IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2018
7,235 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

I was screened over the phone and then interviewed over the phone by two people. I was then invited to an in person interview, which IBM paid the expenses for

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Apply the position (including cover letter and resume). Screening process for number of candidates selection. 3 rounds of interview processes (Phone interview and in person interviews). Compensation negotiation.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There was a technical interview and a non-technical interview. The person conducting the technical interview was very matter of fact. The person conducting the non-technical interview had a more pleasant personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project I was assigned in school and how I completed it.   Answer Question

Systems Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

A Great interview process just was not the right circumstances for personal reasons. If things were different I would have continued with the interview process. The interviewers were really nice and explained the details about the company and the position thoroughly.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Good and nice, interview was quick and they were very nice. Did not get
    An offer though but would definitely interview again for this role if given the chance to do so

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The first interview was with project and/or lab manager, the second interview consisted of a panel of other scientists throughout IBM research. First phone interview was about one hour long and was a discussion of my research background. Second phone interview with panel consisted of pre-determined questions and a few ad-hoc questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

An IBM panel came to our college. We had 3 interviews, 30 mins each. 1 - Technical, 1 - behavioral and 1 - case study. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and patient in answering our questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the sales of "abc", Explain the data that you would seek for analysis and ML algorithms to use.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager directly. It started with a phone call with the team, I had a great discussion with them. I was then moved to the next round which was another phone call with the Designer Manager which went pretty well and it was an offer.
    But the problem started later when the HR contacted me to ask about my Immigration status. I explained to her that I have an approved I-140 and my current h1b is expiring in couple of months have passed 6 year on it.
    And IBM has this meaningless policy where they require the candidate to have a minimum 24 months left on their H1b. With this I was rejected from taking up the offer.

Software Engineer Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online, received an email back asking about accommodation for a cognition test, get sent a link to cognition test, then wait for three weeks before any indication of anything.

You have to check their website for any indicators of their response; they don't send you an email back if they reject you. They don't have the courtesy to let you know something for three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Received a link to a cognition test consisting of math word problems   Answer Question