Paylocity - Growing company with great culture that values employees | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Growing company with great culture that values employees"

Current Employee - ACA Product Support Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL
Current Employee - ACA Product Support Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company that values employees and creates a culture that allows employees to be happy and comfortable at work. Company that still feels like a small business even with rapid growth. Fun upbeat place to work

Cons

Only small complaint would be vacation accrual. Prior jobs gave time up front, here must be accrued.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A Great Place!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and atmosphere at Paylocity is sooo refreshing, so welcoming, so family-like. The core beliefs of this company is felt and demonstrated, from what I've experienced thus far, on every level. I look forward to growing with this company.

Cons

In all honesty, I cannot say that there is a true down side to working here.
    I do wish though, that there was a stronger mentor/mentee program in place for new hires coming out of training.

Paylocity Response

Mar 21, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for your positive reflections on your experience at Paylocity! Formal mentor program is a great suggestion that I will pass on. Our best ideas and innovations come from our team... More

"Lots of pros and lots of cons"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

-Small cozy company feel.
    -Communication flows extremely well and spans from upper management down.
    -Telecommute is ingrained in their culture which is a rarity.
    -Great people with great attitudes.
    -Lots of opportunities for training and learning new things.

Cons

-Very low pay.
    -Very top heavy and out of balance with meetings and collaboration vs allowance for time to actually get work done. I literally feel like my whole day is just meetings, surprise meetings and endless noise on slack. No love if you want to be silo'd for sections of your day to hammer out work and gain a sense of accomplishment.
    -Inherent to the previous con is a sense of micro-management. I sometimes feel like I can't even leave my desk throughout an entire day or wonder if people are curious about what i'm doing if i'm not maintaining the fury of messages on slack. Balance in this arena is definitely needed in my opinion. Again I love all of the tools to collaborate, but it almost feels like each tool is just another monitoring device to manage you at the task level.
    -Many processes are still in the works so it definitely feels like and has the startup headaches. This splinters into many other cons like poor decisions being made on what processes to use, etc.

Discover more reviews about Paylocity.