IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
6,154 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 people interviewed me simultaneously over a phone. Fairly laid back. They were friendly and explained the process and functional group, and answered questions appropriately.

They were good at scheduling and follow-up. However, I never heard back from them on why I didn't get the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a bad situation?
      Explain the gaps in your experience?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial application accepted, invited for analytic testing. Passed analytic testing, invited for Excel and Word testing. Passed Excel and Word tested, invited for in person panel interview with three people with similar job titles in surrounding cities and the HR manager.

Well, the interview lasted about 10 minutes because half the questions they asked pertained to my experience working on things that WERE NOT mentioned in the job description. The job description made not mention about experience with budget preparation, budget management, or budget analysis, yet 4 of the 9 questions from the panel asked about my knowledge and experience with various aspects of budgets.
    How about making the questions in the interview relevant to the skills and duties mentioned in the job description?
    Also, after making it to the final 7 people out of at least 100, would have been nice to get a courtesy email letting me know I didn't make it.
    What a joke.

Interview Questions

• What is the experience we know you don't with this thing that we didn't mention in the job description but is, in fact, the most important responsibility of the job?   Answer Question

SAP Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online, 2-3 months later got an email back asking to take an assessment. After completing that, had one phone interview. Tough interview, seemed like they were expecting me to be an expert on SAP even though it was marked as an entry level position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have the web interview include 3 programming problems and 5 behavior problems. All of them are online. You need use a webcam to record you answer. When dealing with programming problem , it is better to do them on the IDE first, and then paste the answer to the web.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed a few weeks later and asked to fill out the online assessment. I feel like I did terrible on it. Lots of logic and patterns. I would be surprised if I got a positive response.

Internship Interview

Interview

Two video calls a month apart, mostly asked about resume and other behavioral questions. Wanted to see what my interests were for placement, and described their roles as well. Bad part was response time, they were slow about answering questions through email.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Simple and not useful, did not like it very much, phone interview for 20 minutes, the process is similar with other jobs and the person I talked to was not very happy that day

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR a week after submitting at the career fair. I was given two phone interviews by different members of the same team. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• No technical problems, mainly on the past experience on the resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somers, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Somers, NY).

Interview

most interviews are over the phone. I had 3 phone interviews because all the managers were located in different cities. The hiring manager was located on the East Coast, as was the HR screener, whereas the skills manager was located on the West Coast

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer