IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017
5,865 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Entry level business analytics consultant (CbD): The process wasn't difficult. I went through university hire and there were 3 rounds. Of those rounds, they consisted of a case study type of answer and question, personality and behavioral (asked about resume, other questions, etc.). I ended up receiving an offer fairly soon and accepted it because the position seemed promising and challenging.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews - two behavioral and one case. The interviewers I had were polite and each session was a standard, run-of-the-mill job interview. The experience was long considering it took them over a month to get back, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

University Hire. Spoke with recruiter then was contacted by hiring manager. Had a quick chat with the hiring manager and went over resume. Got asked about previous internship. No technical questions were asked

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Interview was fairly laid back. Talked with 2 managers. A few questions on past experience, and an aptitude test (mathematics and pattern recognition). Caveat, This was from my interview ~18 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you start with a customer on the phone who is obviously already unhappy?   1 Answer

GBS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Standard interview process for on-campus recruiting for college seniors. 3 interviews back to back after a career fair. Received a congratulatory email before the end of the week. Everyone was easy to talk to and seemed more interested in trying to get to know you, rather than trying to stump you.

Interview Questions

• Very simple case question: how can Newco increase its profits?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview process was typical where it starts with phone interview, and technical interview.
    Nice part is at the time, I did not have to come in for interview which is nice if you are not located in the area.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was over the phone, very pleasant with the main Manager, the team project lead and creative director. The Project Manager lead was asking me most of the questions about my previous experience, methodology I used and software.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Interview as part of their campus recruiting process. Questions were straightforward. They were looking for both summer interns and permanent employees and they were interviewing for a number of different possible positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through employee referral drive. Has a 2 written tests followed by a f2f intervew. From about 500 people, they selected 50 after the tests and nearly all were selected in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions to find the next term in series. The questions were timed.   Answer Question