IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
5,662 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Summit Program Interview

Interview

Interview was more like a conversation. It flowed very easily the interviewer just asked questions in regards to personality. Asked frequently if I had any questions (they want you to have questions). Interview was an hour long

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straight forward. Applied through my school, on campus interview. Found out 1 week later. The interviewers were very nice. You should be prepared to ask them a lot of questions or you will sit there in awkward silence. Case interview was a profit/loss case

Test Management Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

a. Recruiter contacted several times to schedule an interview and then just few minutes before the interview send email saying we found better candidate. I don't find it professional.
    b. Don't expect recruiter to email you after an interview (if you are not selected) . they even don't bother to response to your email. Sooooo unprofessional!

Secretary Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I was trained on Office Systems while working for the Mayor of Prichard Alabama. Due to my experience I was originally hired as Exec Secretary to the Branch Office Manager. After 4 years of
    Secretarial, I went to a Chicago training center to become a Customer Engineer. The only female in my class and passed to become the only female Customer Engineer on my team. Worked 31 years and enjoyed my job and my customers. Never had a customer complaint

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Process took far too long, first was an online assessment then a recorded 20 min question and answer interview, passed both of those then a live video chat that I also did good on then never heard back.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

4 step process including video questions, Skype interview, and phone interview with manager. It was a long process over the course of at least 2 months, but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Case study question about how to manage a large territory   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online- Basic application on their website. Pretty simple. Received reply within about two weeks.
    2. Coding Challenge- 3 coding challenge with 5 behavioral questions and 3 coding. Received reply that I passed within a few days.
    3. Guru Interview - 1 on 1 with a Software Developer at IBM
    4. (still waiting to do my guru interview)

Applications Developer(Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked technical questions, but no coding. Group interview. 5 other people interviewed me. What is agile development? Have you used testing in your programs? Do you know what a framework is? Why do you want to work for IBM? I did not know answers to about 50% of questions. I also am taking a summer class, so this may have been the reason why I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is agile development?   1 Answer