Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy to be here!

Sep 27, 2020 - Electrical Engineer II in Brookfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to engage in new-product building. Adequate lab-equipment and technical support to take some load off the engineers. Amazing friendliness from people throughout the organization makes it very easy to approach anyone and ask for advice, which I personally find super helpful. Flexible work hours. Company also funds trainings, or education for their employees.

Cons

Some politics are there, as in all companies. Also, it would be nice if they could arrange free-lunch for their employees, as some other companies do.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to work for

May 10, 2021 - CAD Designer in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are treated very well

Cons

Expectations are very high, this is not a company that accepts average.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t be fooled

May 4, 2021 - Senior Project Leader in Brookfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits Nice, new facilities

Cons

Worst work environment I have ever been in- no respect. Culture value of “candid” is used as an excuse for rude behavior. Some leaders rule by bullying tactics. I’ve literally been screamed at multiple times and when shared with my multiple managers, nothing was done except excuses were made. Leadership is made up of a Frat Boy crew who are unprofessional and regularly use profanities but like to pass it off as being casual. People are continuously promoted who lack experience and knowledge to be successful which leads to poor decision making and send teams scrambling in bad directions only to revert course and redirect leading to unnecessary rework. Severe lack of diversity throughout. No amount of money or benefits or perks make that environment worthwhile.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Milwaukee Tool Response

VP Human Resources

We appreciate your candid feedback as this is the straightforward feedback we want to hear so we may continuously improve. We certainly do not condone the behavior you cited. You are correct, candid is not an excuse to be rude, but an opportunity to respectfully ask questions to objectively better understand circumstances to then enable us to act with a One Team mentality to make the best possible decisions for the organization. Many of our leaders have grown with us from the first day of their professional career and other leaders have joined us from other organizations. All of them have varying backgrounds and experiences to help us innovate and continue changing and improving to meet our organizational and user needs. Please feel free to contact Human Resources to help us understand the circumstances you describe so we may improve throughout our organization.

Discover more reviews about Milwaukee Tool.