IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,275 Interview Reviews

2.8

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Only had one round of interviews, as I attended a few of their on-campus events. Other people had an additional phone interview. Was flown out to the company site and had a behavioral and a case interview. Both were very straightforward and nothing to stress about. Overall a quick and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why IBM? Why consulting? Why are you a good fit for IBM/what makes you more qualified than other candidates?   Answer Question

Community Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous. took 6 months, 7 meetings or calls with a total of 8 people. With the exception of one interview, all were 1:1. The role is for an IBM subsidiary, so IBM didn't control the interview process, but they do control the hiring process, which is still ongoing, even though I've accepted.

Interview Questions

• As the role was for a unit of a s Startup subsidiary IBM has bought, all questions related to entrepreneurialism or startups   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

I was brought in with my manager and he said I was experienced and was a good fit for the position and he submitted me to the open position

Negotiation

A job offer from a letter

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Binghamton, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a Telephone interview with the manager. Then, I began to talk to HR regarding some information about myself. I had to take the IPAT test, which was fairly difficult, but I think I passed. Afterwards, I was given an offer, which I was grateful for.

Interview Questions

• Very casual interview, maybe because I had a referral?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

Long and tedious. That is managers first touch base with prospects then poll the office to see if there is interest. Then maybe weeks latter a team lead will call and do a 1 on 1. Finally the manager may need 2 to 4 weeks to get financial to sign off on a offer. So the whole process is long and drawn out. Also a department many want you but not get financial approval so prepare yourself for a waist of time. Also anyone who is a collage graduate currently can be hired quickly and does not need this financial approval since they are funded via a separate budget.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail something negative about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview went really. They asked the basic questions that you would expect to hear at an interview. Then they asked more specific questions about the position and how I could apply my skills from previous professional endeavors in this new position. They asked a series of hypothetical questions that weren't difficult but definitely required some thought. It's okay to pause during the itnerview and think about what you want to say. Don't feel like you need to rush through. I think they appreciated how much I considered each question. After all, they did offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experiences support you in this new position?   Answer Question

Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got an email which led to a first round phone interview which was personality/fit based. I then went into NYC for the final round interviews since they don't do on campus recruiting at my school. I had two 30-minute, 1 on 1 interviews. One behavioral/fit, the other was the case. Got a phone call a week later saying they were offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell a product or an idea to a group.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a legal position right out of law school. I thought the interviewers were very engaging and upfront about what was expected from their hires. I've read a lot of reviews on here that state that IBM is no longer innovative, but that may not apply to the legal department. I found the planned organization to be quite unique.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out as an exceptionally difficult question.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Interview

It was fairly standard, straightforward and friendly. The interviewer at the time was the General Counsel. She was great. Very smart, direct, and open. I felt right at home. I also interviewed with the Assistant GC at the time. She asked similar question, like years of experience, complex deals I had worked on, etc. I also spoke with the Controller and the head of Sales. Likewise, a very friendly, smart group.

Interview Questions

• What types of agreements have I reviewed.   1 Answer

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Hopewell Junction, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

IBM flew me out and reimbursed expenses for my trip. The interview lasted approximately two hours plus lunch and I spoke with seven different patent attorneys. No one had any hard-hitting questions; just resume review and conversational style.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous job requirements.   2 Answers