IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018
7,041 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

I was screened over the phone and then interviewed over the phone by two people. I was then invited to an in person interview, which IBM paid the expenses for

Procurement Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (Cumberland, MD).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers and one team lead. The questions were around how you would deal with conflict and I told several times that loyalty to IBM was important. However, was dropped after I mentioned that loyalty is a two way street. Overall, interview was short, and I got the offer letter before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where there was conflict and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Cognitive Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an email after a couple of days asking to do a video interview. I went to the link and it was just answering the questions on the screen while they video record me. There was 3 coding challenges and other questions in between.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, etc.
      Specifics about neural networks and computing   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Walked in and was roasted straight away, they didn't ask much about me. They weren't concerned with my CV either. Apparently they give you a brief training and then let you loose.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very straight forward and intensive. Industry experts interview first and then followed by hiring manager. Salary negotiation happens in last round and better to be firm with what one expects. Negotiate hard and justify the figures.

Interview Questions

• Why would you quit your current job?   1 Answer

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to a virtual online interview. Interview was three back-to-back parts. One behavioral, one technical, and one case study. (They said beforehand that it was 2 behavioral and one case study, but it turned out to be technical) I was applying for a technical position beforehand, so I expected a technical interview. However, the technical part consisted mainly of data analysis questions, which I was not expecting since my background is programming. The interview overall was pretty simple.

However, it took FOREVER for me to hear back. I kept contacting hr regarding a timeframe, since I had another job offer, and they couldn't give me one. It ended up being around 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral regarding how well you'll fit into the role - ex: if you like traveling, how you deal with a client, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in April 2018.

Interview

Started with a HireVue coding challenge, which consisted of 3 programming questions and 5 video responses. The 5 video response questions were behavioralhire, one of them asking you to explain your answer to one of the coding questions

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Berkeley, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was split into 3 parts. The first was a set of conceptual questions that mostly focused on how an OS worked. The second was a simple coding question. The last part was a discussion about some projects on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of an OS?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Apply on the IBM website
    2. Finish online reasoning test
    3. Video interview on Hirevue. (record yourself and answer 2 questions in 5 minutes)
    The whole apply process really takes time. This is a campus hire in Taiwan branch.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a fast learning experience.
      2. Describe a success teamwork experience.   Answer Question

Senior Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Just gave online coding challenge on hirevue. Questions were easy on the logical part but hirevue test is more than that. Hirevue asks you parse your input a lot(I think it is the only test that this service provider is interested in). Not only for IBM but whichever company uses this software has the same issue of parsing the string input even before you start writing the acutual logic. String parsing wastes a lot of crucial time and the interview goes negative for you. Very bad experience in using Hirevue.