campus, very nice people, demonstrate interest in banking and be aggressive. Talk to as many people as you can on campus and elsewhere. It is very important to send follow up emails and do whatever you can to distinguish yourself from the crowd

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The interview environment was low pressure to begin with. They start with a personality test to get you loosened up then send in a senior team member for a technical test. The technical interview was when it got a little intimidating. It was not mentioned prior so I was genuinely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• write code to identify how many connected components there are in a bitmap.   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in February 2018.

Interview

HireVue Interview - online coding challenge. 3 Programming questions and 8 behavioral questions, where you record your answer using your webcam.
    Guru Interview - another online technical interview with an engineer
    Guide Interview

Interview Questions

• Standard java questions (polymorphism..)
      FizzBuzz, String manipulations, data structure questions   2 Answers